**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’m not worried about refs and calls. That’s for the talking heads to fill their tv/radio segments

just play good D, hit open shots, get rebounds and play with energy

we got this

People complaining about the Bron block no call when it wasn’t even as bad as this lol
F83F83AD-18CE-43FD-A529-4983DF885F39.png

bron was better about attacking tonight tho and he did finally get some calls he deserved but this was a no call lol so he still getting robbed of calls

certain it messes with his head. He still has to pick his attacks better tho. That mid range pull up with Jokic switch when he had 5 fouls was inexcusable

I'm probably wrong but all this talk from the Denver players and coaches seems to signal them being shook. I mean you played great all game and if you just don't give up 3 straight offensive boards on 3 laker misses, you get 3 more chances to score off of stops. yet all they can conclude was the refs screwed them. Lets hope thats the case.

This summer we absolutely have to make sure NOT to trade Green to a contender bc lord knows he will average 15 pts on 45 percent from 3s next year. Send him to Washington

I'm probably wrong but all this talk from the Denver players and coaches seems to signal them being shook. I mean you played great all game and if you just don't give up 3 straight offensive boards on 3 laker misses, you get 3 more chances to score off of stops. yet all they can conclude was the refs screwed them. Lets hope thats the case.
Because this game was good enough to win them 6 doen 1/3 to both utah and clippers

Murray was on another world lol

Im rewatching some of the game right now and I randomly started the game at the 1:49 minute mark in the 3rd. Lakers are up 85-76.

1) rondo pick and roll takes horrible off balance jumper with time on the clock. 0 passes. AD never touched ball.
2) rondo turnover. again AD never touched ball
3) missed 3 by AD - good shot. clean look.
THen to start the 4th we go with our HORRIBLE line up that Vogel seems to love (AC, green, kuzma, lebron, Morris).
4) Morris offensive foul
5) Lakers shot clock violation

Lead now down to 1.

We had so many of these little stretches where we would take the lead - then just stop playing our game and do extra stuff for no reason. AD never touched the ball on any of these plays. That was one of the most stressful games ever.
We toying with em. I Realize we can flip switch at any time

Gotta pray Miami closes out this series. If not it’s gonna be “i’m already in bed and now i’m laying here and realized i forgot to turn out the lights and i don’t wanna get up.” or they gonna play with the damn switch a lot

Miami has had stretches where they can’t buy a basket and look lost.

Boston combo of Walker/Tatum/Brown had proven to be big

Gotta pray Miami closes out this series. If not it’s gonna be “i’m already in bed and now i’m laying here and realized i forgot to turn out the lights and i don’t wanna get up.” or they gonna play with the damn switch a lot

You know

I spent all seeding games looking at nba scores to try to get matchups I thought we would want...

Then we got Portland and I was scared. Stupid me

Then I surely thought Houston would be super tough for us. Again stupid me

when clippers lost I thought...YES it’s our title to lose

Then I saw how damn good the Nuggets are and I’m like ****. clippers probably would have been easiier

I’ve stopped “hoping for opponent X” and just trust the team and shut the the **** up lol

I did the same in 2004 when I wanted Detroit bc I thought pacers were better. YA how did that work out for us. :frown:

We match up better with Miami for sure. They don't have any amazing guards (Tyler Herro going nuclear notwithstanding) and their offense tends to bog down quite a bit. Miami would definitely be the weakest offensive team we've played in the playoffs. That being said, they have bodies to throw at LeBron and they have probably the best defender for AD in the league in Bam. I think we would win but it would be a low scoring, grind it out, defensive series.

I think Boston would be an easier opponent cause they absolutely got nobody to come even remotely close to matching up with AD whereas Bam imho would make AD work double time.

We can easily match Brown, Tatum, and Kemba with our set of wing defenders and guards plus Bron.

Plus Mia is better defensively than Boston and has a much much better and PROVEN coach.

The Heat are dangerous. And like Delusional said, it would remind me of DET in 04, who had the bigs (Sheed, Big Ben Wallace, Okur, Elden Campbell) to throw at Shaq. Boston has no bigs of significance

i’m not surprised we getting the refs excuse was non-existent the first 2 rounds and ALL OF A SUDDEN.

What happened to Blazers/Houston was supposed to beat us energy and lakers aren’t better than the clippers etc

I think Boston would be an easier opponent cause they absolutely got nobody to come even remotely close to matching up with AD whereas Bam imho would make AD work double time.

We can easily match Brown, Tatum, and Kemba with our set of wing defenders and guards plus Bron.

Plus Mia is better defensively than Boston and has a much much better and PROVEN coach.

The Heat are dangerous. And like Delusional said, it would remind me of DET in 04, who had the bigs (Sheed, Big Ben Wallace, Okur, Elden Campbell) to throw at Shaq. Boston has no bigs of significance
Before the Conference Finals, I would've preferred Miami over Boston. Didn't like matching up with Boston's athleticism.

Reactions: DLF

Shaq dominated the pistons tho

I think even getting past the Nuggets will be very tough at this point so I don’t even wanna think about the east teams. But I did watch their game the other day and I was not impressed with either team. I think that the Celtics tall wings can give us trouble. But then again who is Kemba gonna guard LeBron?

I think it’s all about us. If we play our game it don’t matter who we play

if we don’t then we wouldn’t even be able to beat the freaking Kings.

Shaq dominated the pistons tho
His numbers looked good but I think they bothered him enough and threw enough bodies at him to make him ineffective on D and at getting the others involved like he did the previous titles. In the 04 playoffs, Shaq averaged 13.2 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, and 2.5 assists. Against DET he averaged only 10.8 boards, 0.6 blocks, and 1.5 assists. His overall effectiveness was neutralized big time and we all know he wasn't the same Shaq against DET because of Detroit's defense on him that series. Frankly, I remember being so upset watching Shaq in that series because he was nowhere near dominant.

Last edited:
Before the Conference Finals, I would've preferred Miami over Boston. Didn't like matching up with Boston's athleticism.
Imho, Boston's athleticism is overrated because it only extends to the wings. They have nobody athletic enough to defend the paint which is why I think Boston is down 1-3 despite having numerous leads throughout the series. Athleticism means nothing imo if you cant play defense and get stops when it matters most, especially deep in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom