**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

A couple of guys can't be traded until Jan 15th.

If they can pull Dejounte Murray and Cappella, I don't care who they trade. A legit 3rd scorer and a legit big would address a lot.

Can't double AD with Murray out there.

Had to go to bed early to be up super early for work this morning, so I just watched the replay right now.
Un*profanity*believable. 🤣😵‍💫
Down 5 @ the 8 minute mark.
Down 7 @ the 5 minute mark.
Down 11 @ the 3 minute mark.
😬🫠

Last night or this morning, have you said who's going to save us, lovehateself lovehateself ?

NT on mobile is an AWFUL experience.
i was on the samsung/android browser for years and everything was fine up until a month ago.

constant freezing, ads, slow, missing posts,etc

it was god awful

i switched to chrome browser and its a bit better. no freezing. no slow down. only problem is sometimes when you post it wont post everything you type. you could post a whole novel and it will sometimes just post 3 words out of your entire post 🤣

Don't really think Murray is the answer for this team, but idk.

Yeah I'm not saying he is the best fit.

I'm just a 100% hell no on Lavine. That contract is a hell no.

Murray or Mitchell but per usual we wouldn't have the assets for Mitchell but I think we could gey Murray.

You guys know who the new starting lineup should be now right?

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5.Dylan

1704565946814.jpeg

#SpitHotFiyah

Doing some preliminary reading on Windler, was a shooter coming out of college that rebounded like a power forward. Didn't realize he was 6'7, thought he was like 6'4.

I’m on the Drummond, Torrey Craig, DFS and Lonnie wave

Could trade for all 4 without including DLo, AR, TP, Bron, AD and Wood.

Dejounte’s defense has been suspect to say the least since joining ATL. And if the cost is AR & Rui. Might be a bit too rich.

This is going to kinda go all over the place...

I'm not completely with the "Fire the coach" crowd, but I keep forgetting that Budenholzer is available.
I would absolutely have a change in employee personnel if it meant Budenholzer at the helm.
I know the following doesn't matter to the "It's not the coach's fault!" crowd, but I'm not blaming Ham for this season, or last season. I just think Budenholzer moving forward is a better coach than Ham.

HOWEVA... going after Budenholzer wouldn't be my priority. Making a few moves that create a more complete roster would be my priority. Need a solid traditional big and a consistent deep threat.

After we fire Ham, Prince will be good, Cam Reddish will be good, DLo will be healthy, Rui will be healthy, Vincent will be healthy, Bron won't be 39 anymore, AD will continue ballin, and other teams will stop making 10 more 3's than us a night.
You never give a straight answer to this question so I don't even know why I'm asking for the millionth time:
What would you do to right the ship?

What are the problems? How would you address them?

Yo darthska darthska this made me think of the question you asked the other day…

Pt 1

Curry turnover down the stretch, also was 2/7 in the 4th quarter

Pt 2

NBA/Social media - omg rotations and coaching!! (Little to no mention of Curry choke job, but if he hit a game winner he’s elevated past guys like Kobe in the All Time ranking)

Feels like a lot of these discussions/arguments come down to how can I blame the guy I don’t like, while finding ways to shift blame from off my favorite players.

Absolutely.
Sports discussions aren't exempt from narrative-based opinions.

Those is going to kinda go all over the place...

I'm not completely with the "Fire the coach" crowd, but I keep forgetting that Budenholzer is available.
I would absolutely have a change in employee personnel if it meant Budenholzer at the helm.
I know the following doesn't matter to the "It's not the coach's fault!" crowd, but I'm not blaming Ham for this season, or last season. I just think Budenholzer moving forward is a better coach than Ham.

HOWEVA... going after Budenholzer wouldn't be my priority. Making a few moves that create a more complete roster would be my priority. Need a solid traditional big and a consistent deep threat.
I’ll stop clowning around for a minute and give a serious answer here.

One - Who knows if Bud is even trying to get back into coaching? Has he interviewed for any positions since being fired…is he even around the game in any capacity?
Two - Look at the Lakers recent track record with coaches…you can even go back as far as how Phil Jackson was treated with the pump fake and Pringles hire. Seems like the quality of candidates continues to get worse every time.
Three - Why would anyone with options want to step in this mess? Championship expectations with a Dollar Tree roster. AD is great, but an aging LeBron who may or may not even be here next season depending on what happens with Bronny. A rebuild is coming eventually, probably sooner than later.
Four - Any coach who replaces Ham, has to have an ideal of what they could do differently. Is the answer more DLo and Vando? Maybe if that’s the solution it’s not really getting you anywhere.
Five - Coaching stars ain’t easy, you think old *** Bud is a Bron/AD type coach? Especially if he’s serving up the same HAM sandwiches you got just rid of.

Trade all them 1st round picks for stars now. Not like they’ll actually pick ballers instead of scrubs

Back
Top Bottom