**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

i was told a while ago that he was a sneaky stretch big

Gotta have a brain to know how to use him and Wood. Not that long ago when LAL was winning games because of and in large part to the 2-Big lineup with Wood/AD and AD/Hayes that was making a difference and the assistant coach stopped going to it.

Can't fix stupid tho, as they say.

Welp,

If they played like this last night they might win.

We might beat the the Hornets next week....

Might.

This game was always going to be a loss but much better effort tonight.

Maybe DLo has finally found a pulse and this team can get back to normal

Imperfect game. But staying in it almost all 48 minutes against a hot team without LeBron is as encouraging as last night was discouraging.

What a poorly coached basketball team.

Not exciting to watch at all.

Their boring, lackluster play and lack of energy and inconsistency are all signs of a team that ain't responding to the coach.

AD and AR are the only ones who make any kind of relevant impact on the floor amd they do so only cause of sheer talent and skill.

Rui, TP, Hayes, and Wood are all improperly utilized.

The lights are too bright for the assistant coach

What's the internet/social media upset about tonight?

Coaching, timeouts, rotations, shot selection, Lebron for not playing...lol it's always something

They really, really need to do something about the backup center minutes. It may only be 12-15 MPG, but it submarines the team.

Yeah. I really thought Wodd was going to be a great pick up...and Hayes is just trash.

Who is out there?

Funny folks keep thinking AD being the only true big on the floor 90-100% of the time is the formula to a Laker championship.

.500 basketball playing 1-Big 24-7. "If it's broken, don't fix it."
LOL

So the Lakers playing with "better effort" tonight compared to last night is supposed to be some sort of consolation prize? Lol

What kind of loser mentality is this

Screenshot_20231221_211121_X.jpg

Diminishing returns theory with AR >28 minutes with no Bron… so play Cam 38 minutes, Prince 36 minutes, DLo 38 minutes :lol:

get-out-film-no.gif

Think it, but don't say that out loud D'Angelo.

The full quote was asking about guys roles, and how to navigate it. Then it was a follow up if he knew his role on a night to night basis. His response was

“I have an idea. When you’re not making shots, and things like that it’s not relevant to our success. You know, we need guys who are going to make shoots. We need guys who are going to get stops. If I’m not making shots, I’m depending on me to get a stop. That’s where I work, that’s where I try to be better. But that’s not what I do. Doing that is an extra…. And that’s where my focus is. But knowing what I do, is something I know as well.”

3:15 mark

There was also another interesting quote when somebody asked that they are 30 games in, does it feel like they’re doing something new with all the injuries that they wouldn’t normally be doing 30 games in
He said “Every game….. We still haven’t even seen our post season lineup that we were successful with last year right? Remember that? We haven’t even gotten to that because of injuries and things like that. So every game feels like something new - a new start, figuring it out, okay, a new guy, new this.”

Last edited:
For context of the lineup stuff.
Lakers have 3 issues. (The order of importance is similar IMO)
1. Shooting from deep
2. Rebounding (Offensive rebounding in particular. 4th in DReb. 29th in OReb)
3. Back up big minutes

This is rebounding from the starting lineup this year versus the post deadline starting lineup (I included the Reaves in for Cam because then it gives an even better comparison.

This year:
IMG_5539.jpeg

In comparison of teams the current Lakers starting 5 would rank 30th in OReb%. 19th in DReb%. 28th in Reb%

Last year

IMG_5540.jpeg

OReb% 12th. DReb% 1st by 5.8%. Reb% 1st by 6.1%

That is a Monumental difference.
Say what you will about the limitations of Vando as the 3 on offense. But the defense and rebounding impact would be huge. (And plugging AR back in as well).

Back
Top Bottom