**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Y'all freak out so easily when DLo becomes koolaid in my veins for a game
One bad game for every 5 good to very good games right now? I will take it.

We'll see. This has been a really soft part of the schedule. Mostly playoff teams from here on out. We'll see how he finishes out this month cause Magic is watching.

You guys want to rehash the same old arguments.. In the words of Doc Holliday in Tombstone "I'm your huckleberry."

Nobody is arguing. You just pull out the same cape every time somebody says something remotely critical of D'Lo.

Magic wants Lonzo Ball. You can see it

Lakers are tanking proactively, you can tell from management/coaching moves and decisions

This doesn't mean players are missing FTs and turning the ball over because they're trying to lose on purpose

Only team I've ever seen actively overboard on the tank to the point where it looked like the players were in on it too was Golden State when they tanked for Harrison Barnes.

But anytime you start a new starting unit or play guys with people they don't usually play with, play bad lineup combinations, etc... That's active tanking.

Last edited:
Just for fun since I like stirring the pot.

Jah-19.9/8.2/1.5 on 53% shooting in games where he's played more than 30 min in his career so far (33.5 mpg-33 games) ORTG-106, DRTG-110, USG%-27.2, TS%-.563

D'Lo-18.2/4.2/4.7 on 42% shooting in games over 30 minutes in his career (33.2 mpg-52 games). ORTG-102, DRTG-113, USG%-26.6, TS%-.528

So maybe just maybe Jah just needs more of an opporunity. And to get out of Philly as soon as possible. Not giving up on him at all.

Last edited:
Y'all freak out so easily when DLo becomes koolaid in my veins for a game
One bad game for every 5 good to very good games right now? I will take it.

We'll see. This has been a really soft part of the schedule. Mostly playoff teams from here on out. We'll see how he finishes out this month cause Magic is watching.
I would hope for more consistent play that's for sure.
Granted, I don't think DLo is our "franchise" guy but he's going to be in our team for quite a while as a No.2 or No.3 option. Currently he's our number one option on offense, which is something that will guarantee us to lose a lot of games. Not really his fault as a player though, just more of the genetic makeup of this team where we lack playmakers.

You guys want to rehash the same old arguments.. In the words of Doc Holliday in Tombstone "I'm your huckleberry."

Nobody is arguing. You just pull out the same cape every time somebody says something remotely critical of D'Lo.

We just had a we should have drafted Okafor comment.... Jahlil Okafor... A # 3 pick so bad, that they would have gotten less for him than they got for Noel who returned a Top 18 protected 1st.

It's called providing the objectivity. You can go through the posts for the past 2 seasons from me saying exactly what Russell needs to do, needs to fix. There's been plenty. But on the other side, there's been plenty that show he's a really good NBA talent.

We seem to go around in circles in discussions because there is a complete lack of even giving a damn about being consistent. Just look at the difference between how the anti-DLo camp analyzes Brandon Ingram (yourself included), or how you look at Devin Booker. Some of you at least be consistent.

Did Russell have a bad game tonight? Absolutely. End of story. Everybody has those. He's been pretty damn good for over a month.

But instead we get... Jahlil Okafor scored 23, like he hasn't been glued to a bench for full games for a month, and they desperately tried to trade him until they realized no team was offering a first round pick. And is only now playing because the Sixers are resting Simmons & Embiid for the season, and had to trade somebody, and Noel was the only guy available with even the minuscule amount of value he had.

Jah-19.9/8.2/1.5 on 53% shooting in games where he's played more than 30 min in his career so far (33.5 mpg-33 games) ORTG-106, DRTG-110, USG%-27.2, TS%-.563

D'Lo-18.2/4.2/4.7 on 42% shooting in games over 30 minutes in his career (33.2 mpg-52 games). ORTG-102, DRTG-113, USG%-26.6, TS%-.528

So maybe just maybe Jah just needs more of an opporunity. Not giving up on him at all.

Let's have this fun then....

You just compared a Center to a PG in Shooting %...... Which is statistical analysis error.

But moving on......

Jahlil is supposed to be a polished offensive player. Supposed to be a 20 PPG on a nightly basis and that was the floor... I'm glad Russell actually is as good offensively as someone with a polished offensive game.

Also DRTG is the entire lineup of the team on the floor... Philadelphia has been a better defense than us for the past 2 years by about 4 points per 100 possessions.

Let's have more fun.... Russell is 23rd Real Plus Minus among PGs (89 qualified).... Okafor is 69th, out of 69 centers (Nice! By the way)

Granted, I don't think DLo is our "franchise" guy but he's going to be in our team for quite a while as a No.2 or No.3 option.

Currently he's our number one option on offense, which is something that will guarantee us to lose a lot of games. Not really his fault as a player though, just more of the genetic makeup of this team where we lack playmakers.

Don't think you need to be the # 1 Option to be a Franchise player, or be what makes the team go..

But that's exactly what I've been saying...

From 1/27 (Part of a longer post)

Everything for Russell will happen with experience and confidence.

