**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm all for moving Lou, I think him and Clarkson are repetitive, although at this point in their career Lou is a better player.

I'd be hesitant in moving Deng, I think he serves a purpose for the team, he is one of the few defensive minded players, although he has taken a step back this year. He is also a respectable veteran player who can be a great leader for Ingram.

However if there is a trade to get Rubio without giving up our core i'm all for it. Rubio would be amazing on this team

EDIT: I however believe none of this will happen. Lakers will be competitive some nights, and horrible others, we'll end up with like the 7th worst record in the league and lose their pick. This offseason however needs to be focused on improving our players and not free agency. We can't complain we got 2 number 2 draft picks, and Randle who was lottery, plus players like Zubac, Clarkson, and Nance. The core is here they just need to develop.

Last edited:
I'm all for moving Lou, I think him and Clarkson are repetitive, although at this point in their career Lou is a better player.

I'd be hesitant in moving Deng, I think he serves a purpose for the team, he is one of the few defensive minded players, although he has taken a step back this year. He is also a respectable veteran player who can be a great leader for Ingram.

However if there is a trade to get Rubio without giving up our core i'm all for it. Rubio would be amazing on this team

If you keep Deng, which is fine... You have to figure out how to unload Mozgov..

Can eat 1 of the 2 contracts, can't eat them both

I mean maybe if you throw Lou & Tarik to the Wolves with Moz, maybe that gets you Rubio.. But again they are looking for a PG, and all we have after Russell is Calderon

Last edited:
If you keep Deng, which is fine... You have to figure out how to unload Mozgov..

Can eat 1 of the 2 contracts, can't eat them both

I much rather move Moz, I think the drop off between him and say Black and Zubac isn't that drastic.

However, everyone knows these deals for Deng or Moz are bad, if we know, the fans, you don't think GM's know?

There aren't anymore Mark Cuban and Isiah Thomas' out there shelling out all this money, GM's have smartened up.

I much rather move Moz, I think the drop off between him and say Black and Zubac isn't that drastic.

However, everyone knows these deals for Deng or Moz are bad, if we know, the fans, you don't think GM's know?

There aren't anymore Mark Cuban and Isiah Thomas' out there shelling out all this money, GM's have smartened up.

Russian Nesting Doll it.. :lol:

Keep trying to trade down in salaries by a couple mil at a time, until you get to a number contract that you can stomach

Best answer I got for a dumb team owner is Michael Jordan

Moz, Lou, TRob, 3 - 2nd Rounders, They can also have the option to swap their 2020 1st with ours

for some Former Lakers who didn't make it

Sessions, Hibbert, Bellineli & Hawes

Sessions we can decline his Team Option, Hibbert is a 1 year, Bellineli & Hawes have 1 year left after the season, Hawes shouldn't be hard to trade.. Bellineli is a good end of the bench player for injury fill ins.

Last edited:
raw

Wasn't a big part of Deng and Mosgov coming here supposed to be about them providing leadership and mentorship? If yet ain't doing a bit of that then what the hell are we paying them 130 million for?

We really need to drop both remaining contests vs Phoenix. They've been trending upwards though.

Package Lou with Luol..... To get rid of Luol that's what you need to do.

There's a few scenarios there for the Kings & TWolves that are too good to pass up.

Deng & Lou
-for-
Rudy Gay & Aaron Afflalo & Right to Swap 2021 First Round Picks (Top 7 protected for Kings)

Lou >>> Afflalo.. They will get nothing out of Rudy who likely goes somewhere else. Kings also should and need to make a playoff push.

We get out of Deng's contract, Rudy will opt out, Afflalo we decline his 2nd year, it's a non-guaranteed contract... That's $25mil off the cap that we opened up.

Then look for a team with a comparable Center salary on 1 less year, and a prospect are out there that we can tag a non- DAR, BI, JR, LNJ prospect on top of Mozgov... A more daunting task. Wizards are a team with both though

View media item 2308877

All these trade scenarios that will never happen....

Y'all realize Mitch signed Lou to 3 years knowing damn well he wanted to extend JC too? We may think they are redundant but management obviously doesn't

Last edited:
I'm not a firm believer in tanking as it puts that losing mindset in to young players but after today that's probably the best option for the team. They need to just play out all the young guys for 30-35 min bench the veterans and see how that goes. They need to keep the lottery pick this year so they can get a top 3 player or use it as trade bait and so they will be able to keep their other pick from 2019. It's not looking so bright these days in Lakerland :smh:

All these trade scenarios that will never happen....

Y'all realize Mitch signed Lou to 3 years knowing damn well he wanted to extend JC too? We may think they are redundant but management obviously doesn't
They're all to blame. I can't stress this enough and Mamba knows too. Jim knows DAMN well in regards to stepping down. ALL of us know DAMN well that Kobe didn't need that big contract that affected us in FA. These moves are obvious. Kobe wanted to leave and LAL wanted to keep him as a business move, not a championship move to bring in other players. BOS is an example of how they were able to be stable after their core left. This is atrocious. It's lame what US fans have to put up with but hey, its all water under the bridge. We have to ride it out. 

What sux is that no good free agent will want to come here after a tank season.

Trades and drafting well is the only way we get out of this mess, and the latter will take 3 more years at least

Package Lou with Luol..... To get rid of Luol that's what you need to do.

There's a few scenarios there for the Kings & TWolves that are too good to pass up.

Deng & Lou
-for-
Rudy Gay & Aaron Afflalo & Right to Swap 2021 First Round Picks (Top 7 protected for Kings)

Lou >>> Afflalo.. They will get nothing out of Rudy who likely goes somewhere else. Kings also should and need to make a playoff push.

