**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Damn I actually thought they had chance tonight :smh:

We are aware of the tank process
Go up 3 and can only score 4 within the span of 5 minutes

Not saying the Knicks would entertain Whip's trade but offering Melo for Love when they have Porzingis shows they're down to be dumb

It's a sad day when the 76ers' future looks brighter than ours

They are rollin right now, on a run that a Laker team hasn't been on for 6-7 years

Lonzo Ball 15 pts, 10 reb, and 7 big turnovers in a big-time rivalry game and his #8 ranked Bruins lose against the unranked Trojans. LOL

No thanks. Ball ain't gonna be as good as people think he will be.

Luke Walton said recently he doesn't believe in tanking just to get draft picks and neither do I.

He doesn't have to believe it. They'll be bad enough with or without his cooperation. Management is the only ones that really control that anyway.

They won't be bad enough if Mitch and Jim sense their jobs are on the line and pull off one of these to save the Doormat Lakers from further embarrassment of epic proportions:

I'm okay with this, but I'd really like Ben McLemore back as well, as means to get us to trade Lou Will, and give a guy the Kings are going to cut loose a chance.

Any trade we make is to accomplish some things, because if we lose, it's just going to happen, we're not in a position to rattle off more than a dozen or so wins in any trade we make, or if we stayed the same.
1. Clear out some of the contracts we have
2. Get some players back who are expiring or that we could get rid of.
3. Get rid of players that won't help us win. (Luol, unless Nance were to be traded, and Deng can get 20 minutes at the 4... But that's not happening....Lou, who isn't a good fit with Clarkson or Nick, and I prefer those 2 who will play within the offense more often than Lou does, also Clarkson is 7 years younger than Lou)
4. Get rid of players that won't be here long term (Black, he will unfortunately be a cap casualty... He pretty much has to, if not after this season, after next, there's no way around it)
5. Bring back players that will help out the Lakers rotation in the future

Lakers get: Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, 2018 2nd swap from Portland
Kings get: Luol Deng, Marcelo Huertas

*Rudy is gone after the season, Ben McLemore isn't likely to stay with the Kings, he's busted at this point, unless he gets to a new team with a new opportunity.

Timberwolves get: Lou Williams, Tarik Black, Jose Calderon, 2018 2nd from Denver
Lakers get: Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, Jordan Hill

Out of all the people we traded for
- Ben McLemore likely gone (RFA)
- Nikola Pekovic retires
- Rudy Gay likely looks for a long term deal at whatever cost to get money before he has to play
- Jordan Hill you let his contract lapse, it's nonguaranteed

Then going into 2017 free agency

PG: Russell, Rubio
SG: Clarkson
SF: Ingram
PF: Randle, Nance
C: Mozgov, Zubac

with Ben Mc's QO & Nick's player option, we have the ability to chase a max player, and a cheap big (or if we let both of them go, max player + $15mil).. Or punt it to 2018 for a max player + $20mil dollars on top.

Can chase Heyward & Noel in July....

And even if you miss out on both, sign some 1 year fillers (SG, SF, C), come back with that space in 2018, and open up $10mil more by stretching Mozgov

Last edited:

They won't be bad enough if Mitch and Jim sense their jobs are on the line and pull off one of these to save the Doormat Lakers from further embarrassment of epic proportions:
Bruh

MELO IS NOT WAVING HIS NTC FOR THE LAKERS

you gotta chill with this
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom