**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

One thing to talk crap on a sneaker message board, but I’m not going to their social media pages to disrespect a player or their family because they’re playing bad… it’s never that serious, and I personally find it to be 1000% wack.

These guys are human too and there’s only so much that you can take before it starts to wear on you. Beas probably let the noise get to him and couldn’t wait to get out of town. Maybe that’s just a part of the “lights” that come with playing in LA in this social media era but I’m not a fan.

I do feel like most of the Laker fans are great, best in the biz and these bums that do this stuff are just a small but vocal minority.

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's the world we live in. Look at the Bulls with Krause's widow. :frown:

The true problem with social media.

It gives idiots a platform to let the world know they are idiots.

I have never once in my life thought about going to an athletes page to talk about them...and we got idiots that go to thier families SM pages to do it.

Only been blocked by Steve Blake.

Apparently I wasn’t much of a fan.

But commenting on a wife’s page or whoever is awful.

For those that didn't know, Malik's grandpa was an actor. He played the Rock's dad in Walking Tall and was on a tv show with young Chris Pratt.

636187133029433753-XXX-ZX17432-d-walking-tall-mov-02_1483156095582_7506381_ver1.0.jpg

Anyway. Hawks willing to throw in Capela with Murray.

There’s a 6 players to 3 players way to make it work
And a 5 to 3.

AR, Gabe, Prince, JHS, Reddish, Hayes for Murray, Cappella and Garrison Matthews

Or

AR, Rui, JHS, Hayes, Reddish for Murray, Cappella and Matthews

Any DLo trade is likely DOA for the Hawks. And AR + DLo is an awful trade.

Last edited:
I've been told, in this thread, fans have zero impact on teams decisions etc.

That right there is proof that's dead wrong.

Loud fans absolutely influence stuff, good and bad. :frown:

Danny Green was after he missed the 3 in a 3-1 series. :lol: :smh:
We won in 6 instead of 5 and guy was getting harassed.

Nah, the bright lights and pressure off playing next to LeBron gets to every single shooter. Can't blame the fans for you not doing your job.

Anyway. Hawks willing to throw in Capela with Murray.

There’s a 6 players to 3 players way to make it work
And a 5 to 3.

AR, Gabe, Prince, JHS, Reddish, Hayes for Murray, Cappella and Garrison Matthews

Or

AR, Rui, JHS, Hayes, Reddish for Murray, Cappella and Matthews

Any DLo trade is likely DOA for the Hawks. And AR + DLo is an awful trade.
I like it. The 2nd one.

Murray, Capela, and Matthews for those pieces is a deal.

Then we can move DLo and a pick to Chicago for Caruso, PWilliams.

Murray / Mays / Gabe
Caruso / Christie / Matthews
Bron / Prince / Williams
AD / Vando
Capela / Wood / Castleton

Last edited:
If you can get Cappella with Murray you do it.

The bench is going to get shorter in the playoffs anyway.

Nah, the bright lights and pressure off playing next to LeBron gets to every single shooter. Can't blame the fans for you not doing your job.

I don't just mean people not shooting cuz mean tweets. I mean in total like fans screaming for coaching changes or trades etc. Orgs DO see that stuff. 100% they do.

6 for 3
5 for 3

Good grief

Could do a 4 for 3.

But an AR & DLo package makes a different issue. And like many teams, they won’t let Lakers get something without AR being in it.

But in the 6 for 3, the rotation is

DLo, Murray, Christie, Matthews as the guards
Bron, Rui, Vando, Wood as the forwards
AD, Cappella as the Centers.

And you hope there’s one more guard who makes it to the buyout market.

Last edited:
Indeed. Better to see if Cam Reddish can hit them......

Beasley been a known sniper for a long while. He had a rough couple months with us. Let him work thru it.

Cam Reddish......well, he tries. (We're talking about 8th-9th type guys on the roster, mind you)
I said nothing about any of that other stuff.

If I’m ATL why would I want to pair either Austin or DLo with the worst defensive guard (player?) in the league?

If I’m ATL why would I want to pair either Austin or DLo with the worst defensive guard (player?) in the league?

ATL takes whatever they can and best package for Murray to save face. If it’s the Lakers, they take it. Somebody else they take it.

My concern though about Murray is they traded a King’s Ransom for him and 18 months later, are reversing course. That should be concerning to the Lakers.

Dejounte Murray is just a flashy player. Not a winning player

The hawks are 8 games under .500. This thread used to say putting up numbers on a trash teams means nothing (Clarkson, Nick young, etc on the lakers), but now we clamor over Murray’s 20/5/5 on the lowly Hawks.

I don’t get it. I don’t get gutting the team for him. If we can get Capela and Bogey, sure. But I really think we’ll regret getting rid of AR when the game slows down in the playoffs and we need a proven creator on offense who can draw fouls, move the ball, take a charge, dive on the floor etc……intangibles

Lakers are going to have to rope in a third or even fourth team to get Murray. Otherwise, the Hawks can trade him elsewhere or hold onto him until the summer for a better trade.

ATL takes whatever they can and best package for Murray to save face.
There’s always the summer like pmatic pmatic mentioned… as toxic as the RW situation was from nearly the beginning they waited until the right deal presented itself and didn’t just rush to take any old offer. If the Lakers could wait with that situation I don’t see where the Hawks just absolutely have to get something done right away.

Any trade that could get them a starting SF, get Cam and Hayes out of LA.
Whilst not plundering DLo and AR into it. Is the way to go.

Also Drummond somehow.

Back
Top Bottom