**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Woke up like 15 times last night with only 1 thought everytime. “Kobe is dead...no ******* way”

Nah we gotta rally even harder now for Lakers to do it for Kobe, I mean thats always been the objective but now the Chip has way more purpose

IMG_20200127_094830_291.jpg

Dug through my drawer and found my Kobe MVP tee from 2008. It's wrinkled and has holes in it, but I'm wearing it proudly today.

Nah we gotta rally even harder now for Lakers to do it for Kobe, I mean thats always been the objective but now the Chip has way more purpose
its crazy that kobe’s last tweet and ig post was all about lebron.

its so insignificant in comparison but the pressure for lebron to win one in honor of kobe for the fans and the franchise is at an all time high.

like many, it’s irrelevant for me if they win a title this year or not but it would be an amazing story if lebron comes out blazing and leads this group, the city to another glory.

The atmosphere in Staples on Tuesday is going to be something else. I really don’t know what to expect, I don’t know how I’ll feel.
Kobe’s last tweet and IG post congratulating Bron is going to be with him forever. I know Bron will feel immense pressure, a large burden to continue the legacy that Kobe left. It’s going to be tough.

I totally get the sentiment that LeBron taking the throne and winning it all for him and of course that would be epic. But I’m not gonna put that kind of pressure on him. I’m just a regular guy and I don’t wanna go to work today. Imagine some guys on the team that KNEW KOBE and spoke to him regularly. Some of these guys probably not even eating normally right now let alone having motivation to train at an elite level.

Seriously hasn't hit me yet, that my favorite player all time is gone.
I sat through 2 hours of coverage with my wife, who is in shambles.
It's just crazy.
I remember hearing Kobe had zero tolerance for laziness. It always hit me that if I ever did meet him, I wouldn't be worthy because I've been pretty lazy throughout my life. Of course I'm sure that wouldn't matter to him, but I've always admired the type of dedication and discipline Kobe had when it came to approaching my craft and then extending that mentality to other venues. It's actually crazy fascinating when you think about that. I normally don't get sad around famous deaths but man I honestly can't think of another person that was in my life as much as Kobe Bryant.
2020 is a big year for me, where I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and putting myself out there in huge ways and I wanted to adopt my own activity or regiment that I could do to sort of lock me in everyday. Think I'll be reading a page of Mamba Mentality and then reading a page having to do with my craft and merging the two to attack the day. I just want to do something as a living tribute to someone that meant A LOT to me.
It goes without saying I'm wearing a Jersey and listening to the USC talk on the walk to work this morning, might even where it while working.
I was lucky to see him play twice. Once at Oracle when my wife surprised me and the other time for my bachelor party at Staples, both were AMAZING!
RIP Kobe Bean Bryant
thanks for the memories in my childhood and adulthood, you will be missed but never ever forgotten
IMG_20200127_072242.jpg

IMG_20161230_163719.jpg

yesterday was really surreal man
found out coming out of the movies
really just sat in my car and shed tears for a good hour or so...

My childhood Hero is gone...born in 1990 started watching b-ball as Kobe came in a piece of my childhood is gone man

No Kobe story.
butwhen Jerseys were crackin back then my pops bought me a few when Nike was doing them. And it was the baggy era. He got me a XL...I’m 5’8. Back then I could pull it off. Like I said, baggy era. Now it is huge on me. But I will gladly wear it this year just need to put it over a hoody. And get somemore fitted ones :lol:

Raja Bell on ESPN 710 this morning said the biggest regret of his career was not signing with Lakers for minimum to play with Kobe. He signed with Jazz for more money that year. He was so damn sad on the radio

Back
Top Bottom