**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The grizzlies have won like 5 straight without Ja. Anybody who thought that would be an easy game isn’t paying attention.
Ya youre right. We are in the same tier as them so whoever thought it would be easy is dumb.

in that 5-8 seed tier

The moves were made to combat the Nets and match their firepower at full strength. That's pretty clear. Impossible to forsee Myrie taking a sabbatical. We weren't going to beat them with the same team from last year.

And now we can't beat anybody

I keep coming back to this:

Frank is trying to turn *this* team into a defensive team. We don’t have the personnel for it. We have no wings. Ariza coming back will help but it’s not a cure all solution.

AD can’t shoot anymore. Russ could never shoot. Avery Bradley got waived before the season and is on a non-guaranteed contract. THT? Well…

In 2021, it is absolutely criminal to have Lebron James be the best shooter in a lineup. Start Wayne Ellington. We’re not playing defense anyway. We might as well lean into the offense.

We should have been leaning into offense, but Frank ain't and never has been a even decent offensive coach, even when we had different personnel. He's going to get the boot soon.

what would your prediction had been if you knew Memphis would not have ja?

I picked 3-2 from the start. I had us losing the Memphis game and losing to the Mavs.

We will see what these boys do tonight.

They almost have to win this game because of the embarrassing losses.

The grizzlies have won like 5 straight without Ja. Anybody who thought that would be an easy game isn’t paying attention.

cmon man with the kind of skills,talent and payroll the LAKERS has,,,they should be dominating this GLeague teams roster,, just saying

if you have the BEST player named LBJ in your team you expect EXCELLENCE and PERFECTION

Last edited:
cmon man with kind of talent and payroll the LAKERS has,,,they should be dominating this GLeague teams roster,, just saying

if you have the BEST player named LBJ in your team you expect EXCELLENCE and PERFECTION

idk if you know this but Lebron is like 37.

Russ has played on like 4 teams in 4 years. The only reason the lakers were able to acquire him is because everyone knows he’s not worth 44 million a year or whatever he’s making.

ad is supposed to be the guy that carries us thru the regular season but he’s more concerned about staying healthy for the playoffs than trying to win regular season games.

our 4th highest paid player is 21 years, needs the ball in his hands to make an impact on offense and can’t shoot for ****.

our 5th highest paid player hasn’t played a game.

the rest of our roster is minimum contracts.

this isn’t that surprising. Just make it to the playoffs healthy (with a real identity) and hope that lebron and AD can carry us to a ring. That’s what it’s been the entire time.

idk if you know this but Lebron is like 37.

Russ has played on like 4 teams in 4 years. The only reason the lakers were able to acquire him is because everyone knows he’s not worth 44 million a year or whatever he’s making.

ad is supposed to be the guy that carries us thru the regular season but he’s more concerned about staying healthy for the playoffs than trying to win regular season games.

our 4th highest paid player is 21 years, needs the ball in his hands to make an impact on offense and can’t shoot for ****.

our 5th highest paid player hasn’t played a game.

the rest of our roster is minimum contracts.

this isn’t that surprising. Just make it to the playoffs healthy (with a real identity) and hope that lebron and AD can carry us to a ring. That’s what it’s been the entire time.

Just remember there were some folks in this thread talking about how the heat started slow, and Russ always starts slow...yada yada yada.

This would have been a perfect time to have a 5 or 6 game win streak but nah...we can't beat a team without 2 of thier best players.

i get your point about Lebrons age,,,he's still the best player on that roster though,Russ is overpaid and turnover king,Brow is the main guy i wanted to see dominate

supporting casts are doing their best to contribute when they get the chance

The moves were made to combat the Nets and match their firepower at full strength. That's pretty clear. Impossible to forsee Myrie taking a sabbatical. We weren't going to beat them with the same team from last year.
I think you make a few minor tweaks, we absolutely could have.

I wasn’t scared.

Back
Top Bottom