**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I got a feeling opening night gonna be ugly for the Lakers, who have no rhythm, continuity, or on court cohesion whatsoever.

Splash Bros and Co gonna come out firing.

ipgqwbbk04t71.jpg

I knew I would hate Westbrook on this team :lol: :smh:

We will be fine. Westbrook just needs to be aggressive. He’s trying too hard to be pass first. Once he finds that balance. Team will be much much better.

anyhow still fun to wonder:
guards: Rondo, Hield, KCP, Caruso,Monk, another pg
Wings: THT, porter jr, lebron, ariza, melo (although not a big fan of him hijacking Bazemore
Bigs: AD Howard jones

4 trade assets in hield Caruso tht and kcp along with 22nd pick (54 million in salary on good

Guards: two elite defenders
Wings: can pair lebron eith baze or ariza or porter jr and not lose any defense.

Westbrook gotta be aggressive offensively and go on a dubking spree and stop looking to pass so much. Hell have an open layup but pass it out.

Last edited:
I knew I would hate Westbrook on this team :lol: :smh:

I hated us getting him. I've just resigned myself to it now; we just need to get ready for the Westbrook experience. Those of you who thought he was capable of changing his ways are delusional ("he's going to listen to Lebron now, he'll be a brand new player!"). He's going to make some amazing plays but he's also going to take ill-advised decisions, shoot us out of games, turn the ball over at a historic clip and not play defense. He's also proven to be one of the worst playoff superstars ever. Just buckle your seatbelts.

I hated us getting him. I've just resigned myself to it now; we just need to get ready for the Westbrook experience. Those of you who thought he was capable of changing his ways are delusional ("he's going to listen to Lebron now, he'll be a brand new player!"). He's going to make some amazing plays but he's also going to take ill-advised decisions, shoot us out of games, turn the ball over at a historic clip and not play defense. He's also proven to be one of the worst playoff superstars ever. Just buckle your seatbelts.
Delusional you say?

I haven’t seen preseason games analyzed so heavy like this in a while . In the media and here of course :lol:

Russ is turnover prone but he's not this turnover prone. He's still gonna give it up 4-5 times a game. But right now he's at like 12 per 36 :lol:. That's gonna level out.

Reaves is legit. Will make people forget about Caruso. He'll be the backup 1 no later than next season

Russ is turnover prone but he's not this turnover prone. He's still gonna give it up 4-5 times a game. But right now he's at like 12 per 36 :lol:. That's gonna level out.

Reaves is legit. Will make people forget about Caruso. He'll be the backup 1 no later than next season
I understand there is rust, but I want to know what Russ does in the off season that makes him look so god awful come game time. :lol:

Yes its preseason...but man...Russ doesn't fit.

I hope it changes the more games we play, but right now that move is looking bad.

Vogel getting a first hand account at difficult is going to be wedging Westbrook into the offense.

I mean…Caruso wasn’t a great shooter either and it worked.
Just pretend Westbrook is Caruso and we are good. Ad gotta play better and Russ gotta look to score on his drives

It's clear to me why Vogel said he didn't like the spacing at times when AD plays center.

It's cause 75% of the time AD plays outside the paint and he always hovering in the perimeter lol.

AD needs to get his soft *** inside and learn something from Pau Gasol if he wants to get his jersey retired.

When DJ or DH sharing the floor with AD, the center is constantly setting picks then rolling to the rim, allowing AD to live in the perimeter and in the pinch post, where he is seemingly most comfortable.

The problem ain't Russ imo when it comes to spacing on offense, it's AD. He needs to start from inside-out when he is playing the 5.

It's clear to me why Vogel said he didn't like the spacing at times when AD plays center.

It's cause 75% of the time AD plays outside the paint and he always hovering in the perimeter lol.

AD needs to get his soft *** inside and learn something from Pau Gasol if he wants to get his jersey retired.

With DJ or DH sharing the floor with AD, the center is setting picks then rolling to the rim, allowing AD to live in the perimeter and in the pinch post, where seemingly is most comfortable.
Ya a lot of this is on AD. Soft *** *****

I mean Russ played with Roberson and Adams and was winning 50 games by himself.
If Vogel doesn’t like the spacing it’s on his sorry *** offensive coaching

This is why DJ is going to start at the 5 and will remain the starting center all year unless he is hurt.

AD ain't no center. He's a PF-slash-big SF. So was 6'9" James Worthy and we all know Big Game was a terror in the low post as well as in the triple threat position cause he could take you off the dribble with that crazy quick first step. And if Big Game needed to play physical and bang, he could do that as well. Just ask the Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics.

AD got a lot to learn before he can be what we know he can be.

Russ doesn't help the spacing when his man is abandoning him to double AD. At one point Vogel had rondo and Russ in there so he can kinda blame himself for that. As soon as Russ went out AD was in the paint every time down because Bron and Rondo were finding him early. When they did double Rondo knocked down the open 3. Russ will find his chemistry with AD as the year goes on

This is why DJ is going to start at the 5 and will remain the starting center all year unless he is hurt.

I'll definitely put $200 on that

Russ doesn't help the spacing when his man is abandoning him to double AD. At one point Vogel had rondo and Russ in there so he can kinda blame himself for that. As soon as Russ went out AD was in the paint every time down because Bron and Rondo were finding him early. When they did double Rondo knocked down the open 3. Russ will find his chemistry with AD as the year goes on

I'll definitely put $200 on that
If Russ' man is doubling him and Russ is twiddling his thumbs and ain't cutting to the basket, then we have a problem.

Hopefully Russ will eventually start knocking down his open shots so the man defending him stays honest.

Even still, doesn't change the fact AD lives in the perimeter 75% of the time whether or not Russ is in the game, which ultimately causes spacing issues when AD plays the 5.

So you tryna go with the original bet then?

Original bet was....
You say AD starts at center opening night
I say DJ or DH starts at center opening night

Back
Top Bottom