**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ doesn't suck. He's not garbage. I'm just really struggling to see how he fits. He's a ball dominant playmaker. We already have one of those, one of the best to ever be it.

I've never been a fan of throwing a bunch of big names together.

-foe

Welp time to fire up the trade machine again :lol:

Literally the only tradable asset we have is THT. We have three guys who take up our entire salary cap and a bunch of veteran minimum. Obviously we're not going to trade LeBron and AD and nobody wants. Russ, so we're stuck with this team as is. We're going to Russ so we're stuck with this team as is.

I had a feeling it would be .500 for the first 20 games but I’m not seeing any promising outside of some of the 3pt shooting and Bron looking okay
But the team just don’t give any effort on the little things on defense and rebounding and the offense gets so sticky lol

AD at the 5 but teams zone up and double on the catch and it makes the offense ugly af lol

Those who keep thinking this team will get it together and eventually gel are only fooling themselves. The writing is on the wall...

This team is not a team.

Meanwhile,

The Warriors are back.

Silver lining:

I care much less about the losses this year bc of how unlikeable this team is.

past two years I’d be depressed after a game like this.

now, I turned it off when I saw the team just standing around and Russ made stupid mistake after mistake. Got things to do

Russ doesn't suck. He's not garbage. I'm just really struggling to see how he fits. He's a ball dominant playmaker. We already have one of those, one of the best to ever be it.

I've never been a fan of throwing a bunch of big names together.

-foe
It’s simple. He has to come off the bench or have his minutes dominantly with the second unit. At this point, I’m putting big blame on Vogel. Lineups plays a big part .

Bron was just enamored with getting another above average play maker lol bro prob tired of playing point every second of every game
Welp. He still has to do so because even tho russ shows he can be a great passer half the time his ****** IQ makes him make stupid decisions lol

Klutch needs to sneak that SImmons for Westbrook trade through.

nba-eating.gif

You keep wanna relying on stats be my guest.

Eye see much different things. Yes you're right our guards suck but Russ is also averaging 8 boards.

Numbers are deceiving. Eye test reveals we are getting punished inside every game and we're about to be 8-9.
You said AD needs to play the 4 and I said the team didn't rebound any better when he did. The hell you be talking bout man :lol:

The prophecy has been fulfilled. Need the jerseys asap.
i thnk russ gonna be better on this team than a lot of yall think tho

i get getting some shooting would have beeb nice but i think sometimes we get too enamored with that
russ checks a lot of boxes that the lakers have been needing to

especially for the -lebron minutes
i mean sure but then that means he should have a decent driving lane like he does in that pic

**** gonna be harder with Bron and AD on out on the floor at the same time compared to just James
If Westbrook plays smart and doesn't show he has to prove anything we'll be good. Will be interesting as he's a fun player to watch.. KD Westbrook finals would be what the NBA needs.
when lebron averages 26/7/7 while westbrook averages 19/10/10 for the season next year>>>
Not mad at Russ move. He don’t help with Lakers shooting issues but will help with grabbin boards and pushing the tempo. Just don’t let him shoot in the 4th

If I’m Bron I’m telling Russ you can get a chip if you just score 12, get 13 boards and 15 assists
All the doom & gloom is unnecessary.

Schroder played like ****. Kuzma played like ****. KCP played like ****. Drummond & Trez didn't even play. 3pt shooting was bad. We need shooters etc. etc.

But, if AD wouldn't have gotten hurt, 9/10 the Lakers are in the finals trying to repeat. I don't understand all the apprehension when in actuality the only real limitation to this team since Bron got there has been health. The rim pressure they had in 2020 was way more important than they're lack of shooting.

I been saying it for three years. I understand fit and chemistry, but talent trumps all. This was a power move. Now lets see how they fill out the rest of the roster andd enjoy the show. The trade can't be complete until the 6th. I hope that means Schroder's moving somewhere and other peices are coming in return but we;ll have to wait and see.

Honestly Pelinka/Bron/Klutch hasn't really failed yet so I don't understand the panic. Last year's moves were great too.
Let me guess without even reading Hollinger, Wizards are fantastic for getting outta salary cap hell. Show should have went for Buddy. He's been a hack. Pretty sure he trashed every move we've done over the last 2 seasons.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Right around page 4724, there's a lot of you guys deluding your cells into thinking this would work. Me and DLF DLF were the only guys who saw this trainwreck coming from the moment the trade was announced

Back
Top Bottom