**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I mean its not just that simple…

867386E3-55CD-4D6E-8F51-826FC6989497.jpeg

Lakers Film Room is an excellent pod about Lakers basketball that focuses more on the actual playcalling, sub patterns, trends of the team etc etc. They did a great job highlighting how although AD can be more aggressive & get shots up, In the first Chicago game they ran TWO plays for AD the entire game. For years this Lakers team has treated AD like he's Kawhi or KD or something, like he should be left on an island to just create in small spaces & it's a waste of his abilities.

It's great that he can get that going on certain nights but that should be the response not the first attack.

It's crazy how people expect AD to drop 35 every night regardless if he's being triple teamed. And then when he does go off it's crickets until the next bad game and then he's not a center, can't carry the team etc

Noted Celtic lover Chris Mannix picked us to win the West this morning..... 🤔
Season ends right now, we're beating OKC in our 9/10 game. Then NO wins the 7/8 game with Minny, so we play Minny and we'd beat them.

So Pels 7, we're 8. That would be a 1st round matchup with Denver.

I like that. Not saying we'd win, but I like it. Then if we were to shock the world and out them out, it's tough to say who'd be next up in the bracket because the West has been so crazy this year, but the only team that really worry me is the Suns because they have the main 2 that got them to the Finals a couple years ago and their offense is so fluid. They still got Cliff Paul, though, so that works in our favor, and I've never thought DBook was Him.

It's crazy how people expect AD to drop 35 every night regardless if he's being triple teamed. And then when he does go off it's crickets until the next bad game and then he's not a center, can't carry the team etc

I just want him to play 65+ games and take 18+ shots. And make clutch FTs. That’s it

I think we get more bench lineups of:
AD & Reaves
Bron & Dlo.

I think 2 of the 4 (1 of Bron/AD & 1 of Dlo/Reaves) should always be on the court.

Man I feel you a full season with this roster would be glorious… but at Lebrons age you just never know. Barely made it healthy to the postseason this year as is… gotta make it count now cuz tomorrow ain’t guaranteed
I fully believe that a lot of the games Lebron missed this year were because there was a genuine injury... and we were trash juice. And now we're good, but we're looking up at 8 or 9 teams EVERY NIGHT.

I'm not saying faking injuries. I'm saying legit injuries... that he would play through if we were a top 4 seed, or maybe miss time, but not a week. Couple days and back in.

I'm positive we'll come out looking good next season, damn sure better than 0-5 and 2-10, and then I'm positive he'll miss less games despite being older.

AD on the other hand...

Lakers Film Room is an excellent pod about Lakers basketball that focuses more on the actual playcalling, sub patterns, trends of the team etc etc. They did a great job highlighting how although AD can be more aggressive & get shots up, In the first Chicago game they ran TWO plays for AD the entire game. For years this Lakers team has treated AD like he's Kawhi or KD or something, like he should be left on an island to just create in small spaces & it's a waste of his abilities.

It's great that he can get that going on certain nights but that should be the response not the first attack.
Sure I listen to LFR all the time, it’s a good podcast in general for the things that you mentioned. I don’t remember which one episode it was but someone also brought up the fact that the guards are mostly looking to score more than pass when they get AD involved in ball screen action… I think that was something that 0 was good for was at least thinking pass first in those situations.

Anyhow, as long as AD is active on both ends tonight the Lakers have a good chance to pull this one out. Would be nice to have a D Lo revenge game as well

I think we get more bench lineups of:
AD & Reaves
Bron & Dlo.

I think 2 of the 4 (1 of Bron/AD & 1 of Dlo/Reaves) should always be on the court.
hopefully bron talked to him about sitting all of his best players at the same time. somebody gotta talk some sense into thst man and his madness

my defensive matchups for the Lakers:

Gobert - AD
KAT - Lebron
McDaniels - Reaves
ANT - Vando
Conley - Dlo

Minnesota will match up like this:
AD - Gobert
Lebron - McDaniels
Vando - KAT
Reaves - Conley
Dlo - ANT

Reaves gotta take advantage of the Conley matchup.

Back
Top Bottom