**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Think it's amusing how fans complain about minutes. It's not like Luke doesn't care about Dlo's development. He's obviously showcasing Lou for a potential trade. Dlo will get all his minutes after Lou is traded, idk why people are up in arms. Another positive is playing Lou over Dlo is beneficial to the tank as well. I wouldn't sweat it at all.

I'm tired of Magic doing every interview in the world. Just have Jeanie fire Jim and move on with it. Playing this type of **** out in the media makes your franchise look like an even bigger joke than it already is.

Best case scenario

Also last game kinda proves to me that we are losing on purpose at times or "throwing games"

You telling me dude got the rebound and couldn't call a time out so coach could draw out a play instead of taking a running 3 point jump shot

I like playing off the rebound and not letting the Kings get set on defense if they had called a timeout.

So then in his own words he should quit this year? Prolly just said that to save face instead of media saying his sister gave him the boot

Y'all really trynna cape for Byron now? I appreciate him getting us the 2 pick in back to back years but LOL.

Byron was a known quantity and simply wasn't a good coach. I know he was handcuffed by Kobe but Byron literally has one of the worst coaching percentages ever.

In addition, Luke did give Ingram & Nance (even tho they got abused) valuable playing time in the 4th. Something Byron would never do (it's different with no Kobe, but still).

It's not the same situation. U give Luke more of a rope cuz he's a rookie coach trying to learn on the job.

I'm specifically speaking in regards to D'Angelo and to a lesser extent Randle.

Another positive is playing Lou over Dlo is beneficial to the tank as well.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Dlo is a far worse NBA player right now than Lou Williams [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

So then in his own words he should quit this year? Prolly just said that to save face instead of media saying his sister gave him the boot

Yes in his own words that was 3 years ago. She can simply justify removing him based on nothing but that if she wanted. It's not like he has any good will left among the fanbase or around the league to be honest. Everyone looks at him as a joke.

Lou Williams has also been in the league 7 years and this is the best year he has ever had...

But I guess players never improve...

They just are what they are when they were drafted.

Ask Antetokounmpo.

Not sure what that has to do with Lou being a better player now. But it makes sense if Puke is actually trying to win instead of focusing on player development like he said last week. As long as Lou is here D'Lo's development will be stunted but that's not all on Lou. The coach has the control to make or not make that happen.

I didn't say he won't improve
Dlo "right now" is not as good as Lou so having Lou hurts the tank

Lou goes off once every 5 games and forces the entire offense to suit him when he goes in. Him being ur #1 player = you have a good tank going.

Lou is not a winning player for us. He can be helpful to a contending team as a bench scorer, but when you treat him as the best player your team is ******.

The team is a lot better when Lou isn't playing & everyone is moving the ball. Team ball is always better than Lou dominating everything. That's why Lou helps the tank.

Last edited:
About developing.

John wall is ******* dominating this season. It only took him 6 seasons to do it.

Lowry. Balling on a different level this season. Took him 3 teams to do it.

Y'all over here giving up Dlo :rolleyes

Last edited:
Wall has been great don't get me wrong but he definitely stepped it up to another level this year. I still remember 2-3 years ago the Washington media and fans were on his head everyday and everyone thought he was gunna bounce. All I'm saying is point guards is the hardest position to learn and dominate. It takes a lot of time and development.

About developing.

John wall is ******* dominating this season. It only took him 6 seasons to do it.

dlo will never touch that kind of athleticisim

Obviously not Wall but u act like Lowry is dumb athletic.

Also wall couldn't shoot for **** when he first came in the league but can hit threes with confidence now. Dlo is significantly further than Wall was in that department. Now transition / fast break is another issue. Wall is a once in a lifetime talent on fast breaks, while Dlo needs a lot of work in that area to say the least

Last edited:
D'lo has to play better, point blank. Luke also has to give him a chance to play through things. Both things can be true.

Hopefully Lou Will is traded and Luke has no choice but to play him.

About developing.

dlo will never touch that kind of athleticisim

I don't get this. Developing only has to do with athleticism?

To compare one player getting better, to another, they have to be the same player or something? :lol:

His point is, young guys came in, and did not dominate or "lead their teams" as 19-20-21 year olds, and now are doing pretty well for themselves at 25-26-27 etc.

John Wall, got better with age.
Kyle Lowry, got better with age.
Mike Conley, got better with age.
CJ McCollum, got better with age.

DLo, he sucks, let's get rid of him immediately, we don't care he's only 20, he'll never be anything, blah blah blah.

We gotta relax folks. It's gonna be alright. These kids will grow, and Luke will grow right along with them.

Dlo is definitely slumping right now and he needs to get out of it somehow

In his last 12 games (not counting the Denver game where he got injured in the first minute):

11.3 Pts
5.3 Asst
4.3 Reb
2.7 TO
36% FG
29% 3PT FG
26.5 Minutes

7 of those 12 games he had either 1 three pointer or zero made
6 of the 12 games he had 9 shot attempts or less
7 of the 12 games - 9 points or less

Maybe he's tired. Or trying to figure out how to be a leader. Or changed his routine. Or he has sore knees. Or maybe he's just too young.
One thing's for sure, he needs to be more agressive, shoot more, play with confidence and hunger. Attack the paint. Get some easy buckets (if you can) to get you going, run with speed, push the ball, show that you are a young kid with energy not an old tired 40 year old.

Wall has been great don't get me wrong but he definitely stepped it up to another level this year. I still remember 2-3 years ago the Washington media and fans were on his head everyday and everyone thought he was gunna bounce. All I'm saying is point guards is the hardest position to learn and dominate. It takes a lot of time and development.

2-3 years ago....Wall was an all star...all defensive team...and had the Wizards in the winning playoff series :lol:.

Wall has been good for some time now. The national media is just starting to pay attention

D'Lo's development is entirely dependent on him realizing that "elite shooter" potential cause without that he's not going to be anything more than an average PG in this league.

Dlo is definitely slumping right now and he needs to get out of it somehow

In his last 12 games (not counting the Denver game where he got injured in the first minute):

11.3 Pts
5.3 Asst
4.3 Reb
2.7 TO
36% FG
29% 3PT FG
26.5 Minutes

7 of those 12 games he had either 1 three pointer or zero made
6 of the 12 games he had 9 shot attempts or less
7 of the 12 games - 9 points or less

Maybe he's tired. Or trying to figure out how to be a leader. Or changed his routine. Or he has sore knees. Or maybe he's just too young.
One thing's for sure, he needs to be more agressive, shoot more, play with confidence and hunger. Attack the paint. Get some easy buckets (if you can) to get you going, run with speed, push the ball, show that you are a young kid with energy not an old tired 40 year old.

Could you break down Clarkson, Ingram, Randle, Nance and Zubac now? Would love to see their numbers as well.

Back
Top Bottom