**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He literally says "sounds like" when quoting Momo's article...as in he's conjecturing

He was also on TV arguing we should trade the 2 pick for PG. I wish people would stop quoting this dumb mfer. Can't wait until he gets fired after the draft

He literally says "sounds like" when quoting Momo's article...as in he's conjecturing

He was also on TV arguing we should trade the 2 pick for PG. I wish people would stop quoting this dumb mfer. Can't wait until he gets fired after the draft
Exactly.  Dude links an article written by someone else that mentions nothing about trading D'Lo and all of a sudden the lakers must be looking to offload D'Lo.

But even then. Let's trade Aaron Mintz's 2nd and 3rd biggest clients in Russell and Randle and then try to entice his biggest client to come aboard.

For Zach Collins :rofl:

If this is the level of moves we're making... Let's all realign the deck chairs on the Titanic

I'm just going to refer to PG#1 as Voldermort from now on. So much triggering whenever you say his name.

Dlo stans getting emo

Relax bruhs

I'm just going to refer to PG#1 as Voldermort from now on. So much triggering whenever you say his name.

Even a Dlo hater would have to admit that a mid lotto pick is terrible value for him. And it's being reported by Chad Ford.

Magic said he isn't untouchable so I really wouldn't be surprised if he was moved (I wouldn't agree with doing that), but it has be for more than Collins or Kennard. That's ridiculous.

I don't have a problem trading DLo for the right package. I just don't want him to get traded for peanuts.

Only way he gets dealt is by attaching Deng to the deal

Otherwise it's stupid to trade a former #2 for a late lottery pick

It's funny as hell hearing all these dudes on TV saying give up the #2, DLo, maybe BI for PG who WANTS TO COME HERE NEXT OFFSEASON ANYWAY. :lol:

Wouldn't he want to come to a team as much talent as possible. People saying "you gotta move now". For what?

Yeah unless that PG we trading for is a Top 10 PG in league, I'm not making the trade for DLo

It's funny as hell hearing all these dudes on TV saying give up the #2, DLo, maybe BI for PG who WANTS TO COME HERE NEXT OFFSEASON ANYWAY. :lol:

Wouldn't he want to come to a team as much talent as possible. People saying "you gotta move now". For what?

And then went things go bad they'll be on tv like, "the Lakers should've learned from the Melo/NY situation. How could they be so stupid?"

Lakers just got to stay patient and wait for the Pacers to strike out on all of these rumored trades where so and so teams like the Cavs, C's, Clips are willing to take a risk on trading for him knowing he's a 1 year rental and that they can convince him to re up with whatever team trades for him.

Use and learn from when the Nuggets fleeced the Knicks for a bunch of young talent when that trade went down and is nearly the same exact situation PG13 is in now.

The longer the rumors and Pacers shop him with no success in trading him the better it is for Magic & Pelinka to get him at a rock bottom trade price.

Last edited:
Woj just tweeted that the Lakers will not deal a young piece just to shed Moz or Deng's contract.

I don't blame em. The contracts while always ugly will be much easier to unload next year. Whether you stretch,waive or whatever. Not worth it to shed their salaries now if you have to trade Russel/Randle/Ingram with em.

I don't blame other teams for trynna grab our assets for the low

Last edited:
Woj just tweeted that the Lakers will not deal a young piece just to shed Moz or Deng's contract.

I don't blame em. The contracts while always ugly will be much easier to unload next year. Whether you stretch,waive or whatever. Not worth it to shed their salaries now if you have to trade Russel/Randle/Ingram with em.

I don't blame other teams for trynna grab our assets for the low

They are both literally dead weight contracts. You can only use the stretch provision on 1 of them. Which I'd say use it on Deng.

No team will give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to take those horrible contracts.

All this talk and hype about the draft and PG13 trade rumors we all forgot Swaggy P has to make his decision on his player option by this Wednesday.

Honestly I think he opts out and is gone.I also woudn't be surprised if he ends up signing with the Warriors or another title contender this summer.

Last edited:
Maybe you misheard me. Teams are contacting the Lakers, offering to take the bad contracts if the Lakers give up young assets with it. This is what they should do as Magic & Rob are rookies and they should try to play em.

From the Lakers perspective, It doesn't make sense to open up cap space right now. It does make sense to open cap space next year when you might be able to pair 2 FAs together. In that scenario, it would make sense to trade an asset to get rid of 2 years of Moz/Deng if necessary.

And you can use the stretch on both players, just not right now. You just can't have a certain percentage of your pay roll stretched. Won't be an issue next year when they both only have 2 years left.

Last edited:

And then went things go bad they'll be on tv like, "the Lakers should've learned from the Melo/NY situation. How could they be so stupid?"
View media item 2470200

The timing of this and the Woj tweet last night tells me that other GMs are leaking this news about Dlo/Randle in an attempt to lower their value.

The timing of this and the Woj tweet last night tells me that other GMs are leaking this news about Dlo/Randle in an attempt to lower their value.

Im not against trading D'Lo, but anyone who thinks its a good idea to trade him for a late lotto pick needs to get their **** examined. 

GMs def trying to lower their value so when Pacers are going to pull a trade other than to the Lakers their gonna want more of these "lower value" pieces and try and throw it back at the Lakers saying oh but you wanted a lottery pick for him or you were willing to add him to move up one spot. GMs are def trying to help Pacers because they all know PG prefers Lakers come next offseason and if their gonna trade with Lakers they want them to get all their young pieces.

Back
Top Bottom