**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Your weekly reminder that the lakers from start of 2019 (excluding bubble regular season) to 2021 when AD got hurt at Denver were: 70-20. (.770 winning percentage)

that’s with a core of AD, Lebron, Caruso, Kcp, Kuzma howard/gasol, Morris, rondo, green/shroeder

Basically Lebron and AD with size, athleticism, IQ and defense equals wins.

we tried to reinvent the wheel by going to opposite with small players. Older. LOWER IQ. You can’t make this stuff up

Last edited:
Your weekly reminder that the lakers from start of 2019 (excluding bubble regular season) to 2021 when AD got hurt at Denver were: 70-20. (.770 winning percentage)

that’s with a core of AD, Lebron, Caruso, Kcp, Kuzma howard/gasol, Morris, rondo, green/shroeder

we tried to reinvent the wheel by going to opposite with small players. Older. LOWER IQ. You can’t make this stuff up

Bro, what are you talking about?

We are fine man. Russ has mamba mentality.

It's just December. We beat the Celtics.

We good bro.

rss4nty3vm481.jpg

rh0vflsyxm481.jpg

whos your next FRANCHISE player after Brons retirement though,,THT? lmfao

any BUM scrub team plays the LAKERS,,they play great all the time and beat the Lakeshow by surprise

i dont get it wth

whos your next FRANCHISE player after Brons retirement though,,THT? lmfao

Supposed to be AD but AD just hasn't been the same since the bubble.

Gonna be an interesting trade deadline.

Got to have an Athletic 3 & D wing.

Hopefully all these guys are right about Russ getting better towards the end but at the end of the day, this team (at this point) just doesn't look like a championship team.

I don't get why that is so blasphemous to say. I don't know what some of you are watching but what about this team screams championship?

Supposed to be AD but AD just hasn't been the same since the bubble.

Gonna be an interesting trade deadline.

Got to have an Athletic 3 & D wing.

Hopefully all these guys are right about Russ getting better towards the end but at the end of the day, this team (at this point) just doesn't look like a championship team.

I don't get why that is so blasphemous to say. I don't know what some of you are watching but what about this team screams championship?
I lean into saying it just to play devils advocate. It’s become a weird cult thing to hate anyone who questions management. Starting with the Caruso deal. It’s like, you complain about the moves and they jump on you. So just lean into it. I hate herd mentality

“He’s tired”

If that’s the case….and I’ll give him credit for being available, playing through the stomach ache and cold ailments plus whatever injuries he may be dealing with at the moment… then give him a day off.

Lol @ the last few pages.

just need to flip DJ + Baze + whatever for some younger, energetic legs.

Talen gonna have his growing pains, but I think come playoff time he will be a legit piece for us on both ends of the floor.

To me, Franks vision for this team’s identity isn’t capable with the personnel we have. We haven’t been capable of defending at a high level EVERY NIGHT.

So he’s going to plan B and C now, experimenting with the zone and all these different line ups. He’s trying to make it work….

not a great sign.

makes me support Chuck and Shaqs statement sometimes about The Brow

i'd like to see him more on a lowpost not as high as the 3 point line where he lay eggs lol

I spent my 20s playing basketball hella hard and now that I hit 30, my body is ****** up and doesn’t recover the same. **** sucks but it changed the way I hoop. I’m just out there trynna get some cardio and not get hurt :lol:

when I watch ad, I see a player who is more concerned about remaining healthy and not getting hurt than I see a player going 100% and giving his all to win games.

I spent my 20s playing basketball hella hard and now that I hit 30, my body is ****ed up and doesn’t recover the same. **** sucks but it changed the way I hoop. I’m just out there trynna get some cardio and not get hurt :lol:

when I watch ad, I see a player who is more concerned about remaining healthy and not getting hurt than I see a player going 100% and giving his all to win games.
He's not 30.

I'm just going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's coasting, but it's hard to watch.

💯💯💯

We had a very distinct identity that worked very well. We were a defense first, physical team that focused on using length to bother and disrupt opposing teams. This worked incredibly well.
Basically sense last offseason, we've done everything in our power to dismantle the identity that want us a championship.

He's not 30.

I'm just going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's coasting, but it's hard to watch.

I’m not trying to make a direct comparison to myself. I’m just saying he looks like he’s playing not to get hurt over playing to dominate.

The moves were made to combat the Nets and match their firepower at full strength. That's pretty clear. Impossible to forsee Myrie taking a sabbatical. We weren't going to beat them with the same team from last year.

Back
Top Bottom