**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

A Lebron led offense is what ultimately killed us. It'll be nice if DLo could snap out of it. I expect it in game 3 or 4.

He has been crashing and still only got 1 offensive board so might as well start playing transition defense to prevent the 20+ points we do doing that.
Bring in rebounders like Tristan Thompson or Gabriel, play them significant minutes, and you get either of them to crash the boards while the other 3-4 Lakers including AD leak out to play transition D.

Simple fix

Defense wasn’t the problem in game 2. It was our inability to take smart shots.

We held them below 110
Eye test > stats

Lakers' SIZE is the problem, inability to take smart shots in the last quarter notwithstanding. Defense can be even better if LA goes Big with TT and or WG. Trust me on this.

And like I said there ain't nobody there to make it harder on Jokic or any Nugget for that matter inside the paint.

Denver can get ANYTHING THEY WANT at any time. They prnetrate the lane at any time with minimal resistance by the Lakers.

If D ain't the problem explain how Bruce Brown is able to penetrate and attack the paint at will to provide Denver with multiple sparks off thr bench and impact the game the way he has so far.

If D ain't the problem, explain how Jamal Murray is able to score in the paint on drives AT WILL.

Bro Wenyen is doing nothing against Jokic :lol:
He not there to guard Joker. He there to help AD in the paint to rebound and provide length and energy.

We stick AD on Joker, Wenyen and Bron now become the weak side help to clean the glass and clog the paint.

Wenyen easily is a much better rebounder and interior player than Vando. Plus Wenyen gets offensive boards and garbage buckets. Vando doesn't.

Addirionally, WG should be playing more minutes than Vando

Laugh at this all you want but this series isn't going to shift in our favor until TRISTAN THOMPSON and/or Wenyen Gabriel see the floor
you dont watch the games huh? tristan played a minute in the second quarter to dispell ad from getting his third foul

ham is not gonna use him more than that

I do believe these first 2 games were going to be our best chances to steal a game on Denver and it really sucks cause they were right there in both games for the taking.

So frustrating.
would not be surprised if the lakers win 4 straight

also wouldnt be surprised if we get swept

lakers are king of blowing double digit leads but also king of coming back and falling short

Eye test > stats

Lakers' SIZE is the problem, inability to take smart shots in the last quarter notwithstanding. Defense can be even better if LA goes Big with TT and or WG. Trust me on this.

And like I said there ain't nobody there to make it harder on Jokic or any Nugget for that matter inside the paint.

Denver can get ANYTHING THEY WANT at any time. They prnetrate the lane at any time with minimal resistance by the Lakers.

If D ain't the problem explain how Bruce Brown is able to penetrate and attack the paint at will to provide Denver with multiple sparks off thr bench and impact the game the way he has so far.

If D ain't the problem, explain how Jamal Murray is able to score in the paint on drives AT WILL.

We're you even watching the same game?

Jamal was hitting incredible contested shots most of that 4th quarter.

With every post I'm convinced you don't know hoops at all and just have a weird big man fetish.

too bad we couldnt have gotten conley in the trade instead dangelo russell

we need a reliable third scorer and like kyle guzman, dangelo russell is not being that guy

With every post I'm convinced you don't know hoops at all and just have a weird big man fetish.
Bro is trippin :lol:

Murray was cooking our *** just hitting crazy stupid shots, he won’t get that lucky in LA 🤷‍♂️

this the WCF, its not going to be a cake walk

They gonna hit tough shots and go on runs, this is high level basketball.

We just gotta keep getting better, like Bron said you can see the incremental improvements from each game....and both GAMES were winnable/within grasp.

Crypto gone show out, believe that.

I placed dude on ignore months ago. Spamming the thread with big man nonsense.....

I used to have the “if only we…” disease after games. Use to keep me awake at night.

Sometimes you tip your cap to a team better built for this stage of playoffs. I understand one “if only we…” moments but when you can say that like 8 times a game, maybe you’re just not that good (we are still great but not “tHat” great).

Lebron is tired. Ad is tired. We have an undrafted player as our 3rd best player. - vet minimum player to play huge minutes and get us shots. A lottery “bust” in Rui.

Team has over achieved. Salute to their efforts. They are trying despite all that they still in both games. Proud of these guys. Oh and rookie coach. They get a standing ovation from me.

Next year. Load manage lebron. Get a center to help ad bang with bigger players. Flip D’lo Beasley Bamba for some real playoff players like how nuggets flipped Barton and Morris for Kcp.

I was at work so I missed the 1st half.

I may be two decades past my prime but give me a basketball and I'll knock down threes from where Curry shoots em 7 outta 10. Even at my old age. You'd be surprise.

You must've missed those black and white photos of me from the 90s that I posted on the nba thread like 2 years ago when I put up 25 against Dominguez HS. But I ain't a stats guy like most of the younger generation. It's the Eye test for me.

Impose your size, outwork the opponent inside the paint, attack the interior, win the rebound battle = win the series.

But you gotta play your bigs to accomplish this, especially when you playing the best center in the league at 7'0" surrounded by 6'9" and 6'10" athletes with an old Lebron James playing on a bum foot/ankle. So no, ain't no big man fetish.

How you think the Lakers dominated the Warriors. It wasn't cause they out shot them from deep. It's cause they imposed their will on the munchkins inside the paint with their size and strength.

Denver doing it to the Lakers now and the Lakers continue to sit their bigs and sure enough they down 0-2 cause they losing the paint battle which has allowed Denver to get hot from deep.

Ham is scared to play TT and WG more minutes cause he a rook and is afraid to take "risks" since those two haven't played much but it just goes to show you why LAL will likely fall in 5 games.

But like I said it's 🚀 science for a lot of folks and they'll never get it:lol:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DLF
I placed dude on ignore months ago. Spamming the thread with big man nonsense.....
Lol, nobody cares about you blocking me bro. Not everyone has to be cool like high school kids and agree with everybody.

I non-conform cause I got my own mind. You can go be buddy buddy and agree with all your NT virtual friends and I'll stay in my lane 😉

You still can't prove that AD has won a chip as the starting center of a Laker team cause when he won in 2020,guess what, Dwight or Javale was the startibg center.

I've been right the whole time. And now that we playing a BIGGER Team, Lakers are struggling.

My brother in Christ TT is not the answer to anything. Just cause you played with Stone Cold Steve Austin knee braces doesn't mean you're actually seeing the game for what is actually happening. The analysis is just ridiculous.

Just play the same way in game 3 except don’t take 10000 threes in the fourth. Let Reaves cook in pick and roll. Ad has to score more than 10 points.

It’s not rocket science

Back
Top Bottom