**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

3C15255B-9D49-42E1-A421-59D441177444.jpeg

I don’t feel like Russ is a terrible defender, but when he does make a mistake he just does em with a capital M…in the most Westbrook way possible.

I never expected this Lakers team to be a true title contender and You all know my feelings about Russell Westbrook and this roster as a whole So nothing I'm seeing right now is surprising in any way. The only people surprised with our lackluster performance are those people who actually thought we had a chance to win big this year. This team's ceiling is a second round exit

Russ is the cap on how ever good this team can be.
Care to explain this one? So let’s say if AD and Bron are playing at best player in the world status it’s somehow Russ that’s going to prevent this team from being the best version of itself… so the health of those two will determine how great the Lakers can be imo

Last edited:
Care to explain this one? So let’s say if AD and Bron are playing at best player in the world status it’s somehow Russ that’s going to prevent this team from being the best version of itself… so the health of those two will determine how great the Lakers can be imo

Regardless of how you look at it, Russ is holding this team back.

1) Even if AD and Lebron are playing at 2020, 1st team all-NBA levels, we've still got to worry about Russ going rogue in a big spot (see the end of last game where he tried to go 1 on 3 in the clutch and lost the ball out of bounds) or playing 4 on 5 on offense when Russ is on the court because team don't defend him and he doesn't play defense (see our last game when he chose to triple team the ball handler and let his man get a layup)

2. Our highest paid player is an inefficient chucker who doesn't complement our top 2 players. Imagine what we could have done with the $44m wer'e paying Russ? 2, maybe 3, decent role players

I’m neutral on Russ… not a fan, but I don’t hate him either.

Not worried about end of game scenarios because there’s no way in hell if Bron is playing that Russ will be handling the rock down the stretch lol. Leaving Dort was a super dumb play, but outside of that his defense was fine.

Now as far as an allocation of resources, absolutely the Lakers could have spent that 40 million wiser…but how? Make the Kuz/Trez trade for Buddy, I think they still let Dennis walk (that’s what most in here wanted) so who’s the starting PG for the Lakers? And if they brought him back we’d be hearing the same complaints about pg play but maybe worse.

IMO Russ is here for quarters 1-3.5 😂 and for games when Bron needs to sit.

His decision making in critical times is an Achilles heel. Unless Vogel will bench him in the big time moments.

Back
Top Bottom