**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So what you're saying is we should wait to the playoffs before wylin out? I agree.

We're on pace for Bron & AD to play 37% of the games together this season...the exact same as last year.
I hope so.
But not really. We could wait til playoffs last year bc a healthy team started 21-7

This years healthy laker team is still trash in the small sample size

Plus Russ is trash. Period

My problem is this...I was told we got Russ so when AD or Bron would miss time we would he fine.

We are not fine.

And can we cut this guy already? We need a roster spot for Johnson.

Thank god!!

We need more players in protocols. We need to try out as many 10 day contract guys as possible. Hope this means we go after a 7 footer young lob catcher. Melo can’t play center.

Russ is TRASH
8706DB10-E53F-45E7-BD48-490B5CED5F79.jpeg

Do me a favor

Think of a good fantasy scenario with lakers trading tht and Nunn for someone(grant Myles sabonis etc etc) . Add a buy-out guy you like too (Ross…Thad young etc)

Now create your fantasy lineup…and now add Russ to it.

I bet as soon as you make Russ the 5th player in your fantasy….it turns into a disaster. Russ just makes everything bad. You can play perfect all game and you’ll be nervous bc of 2-3 bad turnovers and missed layups at the end. He can single handedly cost you a series

Only way to salvage the season is AD back healthy. And we need to hit on collison. If we can make him be 80 percent of his Indy days we can start him at pg. then trade tht for any 3 and d player or two. Give Russ the Dwight treatment of sitting him out for certain series or just bring him off the bench for 25 mins a game

I can't call Russ trash. Bro a hooper.

He's just too raw and has a low basketball iq.

I know people knock the triple double seasons, and even getting triple doubles now. I get it, but that don't happen by being trash. Kwame Brown ain't getting no triple doubles. Adam Morrison wasn't a walking trip-dub.

BUT... having triple double seasons on underwhelming playoff teams, getting triple doubles but losing, that comes from an awesome player not making good decisions, a bull in a China shop like people said about Julius Randle, who has learned to corral that energy and be more effective-ish.

Russ still hasn't learned efficiency over energy. Honestly, we were spoiled with Kobe, a MASTER at that. Lebron is, too.

-foe

Sadly, the politics of sitting Russ is too much for any coach to handle

What we need is a short term injury (2 weeks or so) for Russ or for him to go to Covid protocols (hopefully a false positive for 2 weeks) to see what we are without Russ.

Only way to salvage the season is AD back healthy. And we need to hit on collison. If we can make him be 80 percent of his Indy days we can start him at pg. then trade tht for any 3 and d player or two. Give Russ the Dwight treatment of sitting him out for certain series or just bring him off the bench for 25 mins a game
BEEN saying for the last 50 days that WESTBRICK SHOULD be coming off the bench. But Lakers coaching staff too scared to make a statement and DO IT!

Reactions: DLF
BEEN saying for the last 50 days that WESTBRICK SHOULD be coming off the bench. But Lakers coaching staff too scared to make a statement and DO IT!
Collison
Reaves
Lebron
Ariza
Ad

Second units at some point
Westbrook
Monk
Johnson
Melo
AD

Tht
Ellington
Lebron
Melo
Howard

Tht and Westbrook would be pg’s against second unit point guards like Cam Payne, Gary Payton 2, Austin rivers. Players in their tier

Sadly, the politics of sitting Russ is too much for any coach to handle

What we need is a short term injury (2 weeks or so) for Russ or for him to go to Covid protocols (hopefully a false positive for 2 weeks) to see what we are without Russ.
No. What we need is to trade Westbrook at all costs.

Sure, no team will take him.

So trade him for pennies on the dollar. Addition by subtraction.

I just thought about it...even if you bring him off the bench he will still be a liability and he will still cause the team to blow leads.

Sactown will be the ideal situation. They have all kinds of Bigs we can use and they have HARRISON BARNES. I bet he's itching to get a shot to beat GSW in the playoffs.

But it probably won't happen. Cause Pelinka don't think like me or you.

Collison
Reaves
Lebron
Ariza
Ad

Second units at some point
Westbrook
Monk
Johnson
Melo
AD

Tht
Ellington
Lebron
Melo
Howard

Tht and Westbrook would be pg’s against second unit point guards like Cam Payne, Gary Payton 2, Austin rivers. Players in their tier
That's a start. But that squad still one and done in the playoffs.

IT'S A MUST we get an adequate BIG next to AD for the 50% that AD not playing the 5.

Dwight in 2022 is NOT the same Dwight from 2019. Older, slower, less imposing.

Need MYLES TURNER or one of Sactown's bigs

Reactions: DLF
Damn wishing injuries on our players now, new low.
I said false positive lol

Also it’s for a noble cause

He sits for 2 weeks. Team finds it’s stride. He comes back off the bench. Accepts it. Becomes 6th man of the year. Team wins title. Becomes lakers legend

Vs trying to continue to fit square peg into round hole. Teams stinks. Misses playoffs. He becomes most hated man in LA. Has to move to New Mexico. Becomes depressed.

I think 2 weeks out is worth it in long run for him

“Trash” is my anger/frustration at this disaster. He’s not a good fit. Obviously he can play the game of basketball. But as he ages and becomes less athletic, his flaws (low IQ, turnovers, bad touch, non shooting) become more glaring.

He’s been a poor fit for this team and all 4 teams he’s been on the past 4 seasons

“Trash” is my anger/frustration at this disaster. He’s not a good fit. Obviously he can play the game of basketball. But as he ages and becomes less athletic, his flaws (low IQ, turnovers, bad touch, non shooting) become more glaring.

He’s been a poor fit for this team and all 4 teams he’s been on the past 4 seasons
Yup, for sure we know he's not trash cause he puts up numbers. He a automatic 20 meaningless points per game. And As fans we just say he "trash" cause we mad, But....

He is "trash" in the sense that we have to dispose of him if we want to make any kind of progress towards Winning.

Nah he’s an all time great. You’re just a hater

He’s better than Steph curry

Back
Top Bottom