**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

D'LOL

:rofl: :pimp:

Tonight is the night fellas. On national TV....he faces Mudiay again. Head to head.....Mudiay has EMBARRASSED D'Lo.

Magic Jokic with a Triple double
Will Barton with 20pts for East Baltimore
Mudiay with 17/7/5....and holds Dollywood to 4pts.

Let's get it :pimp:

D'LOL

Tonight is the night fellas. On national TV....he faces Mudiay again. Head to head.....Mudiay has EMBARRASSED D'Lo.

emmanuel-mudiay.jpg

Last edited:
D'LOL

Mudiay sucks

I've adamantly said it's wise to give time for young PGs to develop, but Mudiay is such a special case of bad play I don't think they can justify having him on the court.

Lakers got in at 2:45 or somethin like that, second of a back in to back, in Denver, this is a schedule loss. (which is fine for us)

But Mudiay playin well only against DLo won't help much for his career, 3-4 good games per year ain't gonna cut it. :lol:

If I remember right, Gary Harris was bust-y early in his career in Denver, and now looks pretty good, no?

* double checks stats* :nerd: Yep.

Young kids get better, weird. Wish Laker fans got that memo.

Been a Harris fan. If the Lakers entire front court didn't hit free agency in 2014, I wouldn't have been mad at taking him withe Randle pick.

I understand both sides of the argument. Am really curious what Magic and Pelinka decide if the Lakers are fortunate enough to keep the pick.
What sensible deal is out there if you're trading a package involving the pick & pieces of the core?

I think yall should hold on to it.

Dlo at this point is waaaaaay better than Mudiay, it's not even a question

But I think Rob and Magic, as they evaluate this roster, will realize that Dlo is not the player Mitch/Jim thought he was when they drafted him. He doesn't have NBA-level point guard speed nor athleticism. Doesn't have the ability to attack a defense with dribble penetration. Can't attack the rim at 6'5 mind you, and finish in traffic and/or draw fouls.

He's a nice set shooter (albeit streaky) and good with the pick and roll mid range game. Needs a lot of work on his post game, which will come with time.

But the flaws above are not correctable with experience/development. He's slow, unathletic and can't create his shot without at screen.

None of that even touches on his mental makeup and ability to lead, which none of us know about. Magic/Rob will have discussions with him and will evaluate how he is, who he is, what makes him tick, how he is in practice and in the locker room.

All of that will factor into whether he'll be the longterm solution at PG.

And in my opinion, he will be traded if we keep our pick and draft a PG.

What sensible deal is out there if you're trading a package involving the pick & pieces of the core?

Word I agree. The only problem is having like ten players younger than 25 on the roster. They're gunna be really ****** again next year.

But, the idea of pairing Fultz with Dlo or Ball with Dlo is too intriguing to pass up. I wouldn't do the trade. Especially if the only legit targets are Jimmy Butler & Paul George.

Dlo at this point is waaaaaay better than Mudiay, it's not even a question

But I think Rob and Magic, as they evaluate this roster, will realize that Dlo is not the player Mitch/Jim thought he was when they drafted him. He doesn't have NBA-level point guard speed nor athleticism. Doesn't have the ability to attack a defense with dribble penetration. Can't attack the rim at 6'5 mind you, and finish in traffic and/or draw fouls.

He's a nice set shooter (albeit streaky) and good with the pick and roll mid range game. Needs a lot of work on his post game, which will come with time.

But the flaws above are not correctable with experience/development. He's slow, unathletic and can't create his shot without at screen.

None of that even touches on his mental makeup and ability to lead, which none of us know about. Magic/Rob will have discussions with him and will evaluate how he is, who he is, what makes him tick, how he is in practice and in the locker room.

All of that will factor into whether he'll be the longterm solution at PG.

And in my opinion, he will be traded if we keep our pick and draft a PG.

Thanks for your daily D Lo will be traded update :lol:

Also is he not one of the best isolation scorers in the league at his position?

This pick will be the highest upside of anyone on the roster (unless it's Jackson), so if they keep it, it's not being traded. The pieces currently on the team though will likely be on the chopping block seeing as they said they're going to be aggressive. It makes sense to consolidate at least two of them just for minutes and fit purposes. Which players those will actually be is a mystery at this point depending on who you ask. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom