**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

No. Just like Vanessa not having said anything (for obvious reasons) they were his family. Not in a figurative way but in a real real way. Rob was Gigi’s godfather for heavens sake. They probably haven’t even left their homes yet.

Momo on ESPN LA 710 AM this morning was saying out of respect for the family they want to handle it the right way like Kobe would have wanted it done. But Momo says she spoke to Linda Rambis yesterday and another close personal friend of Jeanie's and she was saying she knows that Rob Pelinka and Jeanie were with Vanessa at Kobe's Newport Kobe Inc offices yesterday.

Last edited:
Momo on ESPN LA 710 AM this morning was saying out of respect for the family they want to handle it the right was like Kobe would have wanted it done. But Momo says she spoke to Linda Rambis yesterday and another close personal friend of Jeanie's and she was saying she knows that Rob Pelinka and Jeanie were with Vanessa at Kobe's Newport Kobe Inc offices yesterday.
Funny Momo said that bc as soon as I posted I thought “ya I’m sure Jeanie and pelinka are at Kobe’s house with Vanessa”. This is different.

cdy0c2ihodd41.jpg

Man I lived Kobe's career since summer 1996 after the Lakers traded Divac for his draft rights.

I can't bring myself to watch any of his games. I get emotional and break down when I see pics, read article in the media etc lately.

I've been to so many Laker games the past 20 years at Staples Center. All of my family and friends know what LIFE LONG DIE HARD Kobe & Laker fan I was and will always be.

Off the top of my head the games I remember being at:

-2001 NBA Finals Game 1 when AI came in beat the Lakers and stomped over Ty Lue.
-2002 Game 4 WCF Robert Horry infamous game winning 3 after Vlade's knock away rebound.
-2003 2nd round playoffs. 3 peat dynasty comes to a end at the hand of Tim Duncan, Pops and the Spurs. Kobe & DFish walking off the court in tears.
-2004 WCF Kareem Rush hit's 6 or more 3's and send KG and T'Wolves home for the summer.
-2006 1st Round Game 4 against Phoenix. Kobe hit game tying shot and game winner in OT over Raja Bell & Boris Diaw and the Suns.
-2008 NBA Finals Game 4. Kobe and the Lakers avoid elimination but lose Finals in 6 @ Bos.
-2010 1st round Game 1 against Utah Jazz.

I remember during the 3 peat run LA Live wasn't built and was a HUGE parking lot in front of Staples Center. Those championship parades started in DTLA and would make it's way down Figueroa and would end at that parking lot and a huge rally with a stage and Chick and the team partying and celebrating.

Last edited:
I remember being broke as hell, not able to afford tickets to any of the 3-peat playoff games. Would go to City Walk and watch games on the big screen.

I remember being broke as hell, not able to afford tickets to any of the 3-peat playoff games. Would go to City Walk and watch games on the big screen.

Tickets back then bro were actually cheap compared to nowadays NBA tickets prices. 2002 WCF Game 4 game section 320 row 4 I got my 2 tickets for $80 each. I called out sick that day from work from an awful IT call center job I had at the time and took my older sister with me.

Nowadays nose 300 level tickets easily go for at least a $100 or more after reseller prices and fees. Hell even the season ticket holders treat it as a business and jack up and re sell their tickets.

So proud that I never missed a game
Bought his shoes, gear, jerseys.
Bought magazines and books
He was my sports idol

Tickets back then bro were actually cheap compared to nowadays NBA tickets prices. 2002 WCF Game 4 game section 320 row 4 I got my 2 tickets for $80 each. I called out sick that day from work from an awful IT call center job I had at the time and took my older sister with me.

Nowadays nose 300 level tickets easily go for at least a $100 or more after reseller prices and fees. Hell even the season ticket holders treat it as a business and jack up and re sell their tickets.

No doubt about it man. I'm a year younger than Kobe, and was a broke kid in college, as were my homies. We all pitched in for gas and City Walked it for multiple finals. I've watched Kobe play for literally half of my life, unreal. I never understood how grown men can cry when a celebrity that they never knew dies, but now I know. Damnit.

For the longest time, I've always wanted to make a "Appreciate The Player's You 'Hate'" Thread and basically just wanted folks to post their favorite moments from the players they rooted against, "hated," etc cause at the end of the day, I doubt any one of you REALLY truly hate one of them unless they personally did something to you.

Anyway, I was known way back in the day as one of the "Kobe Haters" but I think right now is just the time to just share my favorite moment from him. Hate that it had to be in these circumstances though.

I'll name two that sticks out for me. It was definitely that crazy game against Portland where he hit the 3 to send it to OT and the 3 to win it to I believe clinch the Pacific Division (or # 1, i don't remember). That was just INSANE!!! From the importance, to the difficulty of the shots....mannnnnnn. He's obviously had MANY incredible moments but for me that was just wow. The other one was when he went baseline and yacked it on Minnesota....WHAT?!?!? Now THAT dunk was just bananas where he literally jumped from the other side, double clutched underneath the rim to avoid KG and their Center and BAM!!!!! Yacked em! Straight filthy! :pimp::pimp::pimp:

RIP again to Kobe and his beautiful daughter. The bond and adoration they shared with each other is something I hope my daughter and I have in the future.

kind of glad game postponed. its all way to soon. dont know how yall were planning on watching kobe highlights and stuff. it can literally drive you mad. imagine players and staff that knew him for 20 years+ its debilitating.

Back
Top Bottom