**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ may not be the hero you want, but he's whatcha got and he's shown up, physically shown up I mean, every single night. He be in uniform giving max effort, regardless of the outcome. Russ shows up and takes it on the chin. He got all the critical comments and all the hate, still shows up. Didn't fake an injury or anything to excuse himself early. Russ a Laker

F bronze

F ADisney

Russ may not be the hero you want, but he's whatcha got and he's shown up, physically shown up I mean, every single night. He be in uniform giving max effort, regardless of the outcome. Russ shows up and takes it on the chin. He got all the critical comments and all the hate, still shows up. Didn't fake an injury or anything to excuse himself early. Russ a Laker

F bronze

F ADisney
Lmao not this garbage again.

Some of the quotes in that story....

This is the only one that kills me...

• Caruso indicated the Lakers' initial offer was two years and $15 million. The team focused on re-signing Talen Horton-Tucker for three years and $31 million, and declined to sign Caruso for less per year. They had the rights to both players and could have signed both, but luxury-tax concerns likely played a role in choosing one.

Yikes....that looks so bad right now considering how THT has played this year.

Worst part is we really didn't have to give THT that contract.

I mean Caruso alone isn't changing anything about the way this season has played out. You'd just be way deeper into the tax with the same results. But yea..mistakes were made

Lakers would be the 7th or 8th seed if they made all the correct off-season moves but Ad/Bron missed the games they did this year.

It matters, but the health of AD has always been the biggest issue of the year.

My favorite

6B2BBCDF-2251-4B29-84C6-3B759C68B94E.jpeg

“This is what LEADERS are tasked to do..”

But if it doesn’t work, I’ll leak out more details that I was adamantly against this move and it’s all Lebron and AD’s fault

My favorite

6B2BBCDF-2251-4B29-84C6-3B759C68B94E.jpeg

“This is what LEADERS are tasked to do..”

But if it doesn’t work, I’ll leak out more details that I was adamantly against this move and it’s all Lebron and AD’s fault

Do you want him to admit this was all Lebron AD and Rich Paul? What did you think he would say? :lol:

Of course it ultimately falls on the GM or VP or whatever robs title is. But the move was brought to him and advocated for by LeGM no doubt about it

Last edited:
Called it weeks ago, doc to la

Jeanie will consult Magic. Doc is magics guy

I hope it happens. You all deserve it.

The initial "well, we won a few games, he's not so bad....."

To a year later "his rotations suck, he doesn't adjust, why didn't he challenge that random call in the 2nd quarter?"

To "who can we get? We need to get ___ head coach in here"

I'm so ready for it all. :lol:

Do you want him to admit this was all Lebron AD and Rich Paul? What do you think he would say? :lol:

Of course it ultimately falls on the GM or VP or whatever robs title is. But the move was brought to him and advocated for by LeGM no doubt about it
Here’s a wild and crazy idea… how about just not saying 😂

Part of being a LEADER is making difficult decisions. Sometimes they work and other times they don’t. But when they don’t, as a LEADER you own it. Not turn around and say well that was someone else’s idea. No one made you make that decision. And if they did well, you’re not really a LEADER now are you?

His words, not mine.

I hope it happens. You all deserve it.

The initial "well, we won a few games, he's not so bad....."

To a year later "his rotations suck, he doesn't adjust, why didn't he challenge that random call in the 2nd quarter?"

To "who can we get? We need to get ___ head coach in here"

I'm so ready for it all. :lol:

CP, bro...we love you....but what the hell are you talking about?

This is what fans do...they complain about things that happen.

I like Vogel as a coach. I 100% believe that everything that happened this year is not his fault.

But there have been times where he has made bad decisions in game.

Like darthska darthska has said...two things can be true. He is a good coach, that got dealt a bad hand and at times he can be VERY poor at in game adjustments....

Lebron and AD: Hey Rob, we met with Westbrook weeks ago and he’s our guy (assuming you can’t get dame and assuming derozen doesn’t wanna take a 10 mill dollar pay cut)

Rob: ok we will see how it goes you make a compelling argument for Westbrook. Appreciate your input, you guys are the backbone of our team and your input is HUGE part of MY decision

Rob makes deal. Does what any competent leader does and sticks his neck out and words it as his decision bc THAT IS literally his job and yes if it fails it’s HIS doing, ultimately.

But to say lebron and ad were like “whaaa!? Who is Westbrook? I guess if you love him Rob, we will play with him!!”

When the lakers off season on paper worked, lebron had his croanies write an article about how he had godfather-like meetings with guys and people were praising him.

Overall, the blame pie goes to eveeyone

Jeanie for being cheap
Rob for being an idiot since he got the job
Lebron and ad for wanting guys like westbrick and DJ
Players for being lazy and entitled (“wait til we get to playoffs”)
Fans for not listening to me early and often

Last edited:
Do you want him to admit this was all Lebron AD and Rich Paul? What did you think he would say? :lol:

Nah man

Lebron was like this when he saw the tweet by Woj

“Westbrook? Who is that? Or Russell? My god that’s an awful fit. How dare Rob. I don’t think Russ will fit. He can’t shoot and he sucks. My god. I would never have made that type of move. Gosh!!!”

CP, bro...we love you....but what the hell are you talking about?

This is what fans do...they complain about things that happen.

I like Vogel as a coach. I 100% believe that everything that happened this year is not his fault.

But there have been times where he has made bad decisions in game.

Like darthska darthska has said...two things can be true. He is a good coach, that got dealt a bad hand and at times he can be VERY poor at in game adjustments....

Agreed.

And EVERY coach will make "poor/bad" decisions or adjustments with inferior players at their disposal.

Phil, Pop, Spo included. So just replacing them every other year does nothing for us.

Except get us Doc Rivers. Like I said, y'all deserve him. I'm excited for it to happen.

Back
Top Bottom