**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This pick will be the highest upside of anyone on the roster (unless it's Jackson), so if they keep it, it's not being traded. The pieces currently on the team though will likely be on the chopping block seeing as they said they're going to be aggressive. It makes sense to consolidate at least two of them just for minutes and fit purposes. Which players those will actually be is a mystery at this point depending on who you ask. 

Man what? None of this makes any sense. Meet me on Crenshaw and imperial. Come alone

I understand both sides of the argument. Am really curious what Magic and Pelinka decide if the Lakers are fortunate enough to keep the pick.
What sensible deal is out there if you're trading a package involving the pick & pieces of the core?

I think yall should hold on to it.
Looking at the landscape of the NBA, it's really only Paul George and Jimmy Butler out there. All the other players drafted from the 2009-2011 drafts are locked up besides Blake Griffin (sneaky option this summer?).

So yeah, not sure what a top 3 pick and a combo of our kids can net back.

Word I agree. The only problem is having like ten players younger than 25 on the roster. They're gunna be really ****** again next year.

But, the idea of pairing Fultz with Dlo or Ball with Dlo is too intriguing to pass up. I wouldn't do the trade. Especially if the only legit targets are Jimmy Butler & Paul George.
That's exactly how i see it.

This pick will be the highest upside of anyone on the roster (unless it's Jackson), so if they keep it, it's not being traded. The pieces currently on the team though will likely be on the chopping block seeing as they said they're going to be aggressive. It makes sense to consolidate at least two of them just for minutes and fit purposes. Which players those will actually be is a mystery at this point depending on who you ask. 

Who are you drafting that's a bad fit & will cut DLo/ingram/Randal's mins?

The top of the draft are filled with guards and having multiple playmakers on the perimeter has never been a bad thing. The only issue is when that playmaker can ONLY play on the ball b/c he can't shoot.

D'Lo can play either guard spot, as can Fultz & Ball. Monk is a 2. I doubt all 3 of those guys are off the board if by the time LA picks.

Looking at the landscape of the NBA, it's really only Paul George and Jimmy Butler out there. All the other players drafted from the 2009-2011 drafts are locked up besides Blake Griffin (sneaky option this summer?).

So yeah, not sure what a top 3 pick and a combo of our kids can net back.

Yea I love both of those guys but I don't think they're leading you anywhere. You're still talking about several years before you get back to doing anything significant. I'd rather let the youngn's grow.

Last edited:
That's exactly how i see it.
Who are you drafting that's a bad fit & will cut DLo/ingram/Randal's mins?

The top of the draft are filled with guards and having multiple playmakers on the perimeter has never been a bad thing. The only issue is when that playmaker can ONLY play on the ball b/c he can't shoot.

D'Lo can play either guard spot, as can Fultz & Ball. Monk is a 2. I doubt all 3 of those guys are off the board if by the time LA picks.

Yea I love both of those guys but I don't think they're leading you anywhere. I'd rather let the youngn's grow.
Draft another guard, you cutting into some of D'Lo's minutes potentially and definitely Clarkson. The new pick is going to get pretty high usage (esp if it's Ball or Fultz). They also have another pick at 27 and are going to need minutes for that guy. It's just hard to develop 8 young guys at the same time. It's never really happened where they all get the adequate amount of minutes. You got Zu who def needs more time on the court and I don't know if they can justify not playing Mosgov and Deng at all when they're making 18 and 17 mil respectively. And that's all assuming they stand pat this summer and don't chase any free agents. One of Clarkson or Randle may very well be the odd man out. 

If I had my way I want: 

Zu/Mosgov

Nance/Deng/Black (just for next season)

BI/Brewer

D'Lo/#27 (Shooter)

Fultz or Ball/Clarkson

And fill out the team with another wing defender (Nwaba) and maybe one more big. 

Last edited:
"Potentially" cutting D'Lo's mins? Why can't they play together in the scenario I stated?

And are we genuinely concerned about cutting Clarkson's & the #27 pick's mins? :lol: you have several high & low first rounders throughout the rotation as it is.

