**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You call essential's proposals ridiculous but think Melo, would waive his NTC for this version of the Lakers

Like come on man
laugh.gif
At first look, I was thinking the same thing. But the more I thought about it, the more I think it's a possibility. It all boils down to which players Phil would ask for and if Mitch is willing to part with those players, and if there's any truth to Charley Rosen's report that Melo would consider waiving his no-trade clause to play for the Lakers, among two other teams.

Last edited:
Only choices the Lakers really has is through trades and homegrown talent. They already had a hard time selling to free agents and now with the new CBA paying home stars way more, stars are not going to pass up that massive amount of money. Aside from that with social media the way it is now they can't really sell free agents on the glamour of Hollywood and the city of LA and such like they used to.

Oh that's right...because the Lakers rarely do mid-season acquisitions 

3 outta the last 4 years they've done nothing. Biggest move since this rebuild started was acquiring Kent Bazemore. The kinds of blockbuster trades you keep babbling about haven't happened mid season since Pau almost a decade ago, so again you're delusional with this Melo, Butler nonsense. If they do make a move it'll be to sell off Lou & Young to expedite the tank, we ain't acquiring no star in return.

Last edited:
We have a **** contract... You need to move a **** contract, to do so you MUST attach it with a good player, and picks, and take a **** sandwich in return.

You're not going to win a trade when you're trying to get rid of Deng or Mozgov.

Nobody wants Sessions, Hibbert and whatever in return, but to move Moz or Deng that's what you take. I don't want Sessions, I don't want Hibbert, but it's what's best to move on, and they are 2 month placeholders and you drop them at the end of the season, or in some cases end of next season.

That's a ridiculous scenario...

But Melo waive your No Trade Clause from a terrible team with no future of contending in the time you're there, to go to a team that just traded their star away. Don't worry Melo, you have Wade's corpse and maybe Chris Bosh who legitimately could die at any time if he gets on the court... Also, yay Bulls you trade a much younger star in Butler because you don't think you can win with him for Carmelo who is an aging star on the decline who has never won anything... Also good for you Lakers, you traded "a bust" and a bad contract, and somehow get a star.

Yet, my idea is a ridiculous scenario. :rofl:

Last edited:
Wonder how long it will take for people to really start questioning luke's leadership, i like the structure he has implemented and the identity he has given to this team on offense, but i question some of his rotations, overall i think he will be good if he can get these guys to start playing team D

Wonder how long it will take for people to really start questioning luke's leadership, i like the structure he has implemented and the identity he has given to this team on offense, but i question some of his rotations, overall i think he will be good if he can get these guys to start playing team D

Rotations is really the biggest problem.. Only so much you can do with the roster we have, we are too young and inexperienced, and our veterans are not good enough to help when our young guys have bad nights.

But realistically, he's improving the team which is all that counts.

Last edited:
those **** contracts were JUST handed out like 6 months ago. We need to really start putting the blame on our management's shoulders for giving out these stupid deals in the first place, where we end up begging them to trade these contracts 6 months after they're signed.

It's crazy. No other team wants to pay Deng $18 M per year for 3.5 more year when he has shown this year already that he is garbage.

Rotations is really the biggest problem.. Only so much you can do with the roster we have, we are too young and inexperienced, and our veterans are not good enough to help when our young guys have bad nights.

But realistically, he's improving the team which is all that counts.
this is all that matters

some of us thought 25 wins was a doable

some of us thought 30 was a huge reach

we're on pace for 28 (iirc from a previous post) 

its a process

this is all that matters

some of us thought 25 wins was a doable

some of us thought 30 was a huge reach

we're on pace for 28 (iirc from a previous post) 

its a process
Maybe it's recency bias with me, but 28 wins seems like a huge stretch right now, especially if they unload Nick and / or Lou.

Maybe it's recency bias with me, but 28 wins seems like a huge stretch right now, especially if they unload Nick and / or Lou.

I think I predicted 25 to start the season, think that is almost spot on now. And not really that impressive of an improvement honestly since Byron was worth 5 extra losses or whatever was said last year. So to have only a "3" game improvement is an abject failure this year, but keeping the pick is all that matters now.

I thought we would win at least 27-32 with Luke...

So even though we have improved as a team I'm still pretty disappointed :frown:

Last edited:
I had us at 23 wins before the season. :wow:

Where are the predictions at? Maybe mine wasn't at 25.
Probably earlier in this thread. I thought you were 24? You had a win or two more than me.

Edit:

It might have been in the off season thread from over the summer.

Look at this:
I think 16, 4 and 5 is realistic for DLo.
I thought I had higher expectations for D'Lo (stat wise) but I guess I was being cautious.

Last edited:
I thought with Luke we'd be pushing the ball A LOT this year and moving the ball like crazy

Weird how that hasn't happened

I thought with Luke we'd be pushing the ball A LOT this year and moving the ball like crazy

Weird how that hasn't happened
The team is sixth in pace thanks to the second unit since the starters are more methodical more often than not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom