**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

All of them are likely to be Lakers next year.

Beasley has a $16mil team option
Vando is under contract for $4mil
Bamba under contract for $10mil

DLo is a FA. But the likelihood he’s not a Laker next year are the slimmest of slim.
Some team would have to offer him a max for that to happen.
nice.

funny dennis got humbled really quick when nobody wanted him after turning down the lakers extension.

didnt he demand to be a starter the first time we traded for him or was that someone else?
Not demand per say, more like he expected to be the starter.

I swear if he didn't say that he was gonna come off the bench that season.

Screenshot_20230216_201012.jpg

You see him potentially as the best player on a championship contender?
This is my bad. I should have asked how you meant 1A because I didn't take it as best player. I took it as being the 1A PG on a contender.

I should have asked a clarifying question instead of just disagreeing.

My fault.

Yeah Wolves are going to drop a ton of games between now and when KAT gets back.

114 is the PPG average this year.

Let’s say Ant gets 35 a game while KAT isn’t there.
They need to get 80 PPG from Mike Conley, Jaden McDaniels, Kyle Anderson, Rudy Gobert, Jordan McLaughlin, Taurean Prince, Naz Reid and Austin Rivers. (It may happen by chance from time to time, but woof at having to do this for a month plus).

And when KAT comes back. They’ll still need 60 PPG + from pretty much guys who can’t handle that capacity. It’s still a tall task.

Last edited:
This is my bad. I should have asked how you meant 1A because I didn't take it as best player. I took it as being the 1A PG on a contender.

I should have asked a clarifying question instead of just disagreeing.

My fault.

All G brotha! I could clarify more next time as well. FWIW I definitely think he can be the starting point guard for a contender

Last edited:
People can have their jokes but I like DHam's ability to communicate with players. Most coaches would approach these dudes like "Uhh well uhh" all nervous and awkward tryna have tough conversations.

Communication and gaining his players’ respect is part of his strong suit. Most of his criticism is on his tactical side and warranted, granted he finally made a great adjustment.

Yea but I can see potential in Ham to get past his own tactical stupidity. You can get learn and get better as a tactician & coach. But not so much people skills. That’s a natural thing hard to acquire.

Beasley and D Lo should be starting … think they will be the ones to benefit the most from playing along side Bron and AD.
Beasley and D Lo should be starting … think they will be the ones to benefit the most from playing along side Bron and AD.

As far as the 5th starter, that’s a tough one. Vandy has the defensive ability to guard wings, but offensively seems like his shooting deficiency will force AD out on the perimeter…so if Bron (or AD) are up to defending wings then just start Bamba. If Ham isn’t going to stagger AD/Lebron minutes well you can end up with a second unit of Dennis/Austin/Lonnie/Rui/Vandy which looks pretty good IMO

Why trade for a guy who’s such an elite volume 3pt shooter just to bring him off the bench?

I agree that the D’lo , Beasley backcourt is trash defensively, but if ham starts Vando I think that’s minimized by a lot… him & AD helping & rotating should make for a league average defense at best… Offensively tho, Bron & AD with two high volume good 3pt shooters is to good to pass up.

Y’all were on point. I wanted to start Reaves but Beasley’s high volume 3 point shooting is exactly what we needed.

On a side note, Vando is the exact wing defender this team had been desperately searching for. We needed someone for the BI/Kawhi/KD big wing defender role so badly.

I also wanted to give a shoutout to how Troy Brown Jr has been playing lately. Between him, Rui, Vando & Bamba we got some real size.

Y’all were on point. I wanted to start Reaves but Beasley’s high volume 3 point shooting is exactly what we needed.

On a side note, Vando is the exact wing defender this team had been desperately searching for. We needed someone for the BI/Kawhi/KD big wing defender role so badly.

I also wanted to give a shoutout to how Troy Brown Jr has been playing lately. Between him, Rui, Vando & Bamba we got some real size.
💯 appreciate it bro

Yea TBJ has played to well to be losing minutes. He's looking like a legit defender on the perimeter & is finding confidence in his 3 ball

Back
Top Bottom