**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Didn't really like that JJ wasn't at the Summer League game and another coach was there, taking notes, but I'll just tell myself that JJ is a film guy. 👀

Didn't really like that JJ wasn't at the Summer League game and another coach was there, taking notes but I'll just tell myself that JJ is a film guy. 👀
IMG_8168.jpeg
IMG_8167.jpeg

👀

Gary Trent Jr for the TPMLE will be the first new get for Pelinka this summer now that Bron freed up some money

Nobody will want to trade for Reddish but a waive n stretch is possible OR the Lakers do some kind of 3-for-1 or 4-for-2 trade with another team like Tor or Utah.

👀

Lakers own their 2025, 2027, 2030 and 2031 seconds. They also own the Clippers 2025 second.

Surely one of those will be attached to Reddish.

Crazy how the new cba has squeezed the mid tier in free agency. GTJ for the tMLE mil would be a steal.

Lakers own their 2025, 2027, 2030 and 2031 seconds. They also own the Clippers 2025 second.

Surely one of those will be attached to Reddish.

Might as well trade both 2025s.

No matter what iteration the team has, those picks won’t have an opportunity to do much of anything.

Might as well trade both 2025s.

No matter what iteration the team has, those picks won’t have an opportunity to do much of anything.
One is enough to get off Reddish, Hayes or Wood.

It would take like three, maybe four to get off Vincent.

“The Supporting Big Man Championship Formula”

Bob McAdoo - Center
Mychal Thompson - Center
Horace Grant - PF/C
Robert Horry - PF
Samaki Walker - PF/C
Andrew Bynum - Center
Lamar Odom - PF
Javale McGee - Center
Dwight Howard - Center

Does Pelinka know his Lakers history or is he trying to be a lame conformist and “fit in” with small ball whilst other teams are trying to copy the Lakers’ blueprint that has led the franchise to 17 world titles.

Is Pelinka an idiot and a follower or is he a leader?

The average Lakers fan needs to ask themselves this question repeatedly in order to realize how far away this team is from being a legitimate championship contender, contrary to what Rob said the other day when he stated this team is currently championship-caliber

No way I’m falling for the bs that Pelinka feeds to the fans. And no way I am giving this organization a single penny til they sign a legitimate starting center to help AD.

Ain’t paid for Lakers tickets or purchased Lakers gear since the 2019-2020 season and proud of it too.

Jeanie and Rob, get your act right or else you will be known as the worst California NBA team for the next decade!

Last edited:
Does Pelinka know his Lakers history or is he trying to be a lame conformist and “fit in” with small ball whilst other teams are trying to copy the Lakers’ blueprint that has led the franchise to 17 world titles.
Pelinka:
A. Knows Laker history.
B. Trying to be a lame conformist... with small ball.
C. Hasn't found what he feels is a quality deal for a traditional big.

I think it's 100% A & C, not B.

Pelinka:
A. Knows Laker history.
B. Trying to be a lame conformist... with small ball.
C. Hasn't found what he feels is a quality deal for a traditional big.

I think it's 100% A & C, not B.
I sure hope so

So if it ain’t B, tell me………where the hell is the new center who’s supposedly going to play alongside AD?

You mean to tell me he hasn’t found the right deal for a center for the last two years running? That’s called an excuse and a lack of creative vision in managing the team’s money, player contracts, and roster to maximize a supposedly championship level squad with Bron and AD.

This team ain’t had a legit center next to AD since Marc Gasol and Drummond

Dude tried to get cheap and de-value the role by experimenting with Thomas Bryant, Montrez Harrell, Damian Jones on a team that’s been built to WIN NOW since 2020.

He has No More Excuses. Deliver and Execute. This season. This summer. So you give yet another new squad with a new coach plenty of time to gel during the preseason and early season to set yourselves up for a SOLID playoff run. That’s how you prepare to win. Look what BOS did last year when they acted quickly to get 7-foot-3 Kristaps Porzingis (who would’ve been vital for them had they played MIN or DEN in the Finals) and Jrue the moment they saw the opportunity. No hesitation.

And now they’re the champs.

Last edited:
Yea it makes no sense why they would be looking for more guards. Obviously jj is looking to play a lot of 5 out. The team is going to get killed on the boards regardless.

You could sell me on Grant, maybe being positional versatility on defense and less focus on offense will restore some of the feeling on defense.
But you will never sell me on Cam Johnson or DFS.

Kuz you could sell me on defense. Not on offense though.

They have to cut enough salary in order to even offer the tMLE. And I think that caps them at the first apron. So they really need to make a deal and send out more contracts/money than their taking back, before they look at using that. Which they will likely have to incentivize.

Grant fits better with Bron/AD than any of those other targets. If it wasn't POR, deal would've probably been done by now 🤷‍♂️

They have to cut enough salary in order to even offer the tMLE. And I think that caps them at the first apron. So they really need to make a deal and send out more contracts/money than their taking back, before they look at using that. Which they will likely have to incentivize.

Grant fits better with Bron/AD than any of those other targets. If it wasn't POR, deal would've probably been done by now 🤷‍♂️
TPMLE ($5M) hardcaps you at the second apron while the NTMLE hardcaps ($12M) at the first apron.

*profanity* I miss Dr. Buss. :frown:
He'd figure out all this 1st apron, MLE, 2nd apron, TPMLE, 1st blouse, Bird rights, 2nd blouse, vet minimum, baggy jeans confusion.

Back
Top Bottom