**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They could try and move D'Lo draft night. I know Philly is dying to get him.

For what.

They no longer have the assets that would make it worth while...

At some point they definitely did have that package of picks that would make you think. But right now only Boston has that

And the only guys with names that are surefire all stars and are available are Jimmy Butler & Paul George... Trading prospects for Paul George unless Moz or Deng go out is stupid. (At least then you can justify not waiting because it would give us greater flexibility in 2017/18/19)

And Jimmy Butler's value based on contract and future super max extension that the Bulls can give him is so big that not only can you not include Deng or Moz... You're going to be trading most of what we do have, and starting back from a weird point that doesn't have much safety.

Last edited:
Everybody got their own "core".

One person likes a player and wants him to stay and grow, the other hates him and we should trade him now.

For what.

They no longer have the assets that would make it worth while...

At some point they definitely did have that package of picks that would make you think. But right now only Boston has that

And the only guys with names that are surefire all stars and are available are Jimmy Butler & Paul George... Trading prospects for Paul George unless Moz or Deng go out is stupid. (At least then you can justify not waiting because it would give us greater flexibility in 2017/18/19)

And Jimmy Butler's value based on contract and future super max extension that the Bulls can give him is so big that not only can you not include Deng or Moz... You're going to be trading most of what we do have, and starting back from a weird point that doesn't have much safety.
For one of their other 2 top 10 picks. Grab one of Jackson/Tatum/Markenen

Last edited:
For one of their other 2 top 10 picks. 

Why would they give that up if D Lo sucks and they'll most likely have a top 5 pick that can yield them a PG who isn't slow with eyebrow slits?

I still don't understand the whole he sucks... please give us something of great value for him tho...

Last edited:
For one of their other 2 top 10 picks. 

They currently don't have 2 top 10 picks...

They have ours if it's 4th or worse... And a swap with Kings if they have a better pick than the Sixers (They won't catch the Kings, unless the Kings make a lottery leap)..

Last edited:
Why would they give that up if D Lo sucks and they'll most likely have a top 5 pick that can yield them a PG who isn't slow with eyebrow slits?

I still don't understand the whole he sucks... please give us something of great value for him tho...
I never said he sucks. They wanted him before the 2015 draft. I imagine if Ball and Fultz are gone, they would prefer him to a Fox or Smith Jr. Especially since he's already played in the league and has showed flashes. All depends on where they end up falling in the draft though. Him and Simmons played together as well. 

I don't think any of these guys have their peak value to be traded.

Of the core:

Ingram is untouchable I think
Russell may be able to get a late lottery pick
Randle may be the guy that can fetch a mid to late 1st rounder

Everyone else is valueless when it comes to getting another pick

Last edited:
I don't think any of these guys have their peak value to be traded.

Of the core:

Ingram is untouchable I think
Russell may be able to get a late lottery pick
Randle may be the guy that can fetch a mid to late 1st rounder

Everyone else is valueless when it comes to getting another pick
You can def get a top 10 pick for D'Lo. Maybe top 5. 

Is a GM saying.... "You know who we need is that D'Angelo Russell, he's fantastic."

You have to LOVE a player to give up a top pick.

I just can't see that

Is a GM saying.... "You know who we need is that D'Angelo Russell, he's fantastic."

I just can't see that
You'd be surprised. He's basically still in his rookie season according to everyone and has to deal with insurmountable odds and the deck stacked against him, yet has showed flashes and put up stats that rival some of the best guards of all time. I'm sure there's at least a few teams out there that figure they can make him reach his full potential if they just get him in their system. 

I just can't see that
You'd be surprised. He's basically still in his rookie season according to everyone and has to deal with insurmountable odds and the deck stacked against him, yet has showed flashes and put up stats that rival some of the best guards of all time. I'm sure there's at least a few teams out there that figure they can make him reach his full potential if they just get him in their system. 

:lol: Dawg

You really think they're giving up a top 10 pick for a dude that most of the league calls immature and still has to grow up?

This is the the problem with some of us. We make up these stories in our head then when they don't happen we get disappointed.

Trading Russell for anything less than another top 3 in this draft only. Is going backwards by a lot. Trading him for future picks is a disaster

Even then, you could be running the risk of going backwards as well with a top 3.

But no way in hell is Russell getting anything in the Top 8. Unless you're stacking a lot on top of him. Even Ingram wouldn't fetch a Top 3. Probably barely a Top 5.

Last edited:
Trading Russell for anything less than another top 3 in this draft only. Is going backwards by a lot.

Even then, you could be running the risk of going backwards as well with a top 3.
No it's not. Tatum/Jackson/Smith Jr. have just as much of a ceiling as D'Lo does. Maybe even Fox considering his quickness. 

Last edited:

Mamba :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
I'd say trading a 3rd year guy for a rookie is going backwards. Then you have to deal with all the bust talk and trade proposals all over again

Maybe with Smith Jr. He's had some of the same talkin regards to some of the attitude issues. But the rest really haven't had that. D'Lo is just getting done with his rookie year anyway and is going to have to learn a new position, we'll be fine.

But even if they decide to keep him this season, if they can bring in PG13, he'll be the odd man out anyway.

Last edited:
i don't think this core works and I think Magic isn't patient enough to wait 2 more years.

Jordan, Julius and maybe Zubac are going to be casualties to that.

The Los Angeles DLo's Thread.
For someone y'all hate so much and want gone he sure does stay on your lips and keystrokes everyday.
Who are the real DLo stans around here :lol:

You guys can't help yourselves :lol:

i don't think this core works and I think Magic isn't patient enough to wait 2 more years.

Jordan, Julius and maybe Zubac are going to be casualties to that.

Julius will really have to show us that jump shot come next year too
I think Zu can be retained fairly cheap

Keeping the guys isn't the tough part, it's parting with deals to Moz and deng

Back
Top Bottom