**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Trading for PG now will allow us to sign up to 2 max players next summer (Westbrook and Lebron?)

If we wait to sign PG next summer, we'll only be able to sign him and 1 other max
No we'll only be able to sign 1 max in addition to PG because of his cap hold. If we didn't unload Mosgov's salary we would have only been able to bring in PG and nobody else. 

No we'll only be able to sign 1 max in addition to PG because of his cap hold. If we didn't unload Mosgov's salary we would have only been able to bring in PG and nobody else. 
Trading Moz away gave us around 60m for next summer, you can get 2 max players with that

randle swole = contract year. i guess u see where laker management is pissed at these youngins. smh.  OH SO NOW U WANNA WORK?! *****

For the chicken littles comparing this potential move to the Knicks, let us not forget what the Knicks gave up:

Wilson Chandler (23)

Danillo Gallanari (22)

Timofey Mosgov (24)

Raymond Felton (26)

1st round pick

Pick swap 2016

The deal on the table that Momo and Stein have been reporting is ONE of JC or Randle and 2 late round picks. So again tell me how it is anywhere near the realm of being the same. 

If they can't get a taker for Deng, they'll probably stretch the last 2 years of his deal or alternatively move Clarkson if one of the other marquee free agents decide to join PG. 

By the way, Lopez gets dunked on. A lot. Like dj mbenga status. Brace yourselves. And if Randle is traded it's going to be a rebound buffet for opponents with Brook and Larry manning the paint. Also Randle probably drives right more than he does left, please pay attention.

Anyway, again, did you guys not see the report that just came out about how gms were leaking info to tank Russell's value? That's why the return was so poor, our front office got played plain and simple. To me it smells like pelinka has some bad blood around the league. This type of thing happening was reported in the media as soon as he was announced as gm. Pelinka has connections that will benefit the team but I'm sure there's a few sour relationships that will come back to bite as we saw with this deal

Last edited:
We are worse
when you have millennials that think its a given that they will be great, we have to clean house and let them know
By the way, Lopez gets dunked on. A lot. Like dj mbenga status. Brace yourselves. And if Randle is traded it's going to be a rebound buffet for opponents with Brook and Larry manning the paint. Also Randle probably drives right more than he does left, please pay attention.

Anyway, again, did you guys not see the report that just came out about how gms were leaking info to tank Russell's value? That's why the return was so poor, our front office got played plain and simple. To me it smells like pelinka has some bad blood around the league. This type of thing happening was reported in the media as soon as he was announced as gm. Pelinka has connections that will benefit the team but I'm sure there's a few sour relationships that will come back to bite as we saw with this deal
dat conspiracy.  OR, he just wasn't good enough.

We'd own his bird rights which would allow us to go over the cap to sign him
He still has a 30 mil cap hold that counts against the cap until he actually signs the deal. So as of right now we technically have 60 mil worth of space going into next season, but 30 of that is taken up by PG's deal so to get to a max number for Westbrook, Cousins, or Bron, we'd have to stretch Deng at minimum and renounce Black. 

a Knicks/Lakers trade is in the works... not saying it's Melo... more likely KP or the 8... but best believe these two teams are gonna cook up something

He still has a 30 mil cap hold that counts against the cap until he actually signs the deal. So as of right now we technically have 60 mil worth of space going into next season, but 30 of that is taken up by PG's deal so to get to a max number for Westbrook, Cousins, or Bron, we'd have to stretch Deng at minimum and renounce Black. 
If we trade for PG now, wouldn't our 60m cap space still be the same? We'd have to match salary's

You then sign 2 max players under that 60m, and since we would then own PG's bird rights, we are able to go over the cap to re-sign him

Trading for PG now will allow us to sign up to 2 max players next summer (Westbrook and Lebron?)

We should hurry up and print our championship T-shirts. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I didn't realize Deangelo Russell was such a generational talent

I didn't realize I said he was.

Nevermind the pipe dream of trading for George and signing Russ AND Bron, not to even mention the fact Russ/Bron would not be a good fit AT ALL, but hey, Magic will guide us.

If we trade for PG now, wouldn't our 60m cap space still be the same? We'd have to match salary's

You then sign 2 max players under that 60m, and since we would then own PG's bird rights, we are able to go over the cap to re-sign him
No that's not how it works. There's these things called cap holds that approximate to the starting salary of a new contract. In PG's case that's 30.6 mil on his new deal and it counts against your cap. It's also why Randle is a prime candidate to be the one moved because his cap hold is higher than JC's actual salary.

Back
Top Bottom