**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

blplm7lz4qta1.jpg

The fact that they were pick swaps make the trade even better. There's a good chance we keep all of the picks that were eligible to be swapped.

We def WON the AD trade. We won the trade when we got the Chip. Now looking at how the draft compensation is working out. Not only have we won but it was a Steal.
Too bad we couldn’t make better decisions with the picks we had left over but eh…
BI is BI. Good player that prob won’t make an all nba team or an all star game except maybe 1 or 2 random ones on a down year.

Balls career is over. Hart has been passed around like one of Genos latinas

Hunter is overpaid
Daniels seems ok for now we will see

One more pick left. If lakers do it right that pick shouldn’t be better than a 17th pick or so.

Not bad for a generational talent…who at the very very least we can flip again to recoup picks etc (not saying we should)

If they retain all/most their free agents this year would they have a max slot when Bron's deal is up?
All depends on the contracts given this summer.

And if it matters, AD's contract is up at the same time as Bron's. Believe their contracts are up at the same time as the new tv contract will be rewarded, but there won't be a giant cap spike like in 2016.

Who’s Dlo gonna guard? Gonna be interesting what Darvin does

He can’t guard Bane or Ja, so we’ll need his offense to offset the Grizzlies guards a little bit

Who’s Dlo gonna guard? Gonna be interesting what Darvin does

He can’t guard Bane or Ja, so we’ll need his offense to offset the Grizzlies guards a little bit
If the Grizz start Tillman, probably Brooks? If they start Kennard, then Kennard.

Yeah I think the Lakers developed one of the best defenses in the league and a league average offense since the deadline w/ LBJ missing a ton of those games (plus others in and out) because of cheerleading and motivation.

Biggest concern is Vando screwing up the offense.

I’ll use watching the Memphis-Timberwolves series from last year three times….

Memphis exploited DLo last year in the playoffs because of the lineups the Timberwolves had. They put Bane on DLo and their entire plan was to keep him from having any control or flow. Whatever Ant or KAT did was fine because they at that time don’t control the flow of a game. Ant was inexperienced and like JJJ, KAT can take himself out of a game better than anybody. By spearheading DLo out of the game, they had nobody else to make you pay.

After DLo the rotation was Pat Bev, Vando, Beasley.

When you have guys who can’t score or make plays like Pat Bev and Vando, or shooters like Beasley and Prince not coming up big it made it so easy to divide and conquer.

Don’t see the Grizzles focusing too much energy on DLo like they did last year. And DLo’s struggle was inside the 3 in last years playoffs, where he’s a much better player this year than last.

If they do look to pressure DLo 30 feet out like Ant did. Move him off ball, put Reaves as the ball handler. Or LeBron and get DLo moving to get open.

But finally, to tie the bow on all of this in regards to guys who can’t score…. they need Vando to be an active cutter. Get a put back. Make an open 3. Get running in transition. The more easy buckets Vando makes, the more likely the Lakers will win.
Like if Vando somehow gets 8-10 points, all of which would all be on plays not designed for him, Lakers odds of winning are probably high.

Denis needs to stop wearing those Puma fusion nitro’s. Weartesters did a YouTube review on those and specifically talked about how they lead to ankle rolls.

MVP MVP gotta send the video to Denis

Kobe played his last game on this day, 6 years ago. I was there in person to witness it. It was my first Laker game. I paid $1300 to see the GOAT

I was also there.

I paid 150.

3 days before he announced he was retiring, I looked up the last game and they had a few single seats in the 100 section for face value.

Pulled the trigger.

Had offers up to 3k for my seat....

Back
Top Bottom