Aren't you stretching 1 of Deng & Moz this offseason?

Don't see why the other can't be relegated to garbage time. Magic/Pelinka didn't sign either of them so there shouldn't be any pressure there.

I think the Lakers will use the stretch provision on Mozgov
Deng will probably be stuck with us until his contract runs out unless he lets us restructure his contract or a team wants to trade for him

"Potentially" cutting D'Lo's mins? Why can't they play together in the scenario I stated?

And are we genuinely concerned about cutting Clarkson's & the #27 pick's mins? :lol: you have several high & low first rounders throughout the rotation as it is.

Don't see why the other can't be relegated to garbage time. Magic/Pelinka didn't sign either of them so there shouldn't be any pressure there.

Fultz/Ball can play together with D'Lo. I'm not disputing that, it's more of a usage thing. We can't stretch Deng or Mosgov yet I don't believe.

I'd prefer not to cut JC's minutes as he's perfect for the 6th man role. As for the 27th pick it's more of we don't have any shooting as is and for the team to be really effective and show some real strides either D'Lo and BI have to make significant jumps in that area or we'll have to play that dude at least some to keep the defense honest.

I think the Lakers will use the stretch provision on Mozgov
Deng will probably be stuck with us until his contract runs out unless he lets us restructure his contract or a team wants to trade for him

They won't use the stretch this upcoming season, there's no point. Would be dumb af to trade two of Russell/Randle/Ingram/Clarkson to open up minutes for an 18 year old who doesn't even play the same position and a late first rounder. Especially when a guy like ball is hella low usage and fultz is better off the ball than on it at this point

Last edited:

Fultz/Ball can play together with D'Lo. I'm not disputing that, it's more of a usage thing. We can't stretch Deng or Mosgov yet I don't believe.

I'd prefer not to cut JC's minutes as he's perfect for the 6th man role. As for the 27th pick it's more of we don't have any shooting as is and for the team to be really effective and show some real strides either D'Lo and BI have to make significant jumps in that area or we'll have to play that dude at least some to keep the defense honest.

In todays league, several of the top teams have multiple playmakers on the perimeter w/ no issues. You play Dlo & the top 5 pick 30+ mins & they'll get ample opportunities.

As far as stretching, Deng exceeds the 15% but Moz doesn't. But you don't really have to since you're not really going to be using the space. Inconsequential either way.

And as far as JC, I'm not trading assets that have a higher ceiling than him in an effort to preserve his mins. That's a ridiculous notion.

As far as your shooting concerns, but both Ball/Fultz have range, and you can still pick up this shooter at 27.

Dlo to the bench what?¿? He ain't the one to make people around him better is the message they are sending to him

i think it's more likely just Luke experimenting by putting guys in different roles to maybe evaluate going forward. 

i think it's more likely just Luke experimenting by putting guys in different roles to maybe evaluate going forward. 

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Draft another guard, you cutting into some of D'Lo's minutes potentially and definitely Clarkson. The new pick is going to get pretty high usage (esp if it's Ball or Fultz). They also have another pick at 27 and are going to need minutes for that guy. It's just hard to develop 8 young guys at the same time. It's never really happened where they all get the adequate amount of minutes. You got Zu who def needs more time on the court and I don't know if they can justify not playing Mosgov and Deng at all when they're making 18 and 17 mil respectively. And that's all assuming they stand pat this summer and don't chase any free agents. One of Clarkson or Randle may very well be the odd man out. 

If I had my way I want: 

Zu/Mosgov
Nance/Deng/Black (just for next season)
BI/Brewer
D'Lo/#27 (Shooter)
Fultz or Ball/Clarkson

And fill out the team with another wing defender (Nwaba) and maybe one more big. 

Clarkson's minutes? He can still come off the bench and do his empty stat thing if not oh well.

Mark Medina [emoji]10004[/emoji] @MarkG_Medina
Russell brought up idea of playing w/ Clarkson w/ roles reversed. Clarkson would be ball handler, while Russell plays off ball

This would make more sense. I've been itching to see them run together all year. The past two years actually

Back
Top Bottom