**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

After reading Buha's article I'm convinced he is on NT :lol:

Buha: "But until then, the Lakers’ best bet is continuing to play Davis at center, where most of his best moments in Los Angeles have come."

Me: "Care to wager?"

Lakers had been playing power forwards at the backup center position for what, almost two seasons it seems.

They def need to keep another center on the roster, and use a two big lineup when it makes sense against certain opponents… don’t really think any of us have been arguing otherwise.
Shouldn’t be their default approach tho.

Brosizzles depth chart

DLo/Vincent
Austin/Max
Lebron/Prince
AD/Rui/vando
Hayes/FA center

Either Vando or Rui racking up DNP’s when Bron and AD are both healthy

Brosizzles depth chart

DLo/Vincent
Austin/Max
Lebron/Prince
AD/Rui/vando
Hayes/FA center

Either Vando or Rui racking up DNP’s when Bron and AD are both healthy
You right on the money except that last part. Only one who gonna rack up consistent DNP's will be Reddish. Vando will get minutes at three different positions, depending on matchups. Rui will play 21-25 minutes per game primarily at backup PF, but he may also get a handful of minutes at SF depending on matchups.

Minutes in parentheses.

DLo (25) / Vincent (20) / Vando (3)

Austin (34) / Max (12) / Reddish (2)

Lebron (30) / Prince (14) / Rui (2) / Vando (2)

AD (24) / Rui (21) / Vando (3)

Hayes (20) / FA center (19) / AD (closing at center depending on matchup - 9)

Last edited:
Ah.

Didn’t see the Vando pg minutes 😂

But you still only have him at 8 mpg… so basically he won’t even be breaking a sweat in your rotation.

Interesting.

You right on the money except that last part. Only one who gonna rack up consistent DNP's will be Reddish. Vando will get minutes at three different positions, depending on matchups. Rui will play 21-25 minutes per game primarily at backup PF, but he may also get a handful of minutes at SF depending on matchups.

Minutes in parentheses.

DLo (25) / Vincent (20) / Vando (3)

Austin (34) / Max (12) / Reddish (2)

Lebron (30) / Prince (14) / Rui (2) / Vando (2)

AD (24) / Rui (21) / Vando (3)

Hayes (20) / FA center (19) / AD (closing at center depending on matchup - 9)

With LeBron and AD being older and injury-prone, I think the minutes situation will figure itself out. I fully expect LeBron and AD to miss 20-25 games each next season which will open up several hundred front court minutes for guys like Vando, Prince and Rui

D'Lo (26) / Vincent (22)
Reaves (30) / Christie (15) / D'Lo (3)
Vando (20) / Prince (18 ) / Rui (10)
LeBron (32) / Rui (18 )
AD (34) / Hayes (14)

Injuries happen, but this would be my 10 man rotation on a normal night.

With LeBron and AD being older and injury-prone, I think the minutes situation will figure itself out. I fully expect LeBron and AD to miss 20-25 games each next season which will open up several hundred front court minutes for guys like Vando, Prince and Rui
We all expect AD and Bron to play somewhere between 50-60 games and the depth of the roster allowing the team to stay afloat. But the minutes concern is for the majority of the season when everyone is active.

Hayes as a starting center is yuck. What teams next year specifically do you need to go big in order to match up with?

Hayes as a starting center is yuck. What teams next year specifically do you need to go big in order to match up with?
Only the ELITE and Top Playoff Contenders who are stacked with size and length lol

DEN - Jokic, AG, MPJ, DJ, Huff
BOS - Horford, Timelord, Porzingis, Kornet, Walsh
MIL - Giannis, Lopez Twins, Portis, Crowder
PHI - Embiid, Harris, Tucker, Harrell, Bamba
PHX - Ayton, KD, Bol Bol, Watanabe, Warren
MEM - Adams, Jackson Jr, Clarke, Tillman
SAC - Sabonis, Noel, Queta, Lyles, Barnes, Len
LAC - Zubac, Plumlee, Morris, Covington, Batum

I'm trying to win a championship, not the stinkin' regular season. I ain't eem worried about the teams where AD can play the 5 all day long - i.e., the Warriors, Knicks, Wizards, Magic, Hornets, etc.

Do we want AD getting physical with Embiid, Jokic, Adams, Ayton, Sabonis, Horford, and the Lopez Twins and leave him hung out to dry or do we want to preserve him and save him from the pounding?

I'll bet anybody here $200 that Hayes starts at center fot multiple games at any point during the season. Who's confident enough that Hayes is going to warm the bench like Jones and Bryant did? Lol

Screenshot_20230806_110801_X.jpg

#Rocketscience

Last edited:
If I could interject here. The Center market kind of stank in FA.

The only real misstep this off-season was probably JHS being the draft pick. (Not that he will be bad. But just probably not needed).
There was no reason to play the Will they / won’t they with DLo, and that’s what the JHS pick ended up feeling/looking like. And instead moved their view point to the 3 or 5 in the draft. Or traded the pick. But my guess is it wasn’t there trade wise or else Bamba or Beasley would have been traded instead of let go.

jaxson hayes is gonna end up right where damian jones is. with dnp's

then brosizzle will turn on him like he did damian jones.

then he'll start calling lebron james and taurean prince impact bigs
Put $$ on it. That's how confident I am in Hayes making an impact.

Did you see me putting money down on Jones and TB last year? Lol

Funny how no Lakers fan on this thread - ZERO, Zilch, Nada, Nobody - wants to bet me that Action Jaxson won't start and play solid minutes at center next to AD next season.

Ok, I'll make it easy then.

Who wants to bet $5?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I mean it’s a fool’s bet.

(I’m also not a betting man)

There’s 2 things
1. There’s no other Centers but AD, so of course he will get minutes barring any random trade.
2. AD could get injured. Bron could get injured. Half the team could catch the flu. Chris Kaman could hold all the seats on the bench hostage.

Too many variables to say it won’t happen briefly at some point.

I mean it’s a fool’s bet.

(I’m also not a betting man)

There’s 2 things
1. There’s no other Centers but AD, so of course he will get minutes barring any random trade.
2. AD could get injured. Bron could get injured. Half the team could catch the flu. Chris Kaman could hold all the seats on the bench hostage.

Too many variables to say it won’t happen briefly at some point.
Of course there's a lot of variables. That's why it's a bet. All bets carry with it unknown variables, that's why we place bets. If you only betting on a sure thing, then that's what you call a fool's bet. For example, a fool's bet is going against a bet that Usain Bolt wins the 100m final back during the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympics lol

But Jaxson Hayes starting is FAR from a sure thing yet nobody wanna bet me lol

Everyone keep saying Hayes is gonna be just like Damian Jones if not worse and that Hayes won't play significant minutes starting at center and that Hayes will be the 12th man just like Damian Jones.

Then why not put their money where their mouth is?

On that same token, Hayes could end up being a bust and get traded by February just like Thomas "No D" Bryant. But my money says Hayes' Lakers fate won't be the same as Jones and Bryant's.

Lastly, Hayes will start IMO even if AD is NOT injured. That's my point.

Last edited:
jaxson hayes is gonna end up right where damian jones is. with dnp's

then brosizzle will turn on him like he did damian jones.

then he'll start calling lebron james and taurean prince impact bigs
Saved for future reference. This quote finna be a receipt when the time comes

Back
Top Bottom