**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Even Portland radio is cackling right now. Guess Yahoo wrote some article about us having the dumbest victory in history or some ****

2017, and 2019 picks, so we can have one extra win, in April. This franchise is beyond ******ed. :stoneface: :smh:

:smh: relax.

I'm getting ready mentally for us not keeping the pick
Telling myself I expected 28 wins going into the season anyway
Welp

Even Portland radio is cackling right now. Guess Yahoo wrote some article about us having the dumbest victory in history or some ****

2017, and 2019 picks, so we can have one extra win, in April. This franchise is beyond ******ed. :stoneface: :smh:

:smh: relax.

I am relaxed. Still a completely stupid franchise for winning these games late with so much at stake.

Hey, we don't need a top 3 pick, or our pick in 2019, we have Steve Nash from 2013. :lol: :smh:

I mean I've been on team tank this year earlier than anybody and this is the first time we've actually tried to bottom out. They're doing the best they can. Just unfortunate the Wolves collapsed and Memphis was missing half its team.

I am relaxed. Still a completely stupid franchise for winning these games late with so much at stake.

Hey, we don't need a top 3 pick, or our pick in 2019, we have Steve Nash from 2013. :lol: :smh:

The franchise isn't stupid at all.

It's a lottery.

Somebody posted the stats from the past 10 lotteries.

Looking at that data, you got a better shot at moving up from the 3rd spot than 2nd.

We made shots, Grizz missed shots. Really don't know what you want them to do.

Yea you can't call a franchise stupid when its been clear they have been openly trying to tank. No one could see the Suns flagrant tanking coming. Its hard to have improvement from the young team and not expect a win here or there.

i'm legitimately curious as to what some of you would have done differently to ensure some of these losses? :lol:

like lou will said before, none of these guys are trying to actively tank, it's their livelihood on the line. that draft pick is just going to take their roster spot.

tyler ******* ennis was out there making big plays. :lol:

our guys made plays, the grizz couldn't make anything. what can you do.

If we keep our pick and slip to 3, assuming Fultz and Ball go 1 and 2 would Fox be in that running at 3? The way he worked Ball in that last game was impressive.

I love Fox but there's no way I'm passing on JJ.

JJ the 2nd best player in the draft.

Last edited:
i'm legitimately curious as to what some of you would have done differently to ensure some of these losses? :lol:

They were down 15 to the Wolves, and fought back to win. Why? What that win doin for us?

I get Memphis was a bit tougher to pull off, but the Minnesota game? Piece of cake.

The Suns win? Boy, I bet some of you gonna want that one back pretty soon. :lol:

Gonna be interesting to see the reaction when the Celtics get the #1 pick, the Suns (our division) get the #2, and the 76ers get the 3rd, and 4th picks.

And we came back to beat Minnesota with two and a half weeks left in the regular season so now we can have 22-23 wins instead of 21. That's our lottery prize.

And hey, we lose our 2019 pick too, no big there either I guess. :lol:

I was fine fighting for wins in November-December, once it was clear we were done, I am not ok with pushing for W's in late March-April. Hell, no.

Last edited:
They aren't pushing for Ws though. We've had the worst record in the league since the AS break. We can't control what the other teams do or put out as well.

They were down 15 to the Wolves, and fought back to win. Why? What that win doin for us?

I get Memphis was a bit tougher to pull off, but the Minnesota game? Piece of cake.

The Suns win? Boy, I bet some of you gonna want that one back pretty soon. :lol:

Gonna be interesting to see the reaction when the Celtics get the #1 pick, the Suns (our division) get the #2, and the 76ers get the 3rd, and 4th picks.

And we came back to beat Minnesota with two and a half weeks left in the regular season so now we can have 22-23 wins instead of 21. That's our lottery prize.

And hey, we lose our 2019 pick too, no big there either I guess. :lol:

I was fine fighting for wins in November-December, once it was clear we were done, I am not ok with pushing for W's in late March-April. Hell, no.

We all understand what is on the line. We aren't dumb.

But what did you want them to do differently? The Minny went cold to finish that game and JC and Russ couldn't miss.

I mean unless you want those guys to purposely miss shots, there is nothing they can do to avoid those 2 wins.

you didn't answer my question.

what would you have done differently? sit a hot DLo/clarkson?

Yes. Metta World Peace, Point Guard.

Luol Deng in street Clothes, Center.

Corey Brewer, backup PG.

I would have already shut Clarkson down really, we've seen what he can do, this is his 3rd full season, no more effort needed from him at this point. I get needing to see more of DLo, Randle, even Nance/Ingram, but not Clarkson.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Silver owes us a solid for CP3 still, and we're covered, that's great, but I'm not willing to risk it. Hell no.

Yeah thet twolves game is going to come back and hurt us and I got a feeling that we are not done winning either
mean.gif

you didn't answer my question.

what would you have done differently? sit a hot DLo/clarkson?

Yes. Metta World Peace, Point Guard.

Luol Deng in street Clothes, Center.

Corey Brewer, backup PG.

I would have already shut Clarkson down really, we've seen what he can do, this is his 3rd full season, no more effort needed from him at this point. I get needing to see more of DLo, Randle, even Nance/Ingram, but not Clarkson.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Silver owes us a solid for CP3 still, and we're covered, that's great, but I'm not willing to risk it. Hell no.

C'mon CP. :lol:

Let the chips fall.

I suppose you can designate Ingram as a SG. It would likely help Ingram on offense and defense from in a way; he would have the length advantage nearly 100% of the time (hell he has that at SF now) and strength disadvantages would be lessened.

Back
Top Bottom