And like I said a week ago, if Ingram is a 2nd option, Russell a 3rd, Randle a 4th option, we are still in great shape.

http://niketalk.com/t/654452/2017-lakers-season-thread-18-37-magic-byke/9300#post_27419523

You could also flip Russell & Ingram as well

Last edited:

We just had a we should have drafted Okafor comment.... Jahlil Okafor... A # 3 pick so bad, that they would have gotten less for him than they got for Noel who returned a Top 18 protected 1st.

It's called providing the objectivity. You can go through the posts for the past 2 seasons from me saying exactly what Russell needs to do, needs to fix. There's been plenty. But on the other side, there's been plenty that show he's a really good NBA talent.

We seem to go around in circles in discussions because there is a complete lack of even giving a damn about being consistent. Just look at the difference between how the anti-DLo camp analyzes Brandon Ingram (yourself included), or how you look at Devin Booker. Some of you at least be consistent.

Did Russell have a bad game tonight? Absolutely. End of story. Everybody has those. He's been pretty damn good for over a month.

But instead we get... Jahlil Okafor scored 23, like he hasn't been glued to a bench for full games for a month, and they desperately tried to trade him until they realized no team was offering a first round pick. And is only now playing because the Sixers are resting Simmons & Embiid for the season, and had to trade somebody, and Noel was the only guy available with even the minuscule amount of value he had.

So maybe just maybe Jah just needs more of an opporunity. Not giving up on him at all.

Let's have this fun then....

You just compared a Center to a PG in Shooting %...... Which is statistical analysis error.

But moving on......

Jahlil is supposed to be a polished offensive player. Supposed to be a 20 PPG on a nightly basis and that was the floor... I'm glad Russell actually is as good offensively as someone with a polished offensive game.

Also DRTG is the entire lineup of the team on the floor... Philadelphia has been a better defense than us for the past 2 years by about 4 points per 100 possessions.

Let's have more fun.... Russell is 23rd Real Plus Minus among PGs (89 qualified).... Okafor is 69th, out of 69 centers (Nice! By the way)

giphy.gif

some of y'all man .... :lol:
finicky af lol
the man has been ballin since all-star break and the first time he has a completely off game, I mean the first chance you guys get to pounce on him you do lol
we all begging for the tank but then look at them sideways for losing by 2 to the sixers hahaha oh brudder
but proceed....

It's what they do man :lol:. A guy could ball out for 81 games and they'd be quiet as a church mouse. But let him have one stinker and the pitchforks come out

I'm sure they would've just gave Evan Turner or Rajon Rando 100 million dollars instead. Plus Jah & KP are too good, we would've missed out on BI last year.

Yea jah and kp have really been racking up wins

It's what they do man :lol:. A guy could ball out for 81 games and they'd be quiet as a church mouse. But let him have one stinker and the pitchforks come out
Yea jah and kp have really been racking up wins

Nah man taking Jah over Dlo was sooooo dumb. Didn't u see Dlo fumble the ball last night? He obviously can't be or leader and needs to he shipped out asap. Why wait until the summer? We should just cut him tomorrow.

Last edited:
7. Julius Randle – Los Angeles Lakers: After missing almost his entire rookie year, Randle has shown promise over the last two seasons. Luke Walton has him playing as the Lakers’ light version of Draymond Green, as a playmaking power forward. The challenge is that while Randle does a lot of things well, he doesn’t excel in any one area. And the Lakers have to consider his fit with D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram and what they hope will be another high pick in the 2017 NBA Draft.

Extension Prediction: No extension if the Lakers keep their pick in 2017. Four years/$70 million if LA loses the pick. This one is a little complicated. If Los Angeles loses their pick in 2017, they also lose their pick in 2019. That would leave the Lakers a little short on young talent. That alone could drive them to keep Randle. If they get to keep the pick and can add another young player, they can let him get to restricted free agency in the summer of 2018 and make a decision at that point. It also gives them another year of development for Ingram and Larry Nance Jr. as well.
http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/245269/Previewing-The-2014-Draft-Class-Extension-Market

Where's everyone laughing when I suggested Randle could get 15-18 million a year :rofl:.

Dudes looked at me like I said Jah was gunna be the next great NBA big man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Low and behold an independent evaluator projected 17.5 mil a year [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'd really just love to keep this pick and have a roster full of young talent, and let it all sort itself out. (not to mention keeping the 2019 pick in our pocket as well)

DLo/Ennis
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Top 3
Hou Pick

Moz
Deng
Nick Young

Lot of future potential to build with there. If you swap out Young for Black, still works. (I'm not sure if they will keep Black long(er) term or just biding time with him, same for Nick I guess.

Where's everyone laughing when I suggested Randle could get 15-18 million a year :rofl:.

Dudes looked at me like I said Jah was gunna be the next great NBA big man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Low and behold an independent evaluator projected 17.5 mil a year [emoji]128527[/emoji]
Who cares about 18 Mz in 2018/19 :lol:
That will be the equivalent to 14-15 Mz this year. If Randle keeps improving by the time the end of 2018 rolls around I would def pay the man 15 Mz lol

I understand both sides of the argument. Am really curious what Magic and Pelinka decide if the Lakers are fortunate enough to keep the pick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom