**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Here's guys I wish we could trade for:

LeBron, Kyrie, Kawhi, KD, Russ, Harden, Steph, Klay, PG, Boogie, KAT

Reality is that we aren't going to get these guys
If we are trading for worse players, we are just shooting ourselves in the foot at rebuilding and developing a championship contender
So we should be positioning ourselves to develop our assets, try to lure some actual good free agents, make smart draft choices, and hope we luck into a franchise superstar.

This year.

What is interesting is Jerry West and what he wants to do. Seems Jennie wants him, we have his son here.

Isn't he part owner of the team with Jeanie? Can they really boot him out if he decides to stay? Possible power struggle

not even gonna worry about guys we would like to have man....

good news about a current player on the roster

nance may begin to practice this week and possibly be back by next week.

Isn't he part owner of the team with Jeanie? Can they really boot him out if he decides to stay? Possible power struggle

Jeanie can and probably will fire her brother at the end of the season, especially if the Logo wants to come back.

Lakers have played 6 more games than the Nugs

What the **** are NBA schedule makers smoking? Where's the parity?

If West comes back huge upgrade. Dude always leaves lasting impression with whatever franchise he works for

I would feel uneasy about having two to three non-threatening point shooters on the floor at a given time, but Rubio, Pekovic and Shabazz for Deng and Lou anyone?

Hmmm Pek is retiring
Rubio and Dlo would be a good PG combo since Huertas and Jose won't be here past this season
Shabazz is young and has some potential

I would feel uneasy about having two to three non-threatening point shooters on the floor at a given time, but Rubio, Pekovic and Shabazz for Deng and Lou anyone?
And now you have Rubio, Calderon, and Huertas at PG, and move DLo to SG?

It could work

And now you have Rubio, Calderon, and Huertas at PG, and move DLo to SG?

It could work
All things considered I would just stagger the minutes so Rubio, D'Lo and Ingram/Clarkson get the PG duties. :lol:

Mozzy, Randle, Ingram, D'Lo, Rubio starting with Tarik/TRob/Zu, Nance, Swaggy and Clarkson backing them up.

Also you don't need Pekovic thrown in there... Timberwolves have $10mil in cap space

Rubio + Shabazz = $16.596
Deng + Lou = $25mil

Could throw in Jordan Hill for them to preserve their cap.

Only way I take Pek is if it's guaranteed that he is medically retiring. Don't want that deal on the cap next season

Also wouldn't even start Rubio.. I'd give him 25-30 minutes, but I wouldn't start him at all

Last edited:
Dudes up in arms about our second half starts, they really gonna be heated when our second unit can't bring us back if we trade away Lou

Dudes up in arms about our second half starts, they really gonna be heated when our second unit can't bring us back if we trade away Lou

Team would be better if Ingram moved to starting lineup.

And Rubio replaced Lou off the bench. And Shabazz is the 3 off the bench.

Also you don't need Pekovic thrown in there... Timberwolves have $10mil in cap space

Rubio + Shabazz = $16.596
Deng + Lou = $25mil

Could throw in Jordan Hill for them to preserve their cap.

Only way I take Pek is if it's guaranteed that he is medically retiring. Don't want that deal on the cap next season

Also wouldn't even start Rubio.. I'd give him 25-30 minutes, but I wouldn't start him at all

This.

Rubio
JC
Shabazz
Nance/T Rob
Black/Zu

Not bad at all

Back
Top Bottom