**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The Lakers snapped their 100-game losing streak vs the Clips this season. In that game, Ivica Zubac, who I've clowned the last three years saying the Clips won't win a chip cause their only big is Zubac, had only 7 pts and 9 rebs. Because LAL used 3-Big and 2-Big lineups vs the Clippers back in Nov, they were able to limit Zu's effectiveness and beat them in OT.

But...

Ever since the Lakers got rid of Dwight and Javale, Ivica Zubac has thrived against the Lakers overall.

I expect Zubac to have another solid big man game against the Lakers tonight and have a double-double since I expect Darvin NOT to use a 3-Big or 2-Big lineup tonight like he did in the Lakers win last time they faced.

Ivica Zubac vs Javale and Dwight from 2019-2020 (7 games) = 7.8 ppg, 5.2 reb per game, 0.5 blks per game

Ivica Zubac vs Lakers since 2021 (9 games) = 12.6 ppg, 11.4 rebs per game, 1.7 blks per game.

Crazy how much of an impact a Javale and Dwight made three years ago. Ever since the Lakers have put AD on Zubac exclusively, Zubac has DOUBLED HIS PRODUCTION and been a double double machine and is averaging almost 2 blocks a game with AD the PF guarding Zubac the True Center.

Meanwhile AD's production has DIPPED vs the Clippers the last 8 games without Javale and Dwight on the roster, averaging only 21 ppg and 9 reb per game. Hmm........

Try to figure that one out Laker fans LOL

Last edited:
It just seems like Rui will get heavy minutes one game and decreased minutes the next couple games. I know he's battled 2 injuries this season.

Or not just even focusing on just the raw minutes, but also the time of the game. It seems like sometimes he'll be in at crucial times, like the middle of the 4th or something, and then other times he'll start the second half and then not play again the rest of the game.
Just stating the obvious here but Rui is in a tough spot on this roster... He plays the same position as Lebron (who's minutes were supposed to go DOWN this year...yeah right lol) , competing for minutes w/ Vando, Prince, Wood, and Hayes.

Maybe one night the team might need Vando's defense more, or Wood's rebounding, or Prince's shooting, etc... or, because the season is a marathon lol maybe the understanding is Rui you're going to get the night off and Wood will play or vice versa.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 10.47.12 AM.jpeg

Who wants to bet Darvin Ham fails to watch these clips in their victory against the Clips on Nov. 1 therefore he forgets to go 3-Big against them tonight and loses the game

Giannis after team struggles... WE all have to do better, from coaches all the way down to the equipment manager.

Lebron after team struggles.... My son could EASILY play over some of the guys on this roster because y'all suck.

This season is hilarious.

Just stating the obvious here but Rui is in a tough spot on this roster... He plays the same position as Lebron (who's minutes were supposed to go DOWN this year...yeah right lol) , competing for minutes w/ Vando, Prince, Wood, and Hayes.

Maybe one night the team might need Vando's defense more, or Wood's rebounding, or Prince's shooting, etc... or, because the season is a marathon lol maybe the understanding is Rui you're going to get the night off and Wood will play or vice versa.
That makes total sense. I was just super excited when we got Rui. I've always loved him in Washington. Always thought he was a gamer being wasted in Washington, and I loved hearing how proud he was to put on a Laker jersey.

It's a business, though.

Giannis after team struggles... WE all have to do better, from coaches all the way down to the equipment manager.

Lebron after team struggles.... My son could EASILY play over some of the guys on this roster because y'all suck.

This season is hilarious.

Lebron been a problem all year...nobody likes to say it.

Poor defense, horrid turnovers and poor attitude.

He has had his moments where he carries us and you can't deny it, but over all he has been a problem as well.

That makes total sense. I was just super excited when we got Rui. I've always loved him in Washington. Always thought he was a gamer being wasted in Washington, and I loved hearing how proud he was to put on a Laker jersey.

It's a business, though.

I've said it a few times but Rui has some Horry in him. 4 point 4 boards type games Oct thru March and then come round 1 he starts puttin up 27/11 type games.

We use to bug out on Horry every (early) season but then would just expect him to be different come playoff time. He just had that in him.

I feel the same about Rui.

Roster needs an overhaul. This season is over time to build post-Bron even though he's still here. Don't think any of these guys sans AR are pieces going forward.

First order of business is to find a sidekick for AD.

It's a business, though.
Wouldn’t get too down if you’re a Rui fan, this team still needs him and feel pretty confident that he’s going to get his opportunity to shine.

Lebron been a problem all year...nobody likes to say it.

Poor defense, horrid turnovers and poor attitude.

He has had his moments where he carries us and you can't deny it, but over all he has been a problem as well.
I don’t mind saying it 🤣

First thing I notice after a loss… Did AD and Bron play well? Not coaching, not role players or timeouts… what did our DUDES do? And you have to watch the games, because they’re so good that they can put up stats that can fool you. Maybe AD had 30, but 17 of them came in the 1st qtr and 23 for the half… close game throughout and he only had 7 overall in the 2nd half. Bron can sleepwalk his way to 25 points… especially this season where he might get you 16-18 in the 4th alone. So basically for 3 quarters he’s just chilling in “facilitator mode”

I hate the blame game. I honestly can’t even be that mad at Bron he’s human. Imagine going from having battles against Kobe’s lakers or the KD/Curry super team to playing against the Cade Cunningham Pistons 😂… be like growing up in the era of Big and Pac and having someone trying to get you excited about a new Shawty Redd album. I’d love if he was locked in every night but I’m not expecting it… or maybe he’s playing at a high level but then runs out of gas. It’s the dilemma of an aging superstar, we saw a perfect example of this last week with Curry. He was awful down the stretch against the Nuggets and GS loss, he was much better down the stretch against Detroit and they won (and yeah I know the Pistons 😂 but still)

Some Lakers talk around Dejounte, DeRozan and LaVine.

Listened to it.

Sounds like Dejounte isn’t happening.
Lavine isn’t happening.

They suggested Lakers would want just DLo for DeRozan. But Duncan annd Hollinger ignore that they can’t do it because they need to unload an extra $5.5 mil with DLo.
I mean I guess they could do DLo, JHS and Hayes and the 2029 1st to get to that number.

But does it help? Because where does Rui play. Maybe they do both DLo and Rui but any DDR trade has to include Rui because it would just be a wasted and important roster spot at this point. DDR hasn’t played majority minutes at the 2 since 2017-18.
Or do they go Reaves/Cam/DDR/Bron/AD?
Still have a logjam in the forwards with Bron, DDR, Prince, Vando and Rui. And not being able to trade Vando and not playing him at all seems unlikely.

The end they talked about Caruso and LA just trying to offer the unprotected 2029 for Caruso and that may be the best pick they could get despite being a talented player who teams want. They didn’t seems to hint that the Bulls will get good players for him.

Soooo let’s get it moving Gabe, JHS, Reddish for Caruso and Drummond. 2029 First Unprotected. Add in 2 seconds for Drummond.

Not even wasting my time. Will check the thread before I go to sleep to see if I need to tape the replay.

Back
Top Bottom