**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Serious question, what do people see as Lonzo Balls ceiling?  To me he reminds me a little of Shaun Livingston prior to dislocating his knee.

Yea I think he'll have another one.

I just don't know what Jackson is supposed to do at an elite level.

I don't see it.
Elite athlete, good defender.  If he can create for himself then he should a better overall player if he reaches his potential
That's the thing, I don't see an elite athlete. I think he's a good athlete with a great motor. 

I have been impressed with his some of his ball handling and shot creation, but he really isn't a smooth player (especially for a wing) and maybe that's throwing me off.

Serious question, what do people see as Lonzo Balls ceiling?  To me he reminds me a little of Shaun Livingston prior to dislocating his knee.
Bingo or he could be Dante Exum 
Neither of them shoot the 3 like Lonzo.

If they did, they'd be way more valuable.

thought jkidd was his ceiling

That's the thing, I don't see an elite athlete. I think he's a good athlete with a great motor. 

I have been impressed with his some of his ball handling and shot creation, but he really isn't a smooth player (especially for a wing) and maybe that's throwing me off.

I mean that was college Lonzo 3 in the NBA is gon be hard to get off....

Kidd is the guy he's compared to most, but he's not has fast on the break as Kidd was imo, and I don't think he'll be as good a defender as Kidd was. 

thought jkidd was his ceiling

I mean that was college Lonzo 3 in the NBA is gon be hard to get off....
I really don't see this being a problem. 

It's a strange form but it's actually quick and he already shoots from well beyond NBA 3.

My concern with him would be his ball handling and being able to create space (or drive) off the dribble. Once he gets space the jumper is fine.

JJ is mkg at worst and iggy at best...he's not worth the pick...fox isn't the one either

I mean, putting his ceiling as one of the greatest point guards of all time is a little unreasonable is it not? And Kidd was a great defender so I don't know if I see that comparison.

I know a lot of people don't have an issue with his shot, but my main concern is how he brings it all the way across his body. It is always going to carry his body one way which will make it difficult getting moves off both ways.

If Lonzo don't get a 2nd look does that mean anything to you guys?
It depends. If Fox or another top prospect gets multiple workouts and Lonzo doesn't I would say it wouldn't bode well for him. If Jackson is the only one who gets two workouts I wouldn't make much of it. From what I understand Jackson's first workout in Sacramento was more of a like a pro day where his team controlled the workout and the Lakers front office just watched. The Lakers brought him in today so they could have him do drills they wanted to see.

Hey Lakeshow fam. New to this part of the forum. Don't know if this has been brought up yet, so here goes.

Would you trade D'Angelo Russell to the 76ers for the 3rd pick in this years draft?

It would give us the chance to get a stud PG in Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz and a multi-dimensional wing in Josh Jackson.

In turn, this would let D'Angelo Russell, who the 76ers were interested two years ago, play with his high school teammate Ben Simmons.

Thoughts?

Hey Lakeshow fam. New to this part of the forum. Don't know if this has been brought up yet, so here goes.

Would you trade D'Angelo Russell to the 76ers for the 3rd pick in this years draft?

It would give us the chance to get a stud PG in Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz and a multi-dimensional wing in Josh Jackson.

In turn, this would let D'Angelo Russell, who the 76ers were interested two years ago, play with his high school teammate Ben Simmons.

Thoughts?

No.

What's the point? Russell has performed, and performed well. You're crapshooting everything by trading him for another pick in the draft.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Welcome. I like the way you think by the way. 

Thoughts?

I'd do that in a heart beat, but Philly won't do it.

Back
Top Bottom