We get out of Deng's contract, Rudy will opt out, Afflalo we decline his 2nd year, it's a non-guaranteed contract... That's $25mil off the cap that we opened up.

Then look for a team with a comparable Center salary on 1 less year, and a prospect are out there that we can tag a non- DAR, BI, JR, LNJ prospect on top of Mozgov... A more daunting task. Wizards are a team with both though
What's the point in trading players just to open all this cap space when the Lakers are no longer a destination that free agents want to go to (remember all of you who love to say "we're not the Lakers of yesteryear")?

Don't you think Mitch has learned his lesson the last couple years when he realized no top free agent stars want to come to Los Angeles because they don't have a playoff contender?

So what point is it in trading assets for NOTHING, when you already know "cap space" is no longer a luxury the Lakers utilize to the max??

Russian Nesting Doll it..
laugh.gif

Keep trying to trade down in salaries by a couple mil at a time, until you get to a number contract that you can stomach

Best answer I got for a dumb team owner is Michael Jordan

Moz, Lou, TRob, 3 - 2nd Rounders, They can also have the option to swap their 2020 1st with ours

for some Former Lakers who didn't make it

Sessions, Hibbert, Bellineli & Hawes

Sessions we can decline his Team Option, Hibbert is a 1 year, Bellineli & Hawes have 1 year left after the season, Hawes shouldn't be hard to trade.. Bellineli is a good end of the bench player for injury fill ins.
Ridiculous scenarios, you're out of your mind.

Take back guys such as Hibbert, Sessions, and you even mentioned reuniting Swaggy with Jordan Hill LMFAO

You must believe in your over-analyzing basketball.reference mind of yours that Kupchak thinks Lakers fans are stupid and will appreciate Hibbert, Hill, and/or Sessions coming back.

roll.gif

What sux is that no good free agent will want to come here after a tank season.

Trades and drafting well is the only way we get out of this mess, and the latter will take 3 more years at least
i agree with what you're saying. Imagine. Aldrige gave LAL to pitch him TWICE and he didnt buy. That just shows a lot. I'm not too worried though, our time will come. We're just spoiled for what the media has made us. We're not used to seeing how this unit us performing because of how the media has shaped us. It'll mesh and whether its Dlo or not, we"ll come through. We always come back the LAL way.

Take back guys such as Hibbert, Sessions, and you even mentioned reuniting Swaggy with Jordan Hill LMFAO

You must believe in your over-analyzing basketball.reference mind of yours that Kupchak thinks Lakers fans are stupid and will appreciate Hibbert, Hill, and/or Sessions coming back.

roll.gif
YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY THAT MELO WILL COME TO LAL! BET YOUR 200K IN VEGAS ON THAT! **** WITH THAT. You make me want to throw up!

Y'all wanna know what Mitch needs to do, especially if they want to attract future free agents?

Go have Jeanie call Phil, get on the phone with Gar Forman and orchestrate a three-team trade between three teams who suck ballz, sending Carmelo to Chicago so Melo can team up with D-Wade, sending Jimmy Butler (who's been heavily rumored over the last year to being shopped) and Rondo to Los Angeles, and shipping DLo and Deng to New York so Porzingis can instantly be featured 100% of the time.

Oh btw....there are rumors within the Bulls organization that they plan to sign Chris Bosh (for next season) after Miami is expected to waive Bosh after March 1. Wade has said he doesn't want to play for a team full of 21-year olds and doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process in Chicago. Forman, if he wants to keep Wade, can do so by teaming Carmelo with Wade as well as the potential of a Wade-Anthony-Bosh triumvirate if Bosh's doctors clear him to play next year.

roll.gif
YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY THAT MELO WILL COME TO LAL! BET YOUR 200K IN VEGAS ON THAT! **** WITH THAT. You make me want to throw up!
Read my previous comment above. Lakers can go after either Melo or Butler.

And since you wanna talk $$$$....

I'll bet you a stack DLo ain't gonna be a Laker by the time his rookie contract expires. You game?

Last edited:

I'll bet you a stack DLo ain't gonna be a Laker by the time his rookie contract expires. You game?
BRO! I'm not talking about D'lo. I'm talking about your RIDICULOUS scenario in getting Melo. I highly doubt Butler wants to come, since he has Rondo and Dwade. Why does he want to go on a team to a younger core? I see your point with the FO making stupid moves, but that doesn't mean that the players you mentioned will be doing what you're saying. Where is your source?

BRO! I'm not talking about D'lo. I'm talking about your RIDICULOUS scenario in getting Melo. I highly doubt Butler wants to come, since he has Rondo and Dwade. Why does he want to go on a team to a younger core? I see your point with the FO making stupid moves, but that doesn't mean that the players you mentioned will be doing what you're saying. Where is your source?
Melo or Jimmy coming to LAL is a possibility whether you think it's ridiculous or not...you better believe two of the most ACTIVE teams in the trade market prior to the deadline will be CHI and NY. This is the perfect opportunity for Mitch and Jim to swoop in and make a statement to their fans because this Lakers team as currently constructed ain't gonna cut it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...wade-bulls-rebuild/11awt1mbzj3h91qxskdqoq41ez

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...nsider-reuniting-chris-bosh-with-dwyane-wade/

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/20/chris-bosh-bulls-heat-comeback-contract-rumors

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/disappointing-season-has-front-office-shopping-mirotic-and-rondo/

Enjoy!

Last edited:
You call essential's proposals ridiculous but think Melo, would waive his NTC for this version of the Lakers

Like come on man
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom