[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I wonder if he misses Phoenix and their fountain of youth medical staff.

ixkznSh1nwmuR.gif

It's tough to see Nash like this, especially since we've only seen fleeting glimpses of the real Steve Nash as a Laker.

If he can't get his body right, maybe D'Antoni hires him on as an assistant?

I'm not even sure if that would be good (though if J Kidd can do it, Nash sure can)... but I just want something out of Nash as a Laker :frown:

Looking at Jodie's stat line 10% into the season... This is exactly the level he is capable of playing, and the level he needs to keep up.

Hill is playing great as always..

Farmar needs to stop being a turnover machine, and I'll be happy with him.

Blake has been solid.

Kaman has been solid. Exactly what we needed him to be he is.

Nick Young needs to improve his three point shot. I'm fine with 41.7% shooting from the field from him... I'm not fine with 1/3 of his shots from 3 giving me 26.1%.

Xavier coming back down to earth.

Wes is starting to play up, but still not good enough.

Turns out we have the best bench in the league so far :wow:

1st in bench points, 1st in Reb, 1st in Assists, 9th in Steals, 5th in FG%, 7th 3P%, 1st in Efficiency, 1st in Deff

those bench stats are interesting. the story of this season is not unfamiliar. it's like a mix of the rudy t year and the year we got pau. lakers are both in position to get in the lotto or mitch can pull a blockbuster midseason trade out of his ***. there are a few realistic scenarios that could go down. nash,pau,kelly, and one of our young thundercats is eerily similar to aaron mckie, kwame, marc, and javaris.

gonna be plenty of teams looking to be players in this offseason's draft and free agency so the trade market will be active

almost looks like mitch and jim are trying to build a contender by doing it bench first

Last edited:
I am not too sure how I feel about the season so far...
When we win it feels great, but when we lose I find myself feeling the same way :lol: :smh:

Lets face fact guys, our whole team is filled with exceptional role players. But they are just that ROLE players, they call them role players
for a reason...

On the flip side I shouldn't exactly be happy because I no theres no chance of us sniffing the 1st pick this year let alone a top 5.
Nash near retirement, Kobe waiting in the wind, Pau a shell of what he used to be, MDA living,

Next few years will be exciting when you think about it, complete turnover of a franchise

Three team trade that needs to happen.... Lakers, Raptors, Celtics.....

Edit: Damnit Nash... Way to ruin it all.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think what would have happened had the Lakers, Suns, Raptors and Rockets all got together in 2012 and did a mega sign-and-trade:

Lakers: Lowry
Raptors: Nash
Suns: Dragic
Rockets: Raptors draft pick that went to the Thunder in the Harden trade

But alas.

It's tough to see Nash like this, especially since we've only seen fleeting glimpses of the real Steve Nash as a Laker.

If he can't get his body right, maybe D'Antoni hires him on as an assistant?

I'm not even sure if that would be good (though if J Kidd can do it, Nash sure can)... but I just want something out of Nash as a Laker
frown.gif
When we first signed him, it definitely felt like the Wizards picking up Jordan.

Except this is actually worst then that. Jordan was a shell of his former self. Nash is a facsimile of a semblance of something pretending to be a fraction of the shell that is his former self.

almost looks like mitch and jim are trying to build a contender by doing it bench first
Was talking about this yesterday at work: I legit think our bench right now could destroy our starters.

I'm not even talking 'win'; I mean EMBARASS.

Nash

Blake

Young

Pau

Kaman

vs.

Farmar

Meeks

X

Wes

Hill

Yeah, gimme that bench. All day.

^Yes, seriously. I'd take the bench too. Replace Nash/Blake with Kobe then the dynamic changes and I'd go with the former. I'm sure Kobe would chew out the starters through his own version of constructive criticism for playing insipidly*

*(calling Pau Gasol to the front desk)

If only Nash & Pau were not terrible :smh:

I am forever mad. I think I finally created the three team trade that would help everyone... But since Pau & Nash are both in their own ways terrible..... No one would agree to it.

Last edited:
This is funny ....years and years of us complaining about our bench and us having the worst bench in the world and we wait until now to have
a decent one :rolleyes

I am just happy that our money will be freed up to play with! It seems like its been so long since we have had spending money

^pau doesn't have to be good to have trade value tho

He certainly can't play like this though...

And Nash can't be injured.

We could have started our Re-building this year, if not for those 2.

I envisioned getting Rondo. But all for naught.

Last edited:

Yep. When people ask me how I feel about the current state of the lakeshow and the effect CP3 & D12 situation went down, this is generally my response:

Even then and in hindsight, I preferred D12 over CP3, given our history of big men HOFs and in Laker land big men flourish. After all, YOLO bynum's got 2. I know CP3 is great and all and I would love to have him on our team, its just if given the choice of one or the other I'd pick D12. Concurrently, we picked up Nash and basically Mitch and Co. were going all in for Kobe's 6th chip, which of course is rightfully so. And along with the major pick-ups comes the risks; given D12's first year as a laker and Nash's age. Evidently both of them didn't pan out the way we had anticipated.

Basically if we had Rondo, D12, and Kobe, then the odds would be strongly in our favor. It's a long shot, but I'm just speaking on butterfly effect terms.

And as a disclaimer, D12 was not ready for the bright lights of Staples and the decorated history that ensues so I'm glad he didn't resign.

Nash...something's gotta give.

boardwalk-2.gif

I just dont understand how pau is 7'0 and this so-called star, but he doesnt step up and demand the ball in the post. After kobe, he's the best player on the lakers. He needs to be the leader of this team, and take players in the post and just dominate. He's basically the most skilled big man in the game. Can post up, shoot with both hands, mid range and three point range (even though I dont like him taking that). He needs to get his head out his *****.

Also not sold on young. Nothing but a volume shooter with a bad field goal percentage. I wouldve benched him and let Xavier Henry start. And wes johnson is a bust to me, dude has the height, but is a avg. If not worse,nba player...

This is gonna be a,long long season, with possibly no playoffs, depending when kobe will return

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom