**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Going from one headache to another. Julius is not as bad as Russ but up there with one of the most frustrating players in the league to watch. He's on a fresh contract too.
He doesn't really put the team over either. They'd be better but not by enough of a margin to invest in him

Agreed, but more flexibility and depending on who they attach to the trade we can actually get some depth back.

All facts...
1648604300795.png

If you want to make the play-in, you probably frame participation and perfect attendance awards.
I was against the team making the play in for weeks

But now that I think about it, the players probably don’t wanna make it either so they can start their vacation early and I don’t want the players to get what they want. Thus, I am changing my stance. I hope they get to the play in, have to travel all the way to NOLA. Get beat up. Then flight delays cause then to have to spend an extra 2 nights, AC breaks down in their hotel rooms with historic heat wave commencing along with a locust infestation. Delaying their vacation flights and causing them to miss their flights and oh and make sure they booked non-refundable tickets

I don't think I've ever seen a superstar this unbothered by losing and under performing / underachieving. Westbrook does not lose a single moment of sleep over any of this. As long as he gets to handle the ball, cash his checks, live in LA and where his goofy outfits he's fine whether or not we win or lose

Last edited:
These losses hitting a little different than the rebuilding days, at least you can use the excuse that they are young and learning how to develop. These old heads done reached their peak and ain’t gonna get any better especially on the defensive end
Those teams played hard and to their full abilities.

This team is lazy, entitled, and thus far below their abilities

That’s why the losses hit different

Just watched that RW interview to see what the big deal is.. and after watching I’m still wondering what the big deal is 😂

Lakers aren’t a good team as their record indicates. Their two best players can’t stay healthy. Both were out tonight and the team got ran out the gym.

So “what needs to change” and winning just aren’t serious questions imo. Like Russ has had the answer all along and has been holding back. You are what your record says you are, Lakers aren’t a losing franchise but this is just a losing season. They will right the ship, hopefully sooner than later.

Last edited:
Just watched that RW interview to see what the big deal is.. and after watching I’m still wondering what the big deal is 😂

Lakers aren’t a good team as their record indicates. Their two best players can’t stay healthy. Both were out tonight and the team got ran out the gym.

So “what needs to change” and winning just aren’t serious questions imo. Like Russ has had the answer all along and has been holding back. You are well your record says you are, Lakers aren’t a losing franchise but this is just a losing season. They will right the ship, hopefully sooner than later.
Contrarian gritty back at it

Hate to say it, but the window might be shut thanks to last off-season's mismanagement.

It's the Bron cycle. AD not consistently being healthy or here at all is the number one issue that's been the constant. You can try and tweak and manage the roster in whatever way possible. Just need to be happy we got that break due to covid otherwise this era would have really been a dud.

2020-21: AD 36/72 games, LBJ 45/72
2021-22: AD 37/75 games, LBJ 55/75

Upgrade the supporting cast, and the coaching staff but if AD can’t play more than half a season it’s a wrap folks.

If social media was around in Jordan's day, I'm positive they wouldn't have used his face for Ls, either, contract be damned.

But here we are at yet another "If social media was around in Jordan's day" topic.

-foe

2020-21: AD 36/72 games, LBJ 45/72
2021-22: AD 37/75 games, LBJ 55/75

Upgrade the supporting cast, and the coaching staff but if AD can’t play more than half a season it’s a wrap folks.

We can retool the roster all we want but if ad is going to miss half the season and LeBron is going to miss a third of the season (or more) then it doesn't matter how good of a supporting cast we have. The reason that the 19-20 teamwork so well was not only did they have a great supporting cast who knew roles and bought in but ad and LeBron were healthy and available for almost every game that season.

I know people may not want to hear it but even last year's team had a good shot to win the championship if they were healthy.

Ad and Lebron not playing when it matters most is a recipe for losing. But that’s every team in the nba.

The key is to get a supporting cast that can at least hold the fort down some and play with effort and beat teams that are tanking should those injuries occur mid season…

…So that when ad comes back and lebron isn’t hurt playing 48 mins a game, they can make a run.

Kind of like last year, except ad got hurt in the playoffs too. That’s too much to handle even for a good supporting cast

We can retool the roster all we want but if ad is going to miss half the season and LeBron is going to miss a third of the season (or more) then it doesn't matter how good of a supporting cast we have. The reason that the 19-20 teamwork so well was not only did they have a great supporting cast who knew roles and bought in but ad and LeBron were healthy and available for almost every game that season.

I know people may not want to hear it but even last year's team had a good shot to win the championship if they were healthy.
But this is why you get Russ.

Lol

Back
Top Bottom