**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Oooh that hurts. **** the wizards. Always developing our young talent :lol:

Don’t we have an extra roster spot?
Ya the Lakers have an open spot.

Huff looked awesome in summer league, but the speed of real NBA talent made him look out of place in pre-season.

I get what you're saying but what is the alternative? Trade LeBron and AD for a bunch of draft picks down the line and just tank for the next couple of years? New Orleans owns our pick in either 24 or 25 so there's no point in tanking in either of those seasons.

Running it back with LeBron and AD isn't ideal but we don't really have much of a choice
And the 24 draft is supposed to be trash.
Imagine going ballistic when the Lakers win their 14th game in April because it hurts their chances to draft Anthony Bennett IV

I get what you're saying but what is the alternative? Trade LeBron and AD for a bunch of draft picks down the line and just tank for the next couple of years? New Orleans owns our pick in either 24 or 25 so there's no point in tanking in either of those seasons.

Running it back with LeBron and AD isn't ideal but we don't really have much of a choice

Doesn't have to be just trade picks. AD can bring back some young talent, possibly an all star and a pick out 2. We're absolutely stuck with Bron though.

We're literally just running on a treadmill in purgatory right now with 2 max salary guys who are bottom line unreliable health wise. Perineal play in team and for what? Bron ain't going to do us the favor and retire or ask for a trade. Future HOFers get traded all the time look at KD, Harden, Russ, Kyrie, etc.

I did the other day

2023- 25 games
2022 - 22 games
2021 - 27 games

They played 59 together in 2020

Even if you have ideal roster construction, this isn't something that is sustainable and conducive to being a winning team. Even before Russ came in 2021 we were a play in team cause they missed too much time. You aren't going to be a serious contender being in the bottom half of the conference every season cause your stars can't stay on the floor.
I’ve said it many many many times to laughter.

This is lebron from here on out. Ad also.

Time to put them out of their misery.

None of those players were traded for hey, we’ll get better by trading them.
It was a demand out, demand out, locker room menace and culture killer, locker room menace and culture killer.

Sign Isaac Bonga and get revenge on the Wizards!!

Him and Dennis

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

which one of yall gonna sacrifice to the gods for a healthy season next season? :lol:

pass on kyrie. only take him if they're able to retain vando and beas lol

Look what you see below. We sad cuz JAY HUFF got taken from us. I mean, we so locked into what Bron and AD do, when they out, we left with "Boy I wish we had Jay Huff around....."

My idea would be same as what everyone wants from us. Why did everyone want our 27-29 picks? Because by the time we got there, we wouldn't be any good anymore. Well, why not do that to someone else? You think Dame and AD gon be Blazers in 2027? 2029? Those picks would be prime, and it's not even about cashing them, you could trade those in 2025-26 etc if a Tatum came available, or a Luka, or Ja (if he's not jailed by then) etc.
I'm suggesting trading AD in 4 months, you could get Sharpe (a 19 year old), a Top 10 pick from Portland this year, and their 25-27-29 picks. KD just went for 4 first rounders, Gobert went for 4, trade AD now before he breaks down for good. If Bron wants to stay, then keep him for the final year or two, if he also agrees to be dealt, then go ahead, he's going to be 40, no harm there. (Do right by him tho, don't trade him anywhere he doesn't agree to go)

Oooh that hurts. **** the wizards. Always developing our young talent :lol:

Don’t we have an extra roster spot?

And the 24 draft is supposed to be trash.
Imagine going ballistic when the Lakers win their 14th game in April because it hurts their chances to draft Anthony Bennett IV

The 24 Draft is "supposed" to be trash. :lol:

Maybe, but they'll still have many years on their odometers, unlike the guys you rackin up DNP's with, so it's worth the risk. They can't be any worse than Jay Huff, right?

The 24 Draft is "supposed" to be trash. :lol:

Maybe, but they'll still have many years on their odometers, unlike the guys you rackin up DNP's with, so it's worth the risk. They can't be any worse than Jay Huff, right?
No it's not worth the risk :lol:. That's the point. Can't tank this year because you don't control your pick and Bron wasn't eligible to be traded. Not worth tanking next year. Can't tank the year after because you don't control your pick. So how are you tanking? What are we talking about

Doesn't have to be just trade picks. AD can bring back some young talent, possibly an all star and a pick out 2. We're absolutely stuck with Bron though.

We're literally just running on a treadmill in purgatory right now with 2 max salary guys who are bottom line unreliable health wise. Perineal play in team and for what? Bron ain't going to do us the favor and retire or ask for a trade. Future HOFers get traded all the time look at KD, Harden, Russ, Kyrie, etc.
4 Locker room cancers ,2 of which only have titles cause they played w/ the 2 of greatest players of the current generation. Bad example :lol:

The trade LeBron & AD crowd sounding like some Jan 6 capital stormers :lol:

Who are these imaginary Iron men MVP caliber athletes we are getting to Replce Bron & AD? These are the current games played for stars around the league

Devin Booker - 35
Kawhi Leonard - 37
PG - 47
KAT - 21
Steph - 38
Jimmy - 47
Beal - 39
Dame - 48
Ja - 51
Zion- 29
BI - 27
KD - 39

We could do this for days, ya'll in here acting as if Trading AD & Bron somehow shields us from players getting injured. We wouldn't get near the amount of production they give us & we would be sitting on a bunch of picks striking out in FA for years again.

No it's not worth the risk :lol:. That's the point. Can't tank this year because you don't control your pick and Bron wasn't eligible to be traded. Not worth tanking next year. Can't tank the year after because you don't control your pick. So how are you tanking? What are we talking about
bronny 2024 eligible

Who are these imaginary Iron men MVP caliber athletes we are getting to Replce Bron & AD? These are the current games played for stars around the league

Devin Booker - 35
Kawhi Leonard - 37
PG - 47
KAT - 21
Steph - 38
Jimmy - 47
Beal - 39
Dame - 48
Ja - 51
Zion- 29
BI - 27
KD - 39

We could do this for days, ya'll in here acting as if Trading AD & Bron somehow shields us from players getting injured. We wouldn't get near the amount of production they give us & we would be sitting on a bunch of picks striking out in FA for years again.
luka 53
embiid 48
jaylen brown 50
giannis 49

Who said to tank? I haven't said that. I said acquire multiple first round picks for a broken down AD. Similar to what the Jazz or Nets got for Gobert/KD.

(maybe 2029?)

Then we have our pick this year, which will be Top 10ish (us or NO pick) And we'll control the rest of our picks outside of 2027 and one more to NO. As well as clear salary out on top of it. We could be back to multiple max slots within 2 years. With multiple picks available and some young guys already in house.

We wouldn't get near the amount of production they give us

Yes, the DNP's in must win games to get us out of 13th place will be hard to replicate.......

These two are so great, so elite, we're in 13th ****ing place. HOW COULD WE EVER REPLACE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reactions: DLF
Probably in 13th place because they gutted the team for Russ moreso than injuries.

Injuries Didn’t help. But that’s the catalyst they’re more than the injuries.

Back
Top Bottom