[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

woohoo-leo.gif

i haz impress from Jabari Parker tonight

if we can land either him or Wiggins, id be happy

not sure yet how i feel bout the win tonight :lol:

and my gawd that dunk by Xavier!!! :x :x :x

Last edited:
We gotta stop winning these loseable games b.

Only way we're getting a top 3 pick is on some D-Rose/Chicago tip :frown:

Last edited:
i haz impress from Jabari Parker tonight

if we can land either him or Wiggins, id be happy

not sure yet how i feel bout the win tonight
laugh.gif

and my gawd that dunk by Xavier!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
its not that bad, lets go through the win check list

VS Clippers? No

VS Rockets? No

VS Heat? No

Ska's kid at game? No

damn... guess it wasn't a good win

In case you were keeping track.... We would pick 15th if the draft happened today.

As of right now we are projected to win 36-37 games.

Next 15 games (7 Home, 8 Away).. They can reasonably go 10-5. But 7-8, 8-7 is probably the realistic number.

@DEN, vs. MEM, vs. DET, vs. GS, vs. SAC, @WAS, @BK, @DET, vs. POR, @SAC, vs. TOR, vs. PHX, @OKC, @CHA, @ATL

Last edited:
I imagine that this year is basically a trial run to see who we try to keep for the squad on multiyear deals moving forward.  Likely in lesser roles too, a la in 2000 when we signed Ron Harper, Glen Rice, and AC Green to push Derek Fisher, Rick Fox and Robert Horry respectively to the bench.

That said, if you were Mitch Kupchak and got to keep five of these guys for the future, who would you pick? 

My vote goes to:

-Jordan Hill (Plays Defense and Rebounds with hustle.  Him and Meeks play hard every single night and he doesn't mope about not getting PT.  Bigs like this are rare and he's a must-keep in my view.)

-Jordan Farmar (Not a starter in any sense but does everything you need a backup PG to do - shoots, finishes with soft touch, solid passer)

-Jodie Meeks (I like his hustle, everyone knows he's a shooter but he's an underrated defender and moves well offball.  He's clearly been working on his cutting and doing things on offense other than shooting, and it shows.)

-Nick Young (IMO he's perfect behind Kobe, not a starter but can get hot every once in while which you need from a bench.  Plus, he's local and plays with flair and style)

-Robert Sacre (I just believe in this guy, gets after it and plays like a chicken with his head cut off. Good practice guy at worst, brings spirit to the team and these guys are more important than people think.  Untapped potential, in my opinion)

Henry is promising but raw and inconsistent so I still need to see more of him - scoring wings are a dime a dozen but maybe he's more consistent than I think he is.  Kobe's return should mean that we rely on him a little less to create offense on the wing when Swaggy P doesn't have it.

Wesley Johnson is most valuable for Defense but I think there are better stoppers out there which we need for the Paul Georges, Lebrons and KDs of the league.  SF is the deepest position after PG so you absolutely have to have an Elite defender at the 3 to be a contender - Luol Deng would be a good look being that Chicago is looking like they (stupidly) don't want to pay him. 

Blake is good right now as a stopgap but he's getting old and I'd much rather a younger guy as our everyday starter.   Honestly I see management resigning him because the ability to pass and keep a calm head under pressure is important particularly when you talk about a team full of young, unproven guys.  Alas, who knows. 

Shawne Williams is a D'Antoni product so I can't see him sticking around when the inevitable happens and Pringles gets canned.  

Kaman is here probably because of Mitch's hard-on for white bigs and that's ok because he produces.  Still, he doesn't provide much rim protection and is prone to boneheaded plays - see when he tried to dribble to the rack in front of Chris Paul without even looking and got stripped in a matter of nanoseconds.

Steve Nash in my opinion is done.  Hopefully I'm wrong but frankly I'm sick of being absolutely torched by opposing PGs which has been the Lakers' death knell for about six or seven consecutive seasons, save for the painfully brief Ramon Sessions era.

Ryan Kelly and Elias Harris are massive question marks. 

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom