**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He didn't have any value around the league folks. That's abundantly clear.

That's the main point that's going over so many heads. It's been a thing that this FO isn't high on Russell, people acting like they haven't been trying to gauge his value since taking over.
A self-absorbed, bad decision making, defensive black hole isn't going to get as much as you think just because he has handle and can hit a 3.

That's the main point that's going over so many heads. It's been a thing that this FO isn't high on Russell, people acting like they haven't been trying to gauge his value since taking over.
A self-absorbed, bad decision making, defensive black hole isn't going to get as much as you think just because he has handle and can hit a 3.

Actually I rememeber Luke saying after the allstar break that D'Lo defense was really improved. The main problem for him on the court was him being a streaky shooter. Also don't forget about his health & durability issues with his knees.

Last edited:
I've come to terms with that, but does that mean we give him for pennies on the dollar? I've seen enough flashes from him to say I'd rather take the gamble that he takes a step forward next year than give up. Unless there's another move around the corner, this move just screams desperation.

New front offices are always try to make their mark on the team asap and making stupid trades. I just hope this isn't the case here. 

When I hear people say they wouldnt want Bron:

tumblr_lc5np7NYj61qdubemo1_500.gif

yea id love to see one of the greatest players of all time end his career as a laker

Nance is not a starter in this league :lol:

finally someone else said it

but hey we let go the next kevin love in ryan kelly so we gotta hang on to nance with his ol broke jumper maddog madsen but with athleticism self

Last edited:
How is this pennies on the dollar though?

We got a top 10 center in the league who's in a contract year so you know he's going to be motivated to perform, so his production shouldn't be an issue. We got another pick, which could be used. And got rid of a terrible contract as well as created a lot of cap space for next summer. 

I was never one that really cared to have to see Ball and D'Lo together for next season. I'm fine with that aspect and I think he was going to get moved regardless of when PG came, it's a semantics game at this point. If Magic, Rob, and more importantly Luke don't believe in the kid, then I don't see the big deal especially when his rep around the league was poor as hell. 

Last edited:
I've come to grips with the trade*. **** it. Ima root for Dlo in Brooklyn. He's in a tough situation but he'll get to be the man there and prove all the dumb ***** wrong. Really strong move by their GM Marks.

*Only if we get LeBron. If we don't get Lebron, I want Magic OUT!

Last edited:
Lakers were making tanking look too obvious.

Now they are trying to tank in the offseason blatantly obvious.

Not mad at the DLo trade. I don't see anything in him leading me to believe he'll be great. Not terrible, either, so... not mad at the trade.

Not mad at having the better Lopez.

Want Fox, settling into Lonzo.

Would welcome Bron with open arms. Are you kidding me?

(So whose camps am I in?)

Last edited:
Not mad at the DLo trade. I don't see anything in him leading me to believe he'll be great. Not terrible, either, so... not mad at the trade.

Not mad at having the better Lopez.

Want Fox, settling into Lonzo.

Would welcome Bron with open arms. Are you kidding me?

(So whose camps am I in?)

Pretty much this except I'm now in the Want Lonzo but settling into Fox camp.
Would love JJ too.

Sidenote: Funny how the entire league full of professional scouts and GMs didn't want DLo for more than a loaf of bread but were the idiots because we didn't appreciate how much of a legend he will be :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom