**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

man I still remember Walt Bellamy like it was yesterday
That's right, avoiding my question like the plague....because you straight up don't know jack. 
roll.gif

Like I said, we can talk basketball or we can talk smack.

The 1987-'88 Los Angeles Lakers did something UNPRECEDENTED in the NBA Playoffs that year. Guess what they did. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I thought we was just talking basketball, why can't I talk about my era's great players?? 

simply because you disagree or don't know enough to keep up. I understand if you have a certain disdain for Bellemy, hell he wasn't the most likable character in the league, I cede that to you.

but if you are going to make it personal, then not only are you unfit for this thread, you may be unfit for NT and the internet.

You do you man. I'll do me, and this thread will keep ticking fam. Stay classy on them stacks.

Last edited:
[thread="654452"] [/thread]

do you guys think him going to the Rockets helps or hurts his chances at 6th man since obviously he put up buckets for us/a bad team

What kind of stupid question is that...dude just scored 27 and has been a consistent scorer in this league for EVERY TEAM HE'S PLAYED FOR. You put Lou on the Warriors and dude would still score 17 per.

It's not a stupid question at all
Lou gets buckets, no doubt about that
Lou is now playing for Mike freakin d'antoni who preaches bucket gettin

But he is now playing next to E.G who is also vying for 6moty and is having a great year himself
Lou also just joined a team that includes James Harden who is a top 3 ppg player in the league.

His overall production may dip a bit though
He won't be closing out games if he can't defend elite pg's (but then again D'antonis best defense is a better offense )

I thought we was just talking basketball, why can't I talk about my era's great players?? 

simply because you disagree or don't know enough to keep up. I understand if you have a certain disdain for Bellemy, hell he wasn't the most likable character in the league, I cede that to you.

but if you are going to make it personal, then not only are you unfit for this thread, you may be unfit for NT and the internet.

You do you man. I'll do me, and this thread will keep ticking fam. Stay classy on them stacks.
Don't get it twisted, there ain't nothing personal bout me telling you that you don't know jack about your favorite team. 

First of all, you said guess your age. So if you watched West and Bellamy LIVE back in the day, it's safe to assume you watched the 80s as well, correct? 
laugh.gif
  Yet you can't tell me what the 88 Lakers did in the playoffs that no other team had done before. Ever. 

And FYI...I never claimed I was old enough to watch West. So there goes your silly argument being thrown out the door like a one-night stand.

Thanks for chiming in though. You just proved you ain't no Laker fan. Stick to the Kings bruh.

Last edited:

[thread="654452"]2017 Lakers Season Thread 18 37 Magic Byke/13280_20#post_27608155​[/thread]

do you guys think him going to the Rockets helps or hurts his chances at 6th man since obviously he put up buckets for us/a bad team
What kind of stupid question is that...dude just scored 27 and has been a consistent scorer in this league for EVERY TEAM HE'S PLAYED FOR. You put Lou on the Warriors and dude would still score 17 per.

It's not a stupid question at all
Lou gets buckets, no doubt about that
Lou is now playing for Mike freakin d'antoni who preaches bucket gettin

But he is now playing next to E.G who is also vying for 6moty and is having a great year himself
Lou also just joined a team that includes James Harden who is a top 3 ppg player in the league.

His overall production may dip a bit though
He won't be closing out games if he can't defend elite pg's (but then again D'antonis best defense is a better offense )
Oh yeah, that's a stupid question.

D'Antoni's system, when filled with the right type of players, has at least 5-7 players who score in double figures. Go check out the 2005-08 Suns. lol

This year's Rockets are no different. HOU has 5 guys who average double figures in points and Lou is now the sixth player to do so.

The POINT:  When a Mike D'Antoni coached team has the right kinds of players that fit his system like a glove, it don't matter if he got Gordon, Harden, or Anderson. A pure scorer like Lou Will gonna come right in and do his thing, which is score 16-18 off the bench WITH EASE.

Thought you knew bruh.

Last edited:
Don't get it twisted, there ain't nothing personal bout me telling you that you don't know jack about your favorite team. 

First of all, you said guess your age. So if you watched West and Bellamy LIVE back in the day, it's safe to assume you watched the 80s as well, correct? 
laugh.gif
  Yet you can't tell me what the 88 Lakers did in the playoffs that no other team had done before. Ever. 

And FYI...I never claimed I was old enough to watch West. So there goes your silly argument being thrown out the door like a one-night stand.

Thanks for chiming in though. You just proved you ain't no Laker fan. Stick to the Kings bruh.
It's all good man, as long as we've established its not personal. Give me a hint on the Lakers trivia, I'm still new to this team... hell the ink on my application might still be wet, but I think I have a sneaking suspicion on it

laugh.gif

It's all good man, as long as we've established its not personal. Give me a hint on the Lakers trivia, I'm still new to this team... hell the ink on my application might still be wet, but I think I have a sneaking suspicion on it
Either you know it or you don't. And no, it has nothing to do with Pat Riley's guarantee that they would repeat.

Lakers have 3rd worst record in the NBA with 19 wins. But only a handful of games below a supreme cluster**** of teams (12 of em) who currently have between 21-25 wins.

You team tankers confident about securing that top 3 pick? LOL

Lakers just traded away their leading scorer, paving the way for Clarkson, Young, and DLo to show us what they got. Not to mention more minutes for Ingram and Zubac, who are emerging.

You team tankers still confident about keeping the pick? When the Hornets (5-game L streak), Kings, Magic, Knicks, Nuggets, and Mavs are trending in a downward direction.

Lakers will pay if they show the league that they're hell bent on tanking. The biggest mistake is continuing a culture mired in loser mentality. The basketball gods will NOT reward the Lakers for it.

If they end up purposely tanking, that ping pong ball gonna bounce Philly's way and the karma resulting from the way they treated Mitch gonna hit the Lakers where it hurts.

Last edited:
Given Voldermort's record not only will we keep the pick it'll be #1 overall.

Dawg the human espn trade machine guaranteed we would land a superstar this deadline and failed
His credibility is shot by this point :lol:
No amount of money can repair that reputation

Holla!

Back
Top Bottom