**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Save us Elon Musk :lol:

Wonder is Lauren has floated the idea of buying the lakers to bezos >D

646cc99ca739dc001809031f

Again, all of this is mighty ridiculous to me…

1718052746694.png

So basically while in the middle of UCONN negotiations, Hurley finds out that the Lakers are interested and decides to meet with the Lakers… because he’s been their top coach all this time, despite them having interviewed other candidates and being linked to JJ all summer.

But non of this matters because the Lakers lowballed him because they failed to pay him more than other proven championship level nba coaches and we should all be embarrassed about this.

Y’all got it.

Hmm… off the top of my head and in no particular order.

-Horrible bball teams towards the end of Kobe’s tenure
- Coach B Scott
- DLo vs Swaggy
- That moment post game celebrating a win (yall remember Kobe reaction on Kimell)
- Kobe rape charge (yes I know it was serious accusation)
- Magic HIV announcement (again serious, but imagine best player…someone who I believe is the goat btw…having to retire because of the self inflicted situation)
- Pringles over Phil and how that went down
- Kaman taking a nap on the bench
- Big Game James being arrested before a game for soliciting a prostitute
- Jeanie Buss playboy shoot
- Kobe calling every radio station and tv begging for a trade
- Anything Robert Sacre
- Kobe Shaq feud
- Chris Childs vs Kobe
- Magic kissing Zeke before games
- How thirsty the fan base was for LaMarcus Aldridge (A Levine wearing the jersey 😂)
-That one year someone on the team thought it was a good idea to wear those short *** shorts when they had the throwback jerseys (I think 60th year but not sure)

And I probably can make a longer list of more “embarrassing” moments than what happened today if I started to look some things up.

Again, all of this is mighty ridiculous to me…

1718052746694.png

So basically while in the middle of UCONN negotiations, Hurley finds out that the Lakers are interested and decides to meet with the Lakers… because he’s been their top coach all this time, despite them having interviewed other candidates and being linked to JJ all summer.

But non of this matters because the Lakers lowballed him because they failed to pay him more than other proven championship level nba coaches and we should all be embarrassed about this.

Y’all got it.
Also met with UK after Cal left, and their offer was $12.5mil (higher than our offer).
This is egg on the face, bro. 😬🙃

I see Contrarian Gritty at it again :lol:

Bro, it’s not a good look. The whole sports world number one story is “Hurley spurns/rejects/(enter adjective here) the Lakers”

We can’t close the deal like we used to with prime Shaq, prime Phil, prime Kobe free agency, etc.

Since Buss died, we managed to get past his prime Lebron (albeit still great) because he wanted to live in LA and had limited options, got some bum coaches, and Lebron helped us with AD

We’ve seen the status of the franchise decline, you have to admit that

We’re like America. “Greatest country in the world” until you look at statistics on eduction, healthcare, crime, gun violence, incarcerations, environmental issues etc

I see Contrarian Gritty at it again :lol:

Bro, it’s not a good look. The whole sports world number one story is “Hurley spurns/rejects/(enter adjective here) the Lakers”
I think the number one story on First Take this morning was not the Celtics take a 2-0 lead over the Mavs in the NBA finals but rather a 10 minute segment on how Lebron unfollowed Perk on social media… biggest name in sports will become the biggest topic in this pathetic culture of sports media - how shocking!

The Lakers offer being rejected is not a good look… that’s a reasonable take something I’d agree with. But “omg this is so embarrassing” … why didn’t they just give the dude a 100 million (which reeks of desperation btw, and that’s something teams like the Pistons need to do to lure coaches) is pretty extreme and ridiculous when you think about it.

Typical overreaction that we’re becoming all to used to these days

lakers were getting clowned no matter what happened :lol:

overpay for a college coach = L
lose out for offering decent money = L

the reported numbers are fair in today's coaching market, IMO. ya'll are just in your feelings
Yep.

Another example, last year’s WCF… can anyone tell me the average margin of victory? I think you can probably do the same for this year’s series against Denver. Every single game for the most part, very competitive w/ the Lakers having opportunities in just about all of them to win. At the end of every game, damn we were right there if such and such makes this shot or it this play went differently we could’ve won.

And later after the series end in 4-0 or 4-1… same tired, typical reaction- damn this is so embarrassing! Makes no sense 😂

Lakers potential deals always on front street and never get done lol. If its in the news as pending, it aint happening.

Back
Top Bottom