**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ will be fine during the regular season but I’m worried about the playoffs. Especially last 5 minutes.

To be the most effective, Russ needs the ball in his hands and for the offense to revolve around him. Lebron will be lebron regardless so we should cater the offense to Russ more during the regular season.

This will work during the regular season but we all know what’s going to happen in the playoffs. We need Russ to be like a super Alex Caruso in the playoffs (playing harder than everyone else, cutting super hard, playing pass lanes, etc.). That’s really the only way I could see Russ making a positive impact in the postseason.

Melo is ok offensively but he’s soooooo bad on defense lol.

Bazemore will be nice all year long. Good player.

Russ will be fine during the regular season but I’m worried about the playoffs. Especially last 5 minutes.

To be the most effective, Russ needs the ball in his hands and for the offense to revolve around him. Lebron will be lebron regardless so we should cater the offense to Russ more during the regular season.

This will work during the regular season but we all know what’s going to happen in the playoffs. We need Russ to be like a super Alex Caruso in the playoffs (playing harder than everyone else, cutting super hard, playing pass lanes, etc.). That’s really the only way I could see Russ making a positive impact in the postseason.

Melo is ok offensively but he’s soooooo bad on defense lol.

Bazemore will be nice all year long. Good player.

This has always been an issue with Westbrook. Remember how we guarded him in the bubble in 2020? Down the stretch, we literally didn't guard him in the half court because he's a poor shooter and doesn't move without the ball. The issue coaches have had throughout Westbrook's career is they don't have the clout or backbone to just bench him in key moments because he is a max level "star". Teams with literally rather play four on five in the half court then just bench and ineffective player.

This is all on the coaching staff to figure out ways to allow Russell to be effective while still playing his game.

That's what these coaches get paid the big bucks to do.

Roster talent is there...on paper. Time for the coaches to execute

36 percent is great for the lakers. He won’t or shouldn’t find himself in that situation often. So if he so happens to find himself WIDE open after Lebron drives in and kicks it out to monk and his man runs to monk leaving Westbrook open and with the ball with 5 secs on the shot clock- you absolutely should have him take that shot. Don’t want him hesitating.

wanna know what’s worse than a really bad shooter. A bad shooter who is absolutely wide open that also refuses to shoot.
He’s an nba player. If he is WIDE open, he has to shoot. Absolutely has to. It’s common sense 101 in basketball. Not saying take it when there’s 19 seconds on shotclot. But catch and shoot for him will be sitstions where shot clock is <8 seconds anyways since the ball woulda touched AD and or Lebrons hand first

Also notice how I said “good shot for him”

implying that most his shots outside of paint suck so if it’s only catch and shoot 3s and paint shots, I’ll take it.

It’s called damage control

Didn't see any bad 3s last night he just missed them. A couple of the drives were weird though he just lost the ball going up.

Didn't see any bad 3s last night he just missed them. A couple of the drives were weird though he just lost the ball going up.
Ya not terrible. The one corner three where he was sliding was pretty bad but not his fault. They had 3 Jon shooters out there so he prob shoulda never even been in that sitstion (he shoulda been the driver not rondo)

He just needs to be aggressive and drive in. He use to school kuzma driving in lol

F127A2C7-8B26-4AF5-956D-C9FE69C69AEB.jpeg

pelinka da goat

like I said two days ago:

monk
Nunn
Ellington
jordan
And maybe melo

will not be on this team come Feb

Back
Top Bottom