**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The back court “needs to be more dynamic” in large part because of who the forwards are / age of the forwards.
Nah, D'Lo and Reaves are just too slow and small in tandem. Lots of skill and craft, but not enough to overcome the athletic and physical differences they face against the top teams. This is why I didn't want them to start when the trade was finalized immediately but Beasley **** the bed enough to make the change warranted. Reaves impressed me in this run with his shotmaking and driving. D'Lo's offense just too up and down. Got away with it vs the Grizzlies and Warriors, took a beating vs the Nuggets guards.

I'd be willing to give them another year, but I know the outcome more often than not.

Exactly. D'lo/AR just aren't good enough with this version of Lebron because they have to carry. I was giving D'lo the benefit of the doubt but his playoff history is an obstacle. If he can't get it done with this roster it's not likely to improve. And then him getting targeted on defense doesn't help. Lavine was just an example. If anything like that was on the table I'd expect the Lakers to pull the trigger

We can also make the argument that any time LeBron became the primary ball handler and took the ball from DLo and Reaves it made everybody worse.

So maybe it might be they can’t get it done with this LeBron. Sure.

But then the answer would also be. Maybe that means not only should they shop DLo. But they should shop AR as well. Who can get what and who has more value

Or just tear the whole thing down. And anybody not named Max Christie (because he’s a project) should be traded.

(My position is DLo and AR could get it done. The bridge player between them and Bron/AD is the important piece)

I don't think AR is safe either. But I think he's higher on the list of priorities because he was better at his role. More or less outplayed KCP. D'lo was just roadkill on both ends. If it's a situation where they have to choose between them, I'd expect D'lo to be gone.

Running it back only makes sense if you're basically taking a gap year and planning to build around AD and the 24 free agent class going forward. But I'd expect them to take a bigger swing in Lebron's last year as long as it's not some crippling move

I’m running it back and making some trades at the deadline. We have a lot of ammo. AR is a prime candidate and Dlo puts up good regular season numbers. We can def upgrade.

I don’t think we can go into the playoffs with a similar roster to what we had this year though.

I’m running it back and making some trades at the deadline. We have a lot of ammo. AR is a prime candidate and Dlo puts up good regular season numbers. We can def upgrade.

I don’t think we can go into the playoffs with a similar roster to what we had this year though.

I don't know if we can pull that off again

bron been tryna not be the focal point for a while tho
this the first roster where it kinda got buy (ar mainly,)
anther 3 level scoring guard that is an ok passer would do dividends

keys been givin to AD for years but he return them every 3 games like Alamo lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Ube
Rob worked a miracle at the deadline, it's easier to get moves done in the off-season.

AR's starting salary should keep him safe. D'Lo and the rest should be shopped heavy.

If they ran it back this is a top 4 seed that's out in the semis. Not a bad team just not a championship ceiling
But running it back doesn’t mean it will be the same team come playoffs

We will run it back with caveat that we will put all our medium contract guys plus picks on trade block.

Rui
Dlo
Ar
Beasley
Bamba
2029 pick
Christie
17th pick

All on the block (some significantly less so than others of course)

Then you're doing the mid-season trade and hope to figure it out in the playoffs routine again which pretty much never works. I'm expecting an opportunity to present itself in the summer. If not then yea the run it back route would be an option

Reactions: MVP
If they ran it back this is a top 4 seed that's out in the semis. Not a bad team just not a championship ceiling
Here's what we need to do to slow down Jokic
Screenshot_20230523_193821_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom