[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Kal-El-8... if you want to be really optimistic.

But that Mavs team wasn't just the way it was built, it was just pure craziness to be honest.

A bunch of guys who played amazing with a chip on their shoulders, at the same time. I'm not sure that magic will ever happen again with any team.

But that brings up one of the things I do like about our guys... they do have a good attitude. They are playing with something to prove. So far they've played two games with something to prove over the other team (the Clips and Dwight Howard), and they've come out blazing and focused in both. I like the fight.

But that Mavs team wasn't just the way it was built, it was just pure craziness to be honest.

A bunch of guys who played amazing with a chip on their shoulders, at the same time. I'm not sure that magic will ever happen again with any team.

But that brings up one of the things I do like about our guys... they do have a good attitude. They are playing with something to prove. So far they've played two games with something to prove over the other team (the Clips and Dwight Howard), and they've come out blazing and focused in both. I like the fight.
yeah agreed.

like i said it'd have to be something magical, but in my personal humble opinion, I can see some some similarities.

iono.. i could be crazy.
laugh.gif

its nice having nick young smiling because he enjoys being a part of the team rather than dwight smiling because he will get to play on the bouncy castle at his 34th sons 8th birthday party this weekend

I can see us being close to the Mavs team that beat the heat.
Kidd= nash

Bryant= aging superstar= dirk

Pau= no one (we need a defensive anchor for this to work)

Wes Johnson= Marion

and our shooters shooting like there shooters did during that run
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.

In my Kidd/Nash comments, I fully recognize the possibility that my Kidd homerism may be blinding me. That being said, my first issue here is that Kidd's contribution to that team was far more off court than it was on court. He was more of the coach than Carlisle was. Second, Kidd is NOT a good shooter, and never has been. Great passer, my favorite since Magic, but not a shooter... HOWEVER... you COULD NOT... leave him open that playoff run. He brought something to the table that he doesn't normally bring to the table; Nash... isn't. Hell, he's hardly bringing to the table what we all expect him to bring to the table, but actually bringing something NEW? Increasing steals? Rebounds? Getting after 50/50 balls? SOMETHING? Yeahno.

I'll leave the Bryant/Dirk one alone, since Bryant isn't playing, and Dirk was BANANAS that Finals.

Pau. 
laugh.gif

Wes = MARION??!?!?!? Dear mother of sweet baby Jesus, no. At his worst, that Marion coule still frustrate the hell out of ANYONE on the floor. I'm not saying 'shut down', I'm saying 'frustrate'. Anyone in the league. Wes is good (not great) at frustrating post players... and that's it.

And our shooters... if they shoot like their shooters?! Who on our team is hitting like Peja? Didn't he have one game against us in those playoffs where he hit like 7 threes in the forst 4 seconds? 
laugh.gif
 And Jet was freaking WEEEETTTT.

We have solid wins against the Clippers and the Rockets... and now we have the potential of emulating a previous champion?!

Negative. No not never.

Last edited:
jason terry that year was 100000 times better than anyone we have on our team right now

dude was talking about "bron cant guard me in a 7 game series"

In my Kidd/Nash comments, I fully recognize the possibility that my Kidd homerism may be blinding me. My first issue here is that Kidd's contribution to that team was far more off court than it was on court. He was more of the coach than Carlisle was. Second, Kidd is NOT a good shooter, and never has been. Great passer, my favorite since Magic, but not a shooter... but you COULD NOT... leave him open that playoff run. He brought something he doesn't normally bring to the table; Nash... isn't. Hell, he's hardly bringing to the table what we all expect him to the table, but actually bringing something NEW? Increasing steals? Rebounds? Getting after 50/50 balls? SOMETHING? Yeahno.

I'll leave the Bryant/Dirk one alone, since Bryant isn't playing, and Dirk was BANANAS that Finals.

Pau. 
laugh.gif

Wes = MARION??!?!?!? Dear mother of sweet baby Jesus, no. At his worst, Marion can still frustrate the hell out of ANYONE on the floor. I'm not saying 'shut down', I'm saying 'frustrate'. Anyone in the league. Wes is good (not great) at frustrating post players... and that's it.

And our shooters... if they shoot like their shooters?! Who on our team is hitting like Peja? Didn't he have one game against us in those playoffs where he hit like 7 threes in the forst 4 seconds? 
laugh.gif

We have solid wins against the Clippers and the Rockets... and now we have the potential of emulating a previous champion?!

Negative. No not never.
I said the alot of stuff would have to fall in our favor in terms of players playing well..

but i respect your opinion and at least gave reasoning instead of just emoticons..

In a general sense though, that possibility of something "magical" is there simply because we have a lot of guys who love being on the team, like playing with each other (it was nice to see them do something as simple as group together and walk off after the game), and have something to prove. It doesn't change their level of talent but it creates the opportunity for something special.

Maybe not something as special as that Mavs run. Nothing close. But "special" relative to what we expected from them.

Maybe if Xavier or Jodie had gotten a Larry O Brien tat, but it's too late now :smh:

***I think the only thing magical about this team is the potential to... FOR ONE NIGHT... beat someone we have no business beating.

By contrast, the Wizards, and Bobcats. In no way, shape, or form could I imagine them beating the Clippers or the Rockets. But us? I anticipate every game we play, because we COULD beat anyone on one night.

The Heat? I could see it. One night. Sure. Bron goes bonkers, but we could have a night where our shooters get as hot... or even moreso... than their shooters, and Pau = Bosh for that one night, and Bryant > Wade. Battier's hustle and defense? We got X. In a series? They'd sweep us, most likely by double digits every game.

But one night? Sure. And we will beat teams this season that we have no business beating, teams that we have no chance against in a series, and that will be the magic we enjoy this season.

Not some whimsical championship run. 
laugh.gif

***if someone is reading this reply in June and we just so happen to be in the Finals, then I take all of this back.

***I think the only thing magical about this team is the potential to... FOR ONE NIGHT... beat someone we have no business beating.

By contrast, the Wizards, and Bobcats. In no way, shape, or form could I imagine them beating the Clippers or the Rockets. But us? I anticipate every game we play, because we COULD beat anyone on one night.

The Heat? I could see it. One night. Sure. Bron goes bonkers, but we could have a night where our shooters get as hot... or even moreso... than their shooters, and Pau = Bosh for that one night, and Bryant > Wade. Battier's hustle and defense? We got X. In a series? They'd sweep us, most likely by double digits every game.

But one night? Sure. And we will beat teams this season that we have no business beating, teams that we have no chance against in a series, and that will be the magic we enjoy this season.

Not some whimsical championship run. 
laugh.gif

***if someone is reading this reply in June and we just so happen to be in the Finals, then I take all of this back.
emphasis on the ONE NIGHT part 
laugh.gif
 i really dont see us beating the clippers again this season

Like I said the "magic" is relative...

For us, having a bunch of guys with a chip on their shoulder isn't going to work out as good as it did for the Mavs, of course... but that's what I'm gonna credit for anything "special" this year, even if it's just a handful of meaningless wins over some rivals. Cause any special wins, win streaks or moments sure won't be because of how well this roster is built.

I just like the fight that I see, even simple stuff like Xavier's smirk to CP3 :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom