**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

16122998_691874510983666_7315421897523462144_n.jpg

SecondGenuineKitty-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Ford:
Towns
Porzingis
Jokic (drafted in 2014, but came over in 2015)
Turner
Booker

Pelton:
Towns
Jokic
Porzingis
Turner
Russell

Who do you have at No. 5?

Pelton: D'Angelo Russell rounds out my top five. The No. 2 overall pick has made incremental progress in his second season, improving his assist rate from 4.2 per 36 minutes to 6.0, increasing his usage rate to 27.4 percent of the Lakers' plays (up from 24.2 percent) while maintaining his efficiency and improving on the defensive glass.

While Russell still has a long way to go in his development as a playmaker and defender, a look around the league shows the opposite story at point guard as at center: Russell is perhaps the league's best full-time point guard younger than age 25, which augurs well for his long-term development.

You've consistently favored Emmanuel Mudiay over Russell. Is that still the case?

Ford: No. Mudiay is still struggling and Russell is looking better. But neither is at No. 5 for me.

*in my whiplash voice* Nah, no heart. He is a bust. Barbershop knows more than any NBA scout.... Trade him now.

Last edited:
Always forget Joker. Dude is a beast. In a draft that we needed a center/big...maaaaan.

Last edited:
Ford:
Towns
Porzingis
Jokic (drafted in 2014, but came over in 2015)
Turner
Booker

Pelton:
Towns
Jokic
Porzingis
Turner
Russell

At this point you can't argue with either list.

Interesting that all the best players recently have been bigs tho

but hes a one way player 
Jah was considered the same
And D'Lo is a 2 way player?
going into the draft, the talk was about about us choosing to draft an offensive big to be next to Juju which would create issues

Jah was praised for his post game and footwork, him and Juju wouldve created defenses to crowd the paint and force them to shoot

Jokic wasnt  even on the radar for us at 2...

now d'lo, well we know what we got drafting him

his team workout made the team think he could transition into an average defender

Last edited:

You know what's gonna be interesting?

DLo vs Mudiay tonight. 
laugh.gif
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

d'lo gon cook that boy

today and the 31st were options on that barrys ticket deal 

decided to go on the 31st 

Last edited:
Joker wasn't even in the same draft. I'm just wondering why you brought up they are one way players while the guy we drafted is as well and even worse on defense than they are.

Joker wasn't even in the same draft. I'm just wondering why you brought up they are one way players while the guy we drafted is as well and even worse on defense than they are.
didnt even read that he wasnt drafted in the same class

my bad, i just saw the list 

:lol: that trade would just reset the rebuild back
Melo's ceiling as the number one guy now would be a 40 win season with a high probability of missing the playoffs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom