**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You guys think there is bad blood between Westbrook and Pg/kawhi?

for those that don’t know the story, the rumor / reported story is Russ called Kawhi when Kawhi was a free agent about teaming up with the Clippers. Kawhi was like,”that’s cool let me get back to you” and then Kawhi thought, “if Russ is trying to get out of Oklahoma, then what’s going to happen to Pg? I’d much rather team up with Pg over Russ”… Kawhi hits up pg, let’s him know Russ is trying to bounce out of okc and tells Pg to request a trade to the clippers to team up with Kawhi (instead of Russ).

so Kawhi went behind Russ back because he thought Russ wasn’t good and that Pg would be a better fit.

pg went behind Russ back because he thought Russ was trynna leave pg in okc.

Russ went behind Pg back because he got pg to re-up in okc, only for Russ to try and bounce to LA to team up with Kawhi & leave PG in OKC.

**** kinda messy.

You guys think there is bad blood between Westbrook and Pg/kawhi?

for those that don’t know the story, the rumor / reported story is Russ called Kawhi when Kawhi was a free agent about teaming up with the Clippers. Kawhi was like,”that’s cool let me get back to you” and then Kawhi thought, “if Russ is trying to get out of Oklahoma, then what’s going to happen to Pg? I’d much rather team up with Pg over Russ”… Kawhi hits up pg, let’s him know Russ is trying to bounce out of okc and tells Pg to request a trade to the clippers to team up with Kawhi (instead of Russ).

so Kawhi went behind Russ back because he thought Russ wasn’t good and that Pg would be a better fit.

pg went behind Russ back because he thought Russ was trynna leave pg in okc.

Russ went behind Pg back because he got pg to re-up in okc, only for Russ to try and bounce to LA to team up with Kawhi & leave PG in OKC.

**** kinda messy.

Kawhi sounds like a genius if you ask me

What good GM move has he made? The Clippers still haven't won a dang thing! They mortgaged their future for Paul George only to peak as a WCF team
Although true

Lebron traded away his entire depth for Russell westbrook

All i'm saying is that although AD's jumper hasn't been falling this year, he has shown a consistent ability to knock down shots outside the paint so he takes them. Acting as if he is overly reliant on them is just not factual.

For Comparison, So many in this thread claim that Giannis is "Shaq like dominant" and so aggressive in the paint

Here are the percentage of shots he takes per distance
0-3 feet = 39%
3-10 = 20%
3pt = 22%

AD
0-3 = 36%
3-10 = 20%
3pt = 11%

So AD has sacrificed the three for longer two's which should probably balance out more if his shooting doesn't improve, but bottom line he is attacking the paint at an elite level

Eye test

next time ad has a guard on him and he takes a 22 turn around off balance fade away, I don’t want people complaining anymore

I thought a lot of narrative about AD being soft was because of his injury history, and not necessarily his shot selection

Sad state the lakers are in. Getting flexed off national tv. Gotta be pretty embarrassing. With 2 superstars too

only player giving Bron a run for his money as a GM is KD :lol:
bron formula has resulted in 4 chips

Kawhi got his chips by ending up on good teams and no by his own choice

GSW was built thru draft then after '16 they recruited one player that put them over the top for 3 years

Russ is shooting 52% from the corner so far this year & he finished at 43% last year (37% the last 5). Hopefully the staff is trying to take advantage of that more since teams will leave him open from there

Reactions: DLF
starting THT over Monk or Ellington is dumb.
I know Frank wants defensive guard to pair with the big 3 but Monk/Ellington’s shooting > THT’s potential defense.

I think THT would be better off the coming from the bench and playing more non-Lebron minutes so that he can create and drive.

I think Frank wants to get THT more reps because of his potential and if gets better, the lakers will reap the rewards in the playoffs, but idk… this is a championship level roster and idk if it’s smart to try and develop a 21 year old alongside the vets.

starting THT over Monk or Ellington is dumb.
I know Frank wants defensive guard to pair with the big 3 but Monk/Ellington’s shooting > THT’s potential defense.

I think THT would be better off the coming from the bench and playing more non-Lebron minutes so that he can create and drive.

I think Frank wants to get THT more reps because of his potential and if gets better, the lakers will reap the rewards in the playoffs, but idk… this is a championship level roster and idk if it’s smart to try and develop a 21 year old alongside the vets.
I agree

tht needs to be out there as the lone playmaker

Back
Top Bottom