**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The look of a future Laker:

View media item 2324568

Whip right now

a75ccae3e954e109b3a75e439081d7ed.504x504x1.jpg

:lol: DLo played only 19 mins and was better than DRose
Who said we should trade for DRose?

Lakers looking real good against New York. Makes Phil want some of these pieces even more.

Great win for this team. We bout to go to the Motor City and go get another W.

Or not.

Last edited:
So you think it was a coincidence that Luke all of a sudden out of nowhere decides to bench Moz and Deng and next thing you know the Lakers play one of their most complete games of the year against a team that barely lost to the world champs by 7 points on Saturday and got a W on the road three days prior to that?

Your expensive free agent acquisitions being benched halfway through year 1 is not a good look for the FO

Hopefully we can move one of them but those contracts will be hard to trade

So....Magic and Luke speak on the phone PRIOR TO the Lakers game against the Knicks...

Mike Trudell: Walton spoke with Magic on the phone today. Said it was great. Magic is all in, ready to grind, get the Lakers back where they wanna be.

– via  TwitterLakersReporter

THEN....as if like magic...POOF! Deng and Mozgov disappear from the starting lineup against the Knicks. Lakers proceed to look real good on the court in front of Phil Jackson, who's been aggressively trying to deal Carmelo the last week or so. The doormat Lakers out of nowhere BLOW OUT the Knicks, surprising everyone including the Knicks fans who booed their team countless times tonight. 

Did Magic somehow suggest Luke consider going with a different starting lineup, perhaps because Magic has something in store for the upcoming weeks? The next game against Detroit may reveal a clue. Will Black and Ingram start once again versus the Pistons? If Moz and/or Deng are back in the starting lineup against DET, does it mean there was a specific reason Luke benched the two veterans ONLY against the Knicks? On the other hand, if Luke continues to bench Deng and Mozgov, does that mean the Lakers are looking to deal one or both of them?

The next two and a half weeks are going to be the most exciting period for the Lakers this entire season.

On another note, Luke said after the game, "I still want him [DLo] to push the ball faster." But how can DLo do this when his game is not made and designed to go fast? 

I called it pregame
This had Magic's fingerprints all over it
He is all about developing the young guys

It could be Luke wanted this all along but felt pressure to start the expensive FA signings, and is now empowered by Magic

Last edited:
Meanwhile, it's being reported by ESPN that the Knicks will be interested in signing Derrick Williams after the Heat are reportedly going to waive him. Why the heck would the Knicks be interested in signing Williams when they already have Anthony, Porzingis, Kuzminskas, and Lance Thomas all capable of easily playing the SF/PF position, which is the position Williams plays? Hmmm.....................................maybe a spot will open up real soon. LOL

Ian Begley: If forward Derrick Williams clears waivers, it’s worth noting that he still has some fans in the Knicks organization. Williams was with the Knicks in 2015-16 and signed with Miami over the summer, declining a player option to remain in New York. He will he waived by Miami, according to multiple reports.  Sources say the Knicks will indeed have some interest in Williams if he clears waivers. The club, of course, will have to waive a player to make room for Williams.

– via  ESPN

I called it pregame
This had Magic's fingerprints all over it
He is all about developing the young guys

It could be Luke wanted this all along but felt pressure to start the expensive FA signings, and is now empowered by Magic
Could very well be true. Magic will be that go-between that Luke needs.

It's clear Magic absolutely loves Ingram and Zubac. 

Another thing of note - Nance played 30 minutes tonight and had a double-double, a dunk that energized the team, and three steals. Randle, meanwhile, played only 17 minutes, had only two rebounds, and fouled out despite 14 points. Something is not right with this picture and I don't want to hear the excuse that Randle is still ill. 

Now there's a scoop. Knicks will waive melo to sign Derrick williams
LMAO....Waive Melo? hahahaha, who in their right mind would waive a Carmelo Anthony?! Funniest thing I've heard in weeks. But I get it, you're not thinking hard enough. So allow me to assist...

Knicks will TRADE Melo, which in turn will open up a roster spot AT SMALL FORWARD for Williams. Knicks would then waive a player or two who play a different position (e.g, Ron Baker, Marshall Plumlee, Justin Holiday, Sasha Vujacic) in order to accommodate Williams.

It's clear the element of critical thinking is lacking big time on these threads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom