**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Fun fact: the Nash/Kobe/Dwight horrible lakers team would be 5th in the west right now.
I've always thought that the reason people called the team horrible wasn't so much because the team was actually horrible. I've thought it was because with the potential we had on that roster and how the season went, it was horrible.

Man that was so long ago. I'm glad we've grown past that.

-foe

Bron has a history of rather playing (he signs off these deals I don't care what he says about who pushes the buttons) with experienced and sometimes washed vets instead of younger but maybe more athletic and talented players. Im thinking of guys like Bibby, Battier, Miller, Zydrunas to name a few in Miami that were a mixed bag when it came to producing. Luckily he was so out of this world that he could carry those guys to the Finals.

Then the second run in Cleveland they got guys like DWade, Calderon, Shawn Marion, Deron Williams and Kendrick Perkins taking up and wasting roster spots. You're telling me there weren't younger talent anywhere in the league out there that could've helped those teams way more than those guys? I keep forgetting they had Joe Harris on the team before they let him go to save money. I truly believe they still could've won that one title in Cleveland with a young Wiggins instead of Love. Love was a crucial piece but he wasn't the real difference maker there. No surprise it was a YOUNG Kyrie Irving who helped him get there. We'll never know but that's just my opinion.

It seems like he never trusted young talent to help him which is now inevitably rearing its ugly head to an extreme degree with this roster. Is it a surprise that the brightest spots this season have been Malik Monk and Austin Reeves???

So while he may not pay the money or sign the contracts, there's a history there and this kinda roster has his fingerprints all over it. He probably did want to keep Caruso and sign Derozan but he also signed off on the Russ trade, So he has to look in the mirror when it comes to that IMO.

Last edited:
Imagine the perimeter D the Lakers would've had had they kept KCP, Caruso, and Glove Jr and then simply added Melo, Monk, and Augustin for shooting.

But no, LeGM wanted someone like Westbrick to run the point and split duties with him, thinking AD and THT would be forces on defense and what he got instead were three liabilities for teammates.

Idiots.

Last edited:
277784063_5755940607767749_3931433295902900390_n.jpg

So at this point then, it's just a matter of what a person chooses to believe. We can't literally prove what Lebron wanted and what management was willing to do, or how much control Lebron even has over the team even though we all pretend like he definitely runs everything.

-foe
I literally have read more stories of lebron wanting westbrick more than the others.

There was even that article on how the meetings went down

I literally have read more stories of lebron wanting westbrick more than the others.

There was even that article on how the meetings went down
Just cause you read something doesn't make it true. I've read the earth if flat, that sure as hell doesn't mean it's true.

Back
Top Bottom