**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Better than those ridiculous trades that whip was throwing out there
roll.gif

I think he's laughing at the fact that someone that is valued as trash would get a superstar in return in a trade

I think he's laughing at the fact that someone that is valued as trash would get a superstar in return in a trade

Uhh if he's leaving I would think Bird would try and salvage something in return and not lose him for nothing.

I can see Boston offering their pick for PG and that is probably better than whatever we're willing to give up.

Indy will want BI + another core player + the pick if we keep it for PG

Plus Bird will want to help Ainge not us

This will be another underwhelming offseason

Last edited:
Pacers owner said he believes he can build a contender around pg. I doubt bird gives him up for anything less than a haul

Indy will want BI + another core player + the pick if we keep it for PG

Plus Bird will want to help Ainge not us

This will be another underwhelming offseason

A point I heard on the radio today: "Golden state will own the west for the next 3-5 years. Why blow up the core to be a .500 team that gets bounced in the first round? Continue to figure out what you have while getting more young talent and make moves once the time is right"

I agree with that. No point in making any trades.

We can't rebuild in one off season.

I'd honestly rather wait til PG is a free agent and take our shot then. I think the young guys have showed enough flashes to see if this unit improves more and it's not like we become a contender to beat the Warriors any time soon if he joins this team minus whatever it would take to get him.

edit- basically was just said before me but yeah, Dubs are gonna be too good for the next few years and we're not taking down that team anytime soon so let's let this play out a little :lol:

Last edited:
Ingram (assuming he can hit a 3 pointer and FT going forward)
Russell
Randle
Zubac
Nance Jr.
Nwaba
Clarkson
Black

From hardest to replicate to easiest to replicate in terms of our prospects.... You don't give up any of those first 4 under any circumstance that is realistically available.

Because even if you get a legit All Star, the ability to create a team with what it would cost for Paul George would basically cap the potential of the team anyway, and long term they will suffer. Staying put, and letting him come to us, allows us depth and ability to not have to worry about filling BIG roles without any money.

The only way to win a title with Paul George, is to let him come to us and keep the core together. Provides you with space, depth, and growth to make a real contender at the right moment in time.

Last edited:
Right.
And I've said before, none of this matters since GS has the west on lock for many years to come

However, it's interesting all the positive talk about BI after the exit interviews from Rob. You didn't hear much of that about the rest of the youngsters.

My guess is BI is safe and the rest are likely candidates to be d'angled in trade packages

Ain't nobody trying to keep Randle here beyond next year regardless.

No thanks.

Even for all his defensive prowess. Offensively makes Tony Allen look like Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams.

Randle was the right pick in 2014. As was Russell in 2015. And Ingram in 2016.

Last edited:
He's hit some shots this year man [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Don't he need an elite defender and jack of all trades I'm thinking like Shane Battier

Dirty work. Put him on all the elite guys and his D'lo and the weaker G.

Would you want him if we didn't give up Randle?

I was a huge Smart fan coming out of college tbh.

I mean it all depends. But Nwaba with reps is fine with me.

I wouldn't trade Russell, Ingram for anyone available . Would only trade Randle for a clear cut better prospect.

Last edited:
I'd love nothing more than for Magic to get this top 3 pick, throw in the Houston pick, and let that be the roster with Moz and Deng.

DLo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Zu

Top 3
Nwaba
Hou Pick
Nance
Moz

Deng

Let that roster cook in 2018, then bring in Paul George after the year, and then if you feel you need to flip one of the kids for another star to pair with George, go for it. But see what you have first.

Also, Deng-Moz will have cut their contracts in half by then, lil easier to deal at that point.

Back
Top Bottom