**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ killin me with these bricks

instagram videos never translate to real games smh
Lol Westbrook.

disaster artist
We gotta move Russ
god westbrook stop

LeBron and AD putting up Kobe and Shaq numbers but still can't overcome Westbrick.

I love Bron but this is ultimate on him. We didn't "lose" Caruso and KCP. They were casualties of the Russ trade that he pushed for.

Like I said earlier: the team will look way different come January. Lots of guys will be gone.

Also like I said; warriors winning. After that preseason there was 0 chance we were winning. No Nunn no Ellington no tht no ariza hurt Monk.

The Warriors are playing without Klay Thompson and Wiseman, Curry shot under 25% from the field and you talking about a bunch of fringe NBA players are the reason why the Lakers lost 😂🤦🏿‍♂️. We're in for long season, buckle up.

Last edited:
Some of the lineups tonight were baaaad. Bazemore can’t be a starter. And interior D, DJ can’t be a starter either.

AD, Bron, Baze, Bradley and Westbrook starting anyone? :smh: :lol:

Dwight, Melo, Monk, Rondo off the bench.

wum8ao51lju71.jpg

Not too worried about game 1

Even if we won that game, Rob and Vogel have a ton of work ahead of them

1) Vogel has to look in the mirror and put his big boy coaching hat on. Playing lineups with Rondo Westbrook and Melo at the same time is asking for defensive trouble. Not utilizing Bradley earlier or Reaves at all as a feisty guard who can chase Warriors guards. Playing 9 players in the first nba game. Making Russell be the corner spot up shooter lol. Playing Melo 26 mins. Playing Rondo 20 mins and playing Jordan at all. Post ups for Melo for long stretches. No Russ minutes without lebron or rondo. Using Monk as solely a spot up guy and never putting him in any actions. Like I said, lots of this is on Vogel.

2) rob has work to do bc we can’t rely on Melo to play more than 15 mins a game and we have no other back up 4. Looking for alternatives for Jordan.

2 years ago we played cook daniels and Dudley heavy minutes to start season and none of those 3 played at all after a month (2 were waived)

Takes are coming in super hot today lol

I'll say this much, if the plan was to bring in Russ to play off the ball then the Lakers should have just gotten someone who's good at that instead.

Russ was bad last night, but Vogel was even worse IMO.

Takes are coming in super hot today lol

I'll say this much, if the plan was to bring in Russ to play off the ball then the Lakers should have just gotten someone who's good at that instead.

Russ was bad last night, but Vogel was even worse IMO.
All of this

Bron, AD and Pelinka failed Vogel.
Can’t compare Bob Myers to rob. Rob only watches lakers games and looks for big names and celebrities

As for the loss. The loss was 70 percent on Vogel. He coached that game like it was game 7 of the finals. Try different things man. Get Reaves in there (he did play a **** ton in presses on for some reason). Get Bradley in there early. Put monk in son actions. Put shooters out there with Westbrook and ask him to be aggressive. Have some fun.

It was either Westbrook out there with rondo as a spot up shooter or he was allowing Melo to post up play after play after play. One of the weirdest games to watch if you ask me. Felt so odd. Felt like they were out there playing pick up.

Yall tight after 1 game right now... Can't wait to see this thread when we're 9-10 in a few weeks.

Missing 4 rotation players... Brand new team... Rotations not locked in.... and yall throwing in the towel already? :lol:

Yall tight after 1 game right now... Can't wait to see this thread when we're 9-10 in a few weeks.

Missing 4 rotation players... Brand new team... Rotations not locked in.... and yall throwing in the towel already? :lol:
No but it’s obvious that you can’t be playing rondo and Westbrook together. Most aren’t upset with missing shots, most are upset with coaching and not helping your players succeed

No but it’s obvious that you can’t be playing rondo and Westbrook together. Most aren’t upset with missing shots, most are upset with coaching and not helping your players succeed

Nah there's a sizable contingent of the fanbase that are already calling to trade Russ and swooning over the thought of Buddy Hield. Just silliness.

Nah there's a sizable contingent of the fanbase that are already calling to trade Russ and swooning over the thought of Buddy Hield. Just silliness.
Those thoughts absolutely crossed my mind too lol.

but that’s fun and fantasy.

in reality, coach did an awful job.

wouldn’t be shocked if 20 games in it’s the same ****, and Linda Rambis’ personal trainer convinces her to fire Vogel for Dantoni (not saying I’m for this)

I think the epitome of the game was Vogel freaking out and putting Bradley in at the end. I was hoping he would play more earlier instead of giving rondo 80 minutes last night. Panic move by him. He should have trotted out like 6 different lineups out there instead of being so damn stubborn. It’s one game. He has learned from mistakes in the past

Gotta deal one of these guards for a forward in December.
See my post about: team will look different come Jan.
2 years ago vs Clippers opener. We played cook, daniels and Dudley heavy. Caruso barely played.

sucks that Iggy chose Gsw. He would have been perfect along with Ariza. Hello I’d take Otto Ariza and Iggy. Wings are key if you wanna play small

Back
Top Bottom