**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Weren't you suggesting that D'Lo could come off the bench in one of your scenarios?

He wasn't drafted with the intention of being a bench guy. I said I'd trade him when PG comes aboard, I posed the question to the D'Lo stans where he would fit in should that happen if we end up taking Lonzo.

Weren't you suggesting that D'Lo could come off the bench in one of your scenarios?

He wasn't drafted with the intention of being a bench guy. I said I'd trade him when PG comes aboard, I posed the question to the D'Lo stans where he would fit in should that happen if we end up taking Lonzo.

Pretty easy, he stays at the 2. Paul George hasn't been a 2 since Lamar Odom was a Laker.

wait when has d'lo been an above average defender [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Around average.

This was coming into March. Then everyone's numbers tanked when it was only young guys playing, and less to no Moz & Deng

View media item 2463967

Last edited:
so is he average or above average?

i feel like all this JJ talk is smoke.

Last edited:
Is rob pelinka sus? Is dat man gay?
is you ? 

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't envy Magic and Pelinka at all, having to choose between the hometown kid that could potentially ignite this team with shooting/playmaking or the do-it-all athletic swingman the league is all about these days. And that's not even including Fox, who is a mix of both.

The more I think about it, the more I doubt myself. I can talk myself into any of the prospects above (along with DSjr), just as quickly as I can point out their flaws and talk myself out of it

This **** is hard. I got faith in Ryan West tho. I'm confident that whoever the choice is, it'll be the right one.

9 days.

Last edited:
The draft is such a crapshoot

I wish we could go back and read all the stuff from previous drafts and compare those talks to how well the players turned out.

I know when I've casually watched the draft in the past the commentators speak as if they have all the answers.  Come to find out the re-drafts done years later are DRASTICALLY different than the actual order.

Sometimes its better to have the 4th pick or 5th pick in a draft like this bc you'll just take whomever is left and not overthink the situation - especially in a draft like that where 1-6 can all go top 3.

The draft is such a crapshoot

I wish we could go back and read all the stuff from previous drafts and compare those talks to how well the players turned out.

I know when I've casually watched the draft in the past the commentators speak as if they have all the answers.  Come to find out the re-drafts done years later are DRASTICALLY different than the actual order.

Sometimes its better to have the 4th pick or 5th pick in a draft like this bc you'll just take whomever is left and not overthink the situation - especially in a draft like that where 1-6 can all go top 3.
Nothing but facts here. That's why I don't buy when analysts say "it's too much of a reach to draft Player A here". Trust your scouting and analysis and draft the player that you feel is the best. Talking heads will always talk.

Thinking of doing Barneys for the draft next week if any of you LA cats are interested.

Back
Top Bottom